• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in Australia

Seems a bit odd that they would be showing off a 2 year old concept and claim it is "officially unveiled by Jensen Button" and the car kept under cover prior to the unveiling. I guess the Chicago or Detroit cars were not available, but for such an important event as the return of Honda to F1 you would think they would have had the actual production version flown in.

Not trying to be argumentive, but there are essential differences between the car that was at Chicago and the car at Geneva. The Chicago car doesn't have a keylock in the driver's door, has a different exhaust, and fewer air intakes, plus I believe it has an unfinished interior while the Detroit car is identical to the one at Geneva except for having Honda badging replacing the Acura badging. So I would suggest that the car at Geneva is the Detroit car, not the Chicago car.

Some shots of the car on Friday, looked great but no one on the stand from Honda. The F1 major sponsor was Merc who had a pretty good day out on Sunday in the race. All their local TV ads where for the S class Coupe and the AMG GT, both Halo cars, would only sell a handful in Australia but they are selling boat loads of C class etc.

Suppose Honda has the same marketing strategy.

photo_5_4.JPG

photo_6_4.JPG

Back