• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado Springs Help Needed

NOT NSX, but your help needed

Hello there,

Looking to fly into CO, and drive a car back to Sunny San Diego. It is a estoril blue M roadster. 2000 model with 10K miles on it. Original owner. Car has been serviced at Winslow BMW.

To make the deal as smooth as possible, should I get a PPI done on the car before making out the check?

If so, where would you recommend? Car is completely stock except for Super Spring exhaust. I am worried about dry rot, since it has such low miles.

Rates on local PPI? Owner is willing to take it anywhere I want.

Also looking to fly in on a Friday night, and start the drive back sat (Colorado Springs to San Diego), how are the road conditions? Any decent local hotel to spend a few hours friday night?

Appreciate any help you guys can provide.

-Ryan
[email protected]

I can check out the car for you. If it looks good by me, then spend the extra money for the PPI. I am life member of the BMWCCA and used to race an M3, so I know BMW’s pretty well. I also race with Tim Roghair who is the service manager at Winslow. Call me; I’ll email the phone number.

Bob Butler

Thanks Bob. It was a pleasure talking to you, and I appreciate the help. Maybe I can offer mine, if you find the 996 TT you are looking for :)

Hope you made it back okay. I went to Springs today and roads sucked!!!! I-25 was awful from blowing snow from Trinidad to Pueblo. Lots of wrecked cars. Was driving SUV, so I was fine. Enjoy your BMW!!! Don't know which way you were going back, just letting you know (probably too late) that I-25 was not good late this afternoon.

Back