• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 for sale at kings porsche JH4NA1158MT000141

http://www.porscheofkingsautomall.c...tm?vehicleId=803520d47f000001011f1d259bafc21d

anyone know whose car this was?

just over 50K miles

priced @ $31.9K, i'm sure they have enough pad to sell quite a bit lower.

looks clean, but those tiny stock wheels have got to go!

Blaine, It is a very clean car.. Was traded into a dealer in KY Came from KY somewhere. We did some work on it for porsche. I placed a buy bid on it and Kings porsche outbid me for it.. They really dont have a ton of room on price if they bid higher than me. :smile:

Blaine, It is a very clean car.. Was traded into a dealer in KY Came from KY somewhere. We did some work on it for porsche. I placed a buy bid on it and Kings porsche outbid me for it.. They really dont have a ton of room on price if they bid higher than me. :smile:

I checked it out for Kings before they bought it from a wholesaler. I got friendly when I bought my Cayenne there and they asked me to offer my opinion on value- since Tim Bromley lives in Atlanta.

They did pick it up to put on their lot and as Brian said, they do not have a lot of room to go down.

i'm surprised the asking price isn't a bit higher, like $34-$35K, so they'd have a little room to negotiate.

guess i'm just a tad bummed that a car like mine, with less miles, isn't worth just a bit more ... but it has been a tough year.

I'd be surprised if it's there for "eye candy"! I bought mine from Columbia Acura (same family), and they were panicking after 30 days on the lot....they bought it from the original leasee, and didn't have much room to negotiate either (Jim knew the original owner), but the urge to sell the car helped me!:smile:I have that dealers today don't pay much for any used cars, so they can flip them quickly and move on!

i'm surprised the asking price isn't a bit higher, like $34-$35K, so they'd have a little room to negotiate.

guess i'm just a tad bummed that a car like mine, with less miles, isn't worth just a bit more ... but it has been a tough year.

Still being in the low $30s is pretty darn good for that year, all things considered.

I hope that you will take me at my word?

Jeeezzzzzzz Curt, "eye candy" it is then:biggrin: Just can't imagine why a Porsche dealer would want to show off the beauty of an NSX, at the expense of their P-cars?

Happy New Year! Hope to see you at the track in 2010.....Ray

I hope that you will take me at my word?

Jeeezzzzzzz Curt, "eye candy" it is then:biggrin: Just can't imagine why a Porsche dealer would want to show off the beauty of an NSX, at the expense of their P-cars?

Happy New Year! Hope to see you at the track in 2010.....Ray

Happy New Year to you too!

My advice to Kings was to pass, that the delta would not merit the deal. I was surprised when I stopped in to say Happy Holidays and saw #141 there. As I recall it was clean and needed minor work, mainly running a little rough like it needed a tune up. Sounds like they rang up Brian to address. The sales manager wanted to change the wheels, I told him no, that the only way it would work out for him would be to leave the OEM wheels on since it would scream UNMOLESTED to an astute buyer. I did not see any evidence of overspray from accidents, etc. it just needed a little TLC.

I guarantee we'll cross paths this Summer. Santa brought me a proper SA2005 bucket along with some weight-saving (OK, bling...) and under car air management stuff from Downforce...

Last edited:
Curt, better stop tinkering, or Jim will give up trying to keep with you.:wink: Speaking of Jim, where has he been hiding? Hasn't answered my last two e-mails.....

Hopefully the weather will warm up so we can bring the cars out from under their covers...I like to drive them every couple of weeks, at least, but the weather forcast sucks for at least the next ten days! Ray

Regards to you Blaine, Brian, Curt, Ray and a good New Year :smile:

You guys are all watching the UC versus FL game right now.

We went to a wedding in Mason, OH, last evening (yea…. New Year’s Eve!) and it was very nice. But today, upon checking out Marriott at I-71 @ Fields-Ertel/Mason Montgomery Roads, etc, I needed to venture over to the Kings Auto Mall dealership area and Holiday window shop. ‘Specially after you all (Blaine, Brian, etc) posted up on the new guy offered in town.
Freezing cold, deserted dealership lots. Finding the P Car dealership, alert spouse noted there were people inside the showroom. I saw ’91 red NSX outside on left (ice chips included) and got out to view. Dismayed when drvr door was unlocked with pass door locked. O K I try it gently and she opens with a frozen rubber seal groan. I figure anyone inside P showroom will be outside soon.
Open engine compartment, dusty and dirty. Owner live on a dirt road in KY? Front and rear looked nice. I failed to note what tires were on the stocker smallie wheels. Interior showed 50 K miles wear on leather. etc. Parked beside it was a white Lexus sedan – it looked gigantic.
Of course a sales person in casual dress (Holiday) came out and we chatted. I enjoyed this NSX but I also had an eye for the Gallardo inside their showroom. He says, “Come on in” so I got the significant other (spousal unit) and we went in. D-mn. Eye candy. Don’t see this stuff anywhere I visit here in Michigan. 08 Gallardo Spider (ruby red? Color just escapes me… says go ahead and have a seat in it…… do….. rats I DO NOT fit in this) and 07/08 silver F430 which just sold internet sight unseen to FL, plus new white Panamera S in there. Jeez.
Mike, sales guy, treated us very well and even broke out a couple of sweet P coffee cups to us. He wants to move this NSX~!

This NSX is an early 1991 likely sold in 1990 at maybe thousands above MSRP? Note please that I have NO INTEREST in this NSX but would love to see the title history to see where it's been and how many owners.
AND if it came into Michigan I'd have no problem with that. (Sorry Tim, I now feel like Bromley...!)

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bryan</st1:place></st1:City> Huff here from Porsche. I figured with all the threads on this car I should probably go in and put the information I know about the car out there. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The car was traded in by a friend of mine at a local Honda dealership. He owned the car for 10 years and purchased it from Nelson Lamborghini in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Marysville</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OH</st1:State></st1:place>. When he bought the car with 44K on it he replaced the timing belt, clutch and flywheel. I don't have the documentation to support this but the guy would have no reason to lie about it. I've known the previous owner for about 5 years, he babied the car and kept it in a heated and cooled garage. <o:p></o:p>
When I got the car the radio needed to be replaced which we did. The car has actually never been detailed. Monday I'm taking it up to Acura for a tune up. I'll also get the transmission number. I tried to call the guy Curt recommended but he never called me back. After the tune up I'm going to get the car fully detailed and put it in the showroom since we sold the Ferrari. It just doesn't look right with snow on it.... I purposely did not do anything to the leather because it was in such good condition for the cars age. I didn't want to die the leather and make it look brand new. Like Curt said its an unmolested car and I'd like to keep it that way. <o:p></o:p>
As far as price goes right now I have $28,800 in the car before the service work I'm about to do. I'm not looking to kill someone on the price of the car. I'd sell it for $800 over whatever I have in it. As Curt can confirm I'm more concerned with putting nice cars back on the road than gross profit. I'll never sell a car knowing it needs some major work. I like having unique cars here that people appreciate and enjoy buying which is why I bought this NSX.
If anyone is interested in this car or if you know anyone else that is my cell phone number is 513-404-9019. Thanks, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bryan</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>

Regards to you Blaine, Brian, Curt, Ray and a good New Year :smile:

You guys are all watching the UC versus FL game right now.

We went to a wedding in Mason, OH, last evening (yea…. New Year’s Eve!) and it was very nice. But today, upon checking out Marriott at I-71 @ Fields-Ertel/Mason Montgomery Roads, etc, I needed to venture over to the Kings Auto Mall dealership area and Holiday window shop. ‘Specially after you all (Blaine, Brian, etc) posted up on the new guy offered in town.
Freezing cold, deserted dealership lots. Finding the P Car dealership, alert spouse noted there were people inside the showroom. I saw ’91 red NSX outside on left (ice chips included) and got out to view. Dismayed when drvr door was unlocked with pass door locked. O K I try it gently and she opens with a frozen rubber seal groan. I figure anyone inside P showroom will be outside soon.
Open engine compartment, dusty and dirty. Owner live on a dirt road in KY? Front and rear looked nice. I failed to note what tires were on the stocker smallie wheels. Interior showed 50 K miles wear on leather. etc. Parked beside it was a white Lexus sedan – it looked gigantic.
Of course a sales person in casual dress (Holiday) came out and we chatted. I enjoyed this NSX but I also had an eye for the Gallardo inside their showroom. He says, “Come on in” so I got the significant other (spousal unit) and we went in. D-mn. Eye candy. Don’t see this stuff anywhere I visit here in Michigan. 08 Gallardo Spider (ruby red? Color just escapes me… says go ahead and have a seat in it…… do….. rats I DO NOT fit in this) and 07/08 silver F430 which just sold internet sight unseen to FL, plus new white Panamera S in there. Jeez.
Mike, sales guy, treated us very well and even broke out a couple of sweet P coffee cups to us. He wants to move this NSX~!

This NSX is an early 1991 likely sold in 1990 at maybe thousands above MSRP? Note please that I have NO INTEREST in this NSX but would love to see the title history to see where it's been and how many owners.
AND if it came into Michigan I'd have no problem with that. (Sorry Tim, I now feel like Bromley...!)

Wow, I'm just two exits up from where you were....sorry you didn't look me up. Hopefully you kept your NSX's at home for the trip....

Regards, Ray

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Bryan</ST1:place></st1:City> Huff here from Porsche. I figured with all the threads on this car I should probably go in and put the information I know about the car out there. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
The car was traded in by a friend of mine at a local Honda dealership. He owned the car for 10 years and purchased it from Nelson Lamborghini in <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Marysville</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OH</st1:State></ST1:place>. When he bought the car with 44K on it he replaced the timing belt, clutch and flywheel. I don't have the documentation to support this but the guy would have no reason to lie about it. I've known the previous owner for about 5 years, he babied the car and kept it in a heated and cooled garage. <O:p></O:p>
When I got the car the radio needed to be replaced which we did. The car has actually never been detailed. Monday I'm taking it up to Acura for a tune up. I'll also get the transmission number. I tried to call the guy Curt recommended but he never called me back. After the tune up I'm going to get the car fully detailed and put it in the showroom since we sold the Ferrari. It just doesn't look right with snow on it.... I purposely did not do anything to the leather because it was in such good condition for the cars age. I didn't want to die the leather and make it look brand new. Like Curt said its an unmolested car and I'd like to keep it that way. <O:p></O:p>
As far as price goes right now I have $28,800 in the car before the service work I'm about to do. I'm not looking to kill someone on the price of the car. I'd sell it for $800 over whatever I have in it. As Curt can confirm I'm more concerned with putting nice cars back on the road than gross profit. I'll never sell a car knowing it needs some major work. I like having unique cars here that people appreciate and enjoy buying which is why I bought this NSX.
If anyone is interested in this car or if you know anyone else that is my cell phone number is 513-404-9019. Thanks, <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Bryan</ST1:place></st1:City><O:p></O:p>

Thanks for your response....and your dealer perspective. Curt was right on about your dealership!

Wow, I'm just two exits up from where you were....sorry you didn't look me up. Hopefully you kept your NSX's at home for the trip....

Regards, Ray

Happy New Year, Ray! Note taken. Yea, drove wife's TL and it got almost 28 mpg to Cinti and return.

Mr. Huff (Bryan), Very nice of you to chime in here on NSX Prime and discuss this NSX so frankly. Meeting you and Mike yesterday was quite refreshing - certainly NOT the usual dealership experience!
I intended to e-mail you at the addy on your biz card to say thank you to you and Mike, but since you posted up here I'll state it publicly:
THANK YOU!
I'm tickled that you'll be placing it into your showroom where that sweet F430 was. I will likely be back into Cinti area next week so perhaps I'll stop by again and bug you. :biggrin:

Some lucky buyer will be purchasing a beautiful NSX!
neal

Mr. Huff (Bryan), Very nice of you to chime in here on NSX Prime and discuss this NSX so frankly. Meeting you and Mike yesterday was quite refreshing - certainly NOT the usual dealership experience!
I intended to e-mail you at the addy on your biz card to say thank you to you and Mike, but since you posted up here I'll state it publicly:
THANK YOU!
I'm tickled that you'll be placing it into your showroom where that sweet F430 was. I will likely be back into Cinti area next week so perhaps I'll stop by again and bug you. :biggrin:

Some lucky buyer will be purchasing a beautiful NSX!
neal

Bryan really is a class act. I expect no less from a fellow Marine. "Huff here from Porsche" - you're definately a Comm guy!

I was so pleased that with my experience at Kings that I delivered a letter personally to the owner's (Greg Joseph) office describing my positive purchase experience. The professionalism that I experienced from everyone that I worked with there was refreshing.

Neal, if you make it back down and have the time to give us, please see if you can find some to meet up with some of us. We enjoy getting together without much real purpose required, your visit would be the first since SOURCE's picnic and a great way to begin the New Year.

No matter how small the window let us know. You and Kyle could enjoy a Blue Moon- with orange of course...

Thank you Curtsr. I've PM'd Ray also about being into Cinti next week.

How does Thursday evening, Jan. 7th, work for all? Say 6-7 PM somewhere along I-275 between 75 and 71?

Blaine (cyberNSX)? You available? PhiAlpha? Source? CL Pilot Jim? Either of you studs from DaVille going to be in the Queen City then? :smile:

Depending on how much time Neal has we could get a side room at Dave and Busters, like one with a pool table, etc. Even if he has little time he could spend what time he wishes and the rest of us could hang and tell lies. 6-7 is the last part of Happy Hour there, great specials.
I'd be glad to set it up.

Last edited:
So if this things still here in the Spring (which I hope its not) I'll have to go out on a cruise with you guys!

Looks like rough idle was probably caused by bad gas of all things. I went today and filled it with Shell 93 Octane before dropping it at Columbia Acura and it already seems to be running better. We'll see what they say for sure.

Note to self = Don't forget to have them get the transmission number!!! Thanks, Self

Definitely needs to be in the showroom with all this snow that's falling today!

hey guys... Busy thread since I have checked in ..

We repaired the radio in the car.. It was in good shape.. Definately needed a little love.. Wish we could get the work but I am sure the josephs want to keep it in house if possible ( i would ).

As far as meeting up I would LOVE to.... HOWEVER I will be flying down to the house in Ft. Myers. I need a VACATION BAD!!!!! It has been a rough couple years :)

We definately need to set up a time soon to get everyone together though. Curt I know you have the HOOK UP at dave and busters so we need to plan something..

Call me and we will set it up.

I will make it a NSXCA event..

BTW have you guys joined yet????
www.nsxca.com

I should be able to make D & B. Curt, just txt me what time on Thurs and I'll be there.

ALTHOUGH.... I THINK WE'RE SUPPOSE TO GET SNOW ON THURS (AND NOT A DUSTING).

Depending on how much time Neal has we could get a side room at Dave and Busters, like one with a pool table, etc. Even if he has little time he could spend what time he wishes and the rest of us could hang and tell lies. 6-7 is the last part of Happy Hour there, great specials.
I'd be glad to set it up.

Thursday evening wide open, Curt. Be great to meet.

So if this things still here in the Spring (which I hope its not) I'll have to go out on a cruise with you guys!

Looks like rough idle was probably caused by bad gas of all things. I went today and filled it with Shell 93 Octane before dropping it at Columbia Acura and it already seems to be running better. We'll see what they say for sure.

Note to self = Don't forget to have them get the transmission number!!! Thanks, Self

Definitely needs to be in the showroom with all this snow that's falling today!

Don't wait that long, Bryan H! It may move, and you would miss your sole opportunity to join us. :biggrin:

hey guys... Busy thread since I have checked in ..

We repaired the radio in the car.. It was in good shape.. Definately needed a little love.. Wish we could get the work but I am sure the josephs want to keep it in house if possible ( i would ).

As far as meeting up I would LOVE to.... HOWEVER I will be flying down to the house in Ft. Myers. I need a VACATION BAD!!!!! It has been a rough couple years :)

We definately need to set up a time soon to get everyone together though. Curt I know you have the HOOK UP at dave and busters so we need to plan something..

Call me and we will set it up.

I will make it a NSXCA event..

BTW have you guys joined yet????
www.nsxca.com

Hey Brian and Happy New Year. Get your well-deserved vacation for sure. MORE power to you.

I should be able to make D & B. Curt, just txt me what time on Thurs and I'll be there.

ALTHOUGH.... I THINK WE'RE SUPPOSE TO GET SNOW ON THURS (AND NOT A DUSTING).

Bring Grammy's Toyota as I look forward to seeing you Jim.

neal

Neal,

I'll do my best to get there.....I usually can't get out of here before 6:45pm, and with the incoming weather, trying to drive down I-71, across I-275 during rush hour can be a test, but if Jim is driving up from Florence, I guess I can't complain much!

Hope to see you guys there.....I'll call your cell Neal, if I can't make it in time.

Regards, Ray

Happy New Year to all:

Enjoy your vacation Brian, it sounds like your getting out of town just in

time!!!

Hopefully, the warm weather will return sooner rather than later, I want to

get the NSX out and drive.

BTW yes, I did join NSXCA.

Seeya soon,

Jeff

Back