• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

shout-out to Goodson Acura in Dallas

I go out of my way to avoid dealers, but given all the good reviews of Goodson, I had my PPI done on a potential car that is now in my garage 1500 miles away. The original owner (who bought it there) had all the minor items they recommended done (nearly $3K worth of work) before we closed the deal. Best $150 I ever spent...right up there with SOS in AZ when they uncovered an undisclosed accident for $120. Anyways, the folks at Goodson even sent me a 20MB pdf of every service since the car was new. Call me a happy customer.

I 2nd that, seem good at first until they start doing major work on your car, then, like in my case price kept going up on the clutch install because proper procedures were ignored, because Adviser claims tech has been working on NSX's for 20+ years. In any case i don't care how long a tech has been working on an NSX, i care more about that they do it right & follow proper procedures per manufacturers (SOS) recommendations or run into trouble & spend more time on it, but rather they arrogantly state they know it all & told me they got it handle. I was shafted for an extra $300..they even left major scratches on my car with what looks to be from the NSX service mat, but my car is black & already has light scratches on it so i didn't raise too much hell, just glad to have her back.
Needless to say though, I will not go back there again...
GL

Last edited:
Goodson was very involved and helpful back at xpo in the Fort Worth area many moons ago.My car was shipped there and serviced/detailed ect.....

I've gone to McDavid once for inspection, oil, clutch and transmission fluid change. The sales area is kept nice inside and out. The service area, especially where the lone NSX tech works is in need of help. The bay itself is poorly lit, is very small, cramped and the exterior of the building is rusty and dirty. In fact the entire parking area outside the service bays is dirty, with litter and used broken pallets littering the ground. I have no complaints on the actual work done on the car, the Tech seemed very knowledgeable about the car, it's care and wanting to do the work thoroughly.

I do know that others have gone to Goodson Acura and have nothing but good things to say about the service they received. I will use them sometime in the future, if for nothing else than to form a basis of comparison.

I bought my first Acura's brand new from Goodson in 98 and 99. They exemplified customer service and professionalism and I have yet to get that same level of experience anywhere else. I am FB friends with my old service manager from way back then!

Back