• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Springfield VA meet at Hard Times tonight

Details here: http://carlovedc.com/2013/07/hard-times-in-springfield-meet-69/

I used to roll down to this meet last Summer mostly because the drive down isn't bad. Its a young crowd and has been shut down a bunch over shenanigans, but I have found most people to be polite and respectful when I have shown up. Although it starts at 7PM, I don't head out until around 8ish due to traffic, dinner and all that. Looks like the weather is going to be good until around midnight so I am thinking of hitting it up tonight (assuming it isn't shut down already :p )

- - - Updated - - -

*update*
Tonight's a no go for me, the evil traffic demons took a massive crap on the 14th street bridge tonight and I got stuck in there.

If this meet is back in action though, we should get together for it next week. The location should be good for a lot the NoVa owners.

I'll try to make it to this next time. Thanks Dan!

Alright got this on my calendar and I'm cleaning up the car tonight. I'm gonna try to make it to Katie's C&C, Fair Lakes C&C, and this Springfield meet over the next few days.

Not as big a fan of this meet as Fair Lakes or Katie's. We got there earlyish (four NSXs total) and went for a burger. Sometime within the next 20 minutes, a crowd had built up around and between our cars, and the guys were just milling around and smoking and ash was getting all over my car. It didn't feel like a good meet; a lot of people just loitering and leaning on cars, then newcomers revving loudly into the parking lot.

Not sure if I'll go again. It was fine early on so maybe I'll come in again for that but will leave before them young whippersnappers come in with their youthful antics.

Not as big a fan of this meet as Fair Lakes or Katie's. We got there earlyish (four NSXs total) and went for a burger. Sometime within the next 20 minutes, a crowd had built up around and between our cars, and the guys were just milling around and smoking and ash was getting all over my car. It didn't feel like a good meet; a lot of people just loitering and leaning on cars, then newcomers revving loudly into the parking lot.

Not sure if I'll go again. It was fine early on so maybe I'll come in again for that but will leave before them young whippersnappers come in with their youthful antics.

Too much RICE!!!

It wasn't even the way modified their cars; I mean that's a personal style thing. People can do what they like to their cars. The part I was unhappy about was the crowd that built up right next to and in between our cars, which could've still been tolerable if they weren't also smoking and tapping their cigarettes over our bumpers. WTF

Back