• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Didn't Acura offer NSX Type S owners the opportunity to buy an Integra Type S?

at that msrp, I don't think integra type s will be a waitlist item, probably gonna see them sitting on showroom floors.

I don't...

Have you seen what's going on with Civic Type R's? They're flying off the lots with $5000 to $15000 "market adjustments". Which means that they're selling well above the Integra Type S's msrp. Plus, the regular Integra is outselling the RDX. So I really don't see them sitting on showroom floors; quite the opposite.

Honda's type R lineup is way different then acura type S, although they share the same engine, but the type R badge has a huge cult following compared to acura type S, or anything else for that matter.

I remember when the Lexus LX was only a couple grand more than the Land Cruiser. Then the prices flipped in the used market. Badges mean a lot.

Honda's type R lineup is way different then acura type S, although they share the same engine, but the type R badge has a huge cult following compared to acura type S, or anything else for that matter.
It's basically the same car. I guess we can return to this post in a few months to see what happened in the market. Type S is Type R for Acura. As in the NSX Type S.

I thought someone posted a link here on Prime but I cannot seem to find it.

Acura offered Gotham Gray NSX owners an opportunity to purchase a TLX Type S in matching Gotham Gray. That might be what you are referring to.

Plus, the regular Integra is outselling the RDX. So I really don't see them sitting on showroom floors; quite the opposite.
It is out selling the RDX which is good but not surprising. While SUV's are more popular than sedans now the RDX is $10K more than an Integra. Also sales don't necessarily tell the whole story. There is no shortage of Integra's at dealers right now. They are selling for below MSRP. If you are looking for a Honda Civic on the other hand good luck.

Back