• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time Sert Kit For Rent

Not sure if I can do this, so please forgive me in advance moderators....

During my engine rebuild, I searched around if a local machine shop had a Honda TimeSert kit I could use, or if I could borrow one from another Prime user. I didn't want to buy my own, since installation kits are ~ $400+ to purchase. No one did, so I did end up buying a kit and have "rented" it to a few users on here when they were doing engine rebuilds themselves.

The cost to rent this installation kit is $80 shipped in the continental US. However, there is an additional $300 fee fully refunded via paypal within 2 days after I receive the kit. I may choose to waive the $300 fee at my discretion and have done so for at least two members here.

This does not include the cost of the carbon steel Timeserts or other liquid consumables (lubricating oil for drilling, and Loctite for timesert installation).

Therefore, your cost would be $80 to rent the kit, ~$60 for 16 timeserts that you purchase yourself, liquid consumables that almost everyone already has, and shipping back to me. With the fully-refundable $300 fee, the $380 is payable to me through paypal only please.

You can install the Timeserts yourself, or pay an engine builder to do it for you.

Here's a vendor with links to the install instructions and a place to buy the individual timeserts:
http://www.mechanicstoolsandbits.co...-acura-head-bolt-thread-repair-kit-p-199.html

Thanks,

Dave

Now that I'm confident with my DIY rebuilt engine, I'm willing to let this kit go.

A new kit shipped to your door is $445, but that includes 10 inserts (about $3.70 per insert), a bottle of Loctite 266, and a bottle of lubricating oil.

My kit only has three inserts (you can buy more inserts on your own through the link above), no Loctite 266, and no oil. Loctite 266 is cheap and I would want a fresh bottle anyways for something this important. You can use any ~30wt oil for the threads.

So let's say $325 shipped to your door. I prefer paypal, so that includes paypal fees if we go that route.

Thanks,

Dave

Back