• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changed Battery, now radio needs "Code"?

I own an Accord and just replaced the battery. Besides waiting until I can get it over to Honda, anyone know alternative ways of obtaining the radio code?

Its a 98 and purchased used. I only have a generic owners manual (No car specific info in it)

Try calling customer service at Honda HQ. The number is in the back of your owner's manual. Have your car's VIN number handy.

Call American Honda. I believe their number is 1-800-33-HONDA. Ask them if they are willing to give you the code if you fax them your title (which includes VIN and proof that you own the car.)

If not, you'll have to go to a dealer, show them your title, and they'll pull up a code for you to enter into the radio.

Call your dealers service dept..
Some Hondas they can look up through the vin#.
If not, you will need to pull the radio out and give them the serial number that is on the back.

Happy ending....

Honda puts the radio serial # on a sticker in the glove box. I called my service rep on Saturday morning and he pulled the code based on that serial #, no questions asked, right over the phone....

problem solved!

Back