• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil change in West Side?

Hey folks - just got back from picking up my new-to-me NSX. Given I just put another 1500 miles on the car, I'll be needing an oil change soon. If anyone's throwing an oil change get-together, I'll bring the beer. I would host, but my apt doesn't allow for such shenanigans.

Anyone know a West side indy shop to do the oil / filter change? Otherwise, I'll trek it to Autowave in OC or Automotive Instincts in Northridge per prime recommendations.

photo (5).jpg

I buy my oil from Walmart and Rober Garcia does my service. You can't go wrong with niguel motors or autowave either. They both have done work on my car. Congrats on your purchase!

so jealous of your flip-up headlights...and in blue!

does he have the filter / washer or do you get those in advance?
What's your preferred walmart oil?

I buy my oil from Walmart and Rober Garcia does my service. You can't go wrong with niguel motors or autowave either. They both have done work on my car. Congrats on your purchase!

so jealous of your flip-up headlights...and in blue!

does he have the filter / washer or do you get those in advance?
What's your preferred walmart oil?

Thanks! I get Mobil 1 10w30 and buy the filter from the acura dealer. He can get it too if you prefer.

Autowave is great, but for an oil change I do it my self. If you want to go to the valley I will be doing my oil change in 2 weeks (after the track) you can join us.
BTW I live on the west side and DO NOT GO TO SM ACURA!

What day? My beer offer stands.

Autowave is great, but for an oil change I do it my self. If you want to go to the valley I will be doing my oil change in 2 weeks (after the track) you can join us.
BTW I live on the west side and DO NOT GO TO SM ACURA!

Met up with g3driver and his brother for my virgin oil change. His guidance prevented what would otherwise have been a messy experience. Nothing like an afternoon talking cars over beer. Thx!

What's wrong with SM Acura? Got some dishonest folks there?
Yes

- - - Updated - - -

Aww man, I totally missed this!! Crap..
Next time for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Met up with g3driver and his brother for my virgin oil change. His guidance prevented what would otherwise have been a messy experience. Nothing like an afternoon talking cars over beer. Thx!
It was fun. Nice to meet a local guy! Get that AC fixed!

Back