• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

Dropped the two-tone supercar up to have it's go-fast goodies swapped onto the new arrival. Attracted all sorts of attention at the dealer - was like my own little NSX mini-meet. My daughter had the most fun - loves car dealerships and cars (and at 16 months will play Gran Turismo 4 for an hour).

Should pick it up later this week, baby it for a while to get the breakin miles on it, then it's off to Vince's Auto Body Works for a makeover.

Zoe debating on which color she likes better:
new1.jpg

Showing everyone how it's done...
new2.jpg

New car, meet old car...
new3.jpg

Another faceoff...
new4.jpg

My little model posing...
new5.jpg

My salesman and I discussing what's getting done to it...
new6.jpg

PDI only - no wash, no wax... that's all my job...
new7.jpg

Let the fun begin!

Ryan

That is GORGEOUS - I love the new car!

What happened to the lip spoiler?

It's wrapped in plastic inside the car - they're shipped with it off so it doesn't get scraped during unloading and loading. Car will get PDI'd tomorrow, then they start swapping the SC, headers and exhaust.

Ryan

Was wrecked by the dealer when they were doing an oil change and two new back tires. No suspension or structural damage, just cosmetic (new quarter panel, new front bumper, repaint the side and bumper). I didn't want to get stuck with the depreciation on the car, so we agreed to get a new one, have another year of payments and they'd take the '04 off our hands.

Long thread detailing it here: OMG - Dealer Wrecked My '04

Ryan

After a couple Hair raising testdrives in the rain in customers cars, I decided that there was no good reason to testdrive in the rain, and I also never take my car out in the rain,,,,,I have seen threads on here where people say that thier car does great in the wet, ..Mine does not, and if I had a CTSC my car would be all over :eek: ...Nice to see you got a suitable replacement :wink:

rjp said:
Ryan,

where are you in DE? Is that the dealership on 13 in Dover?

I'm in Lewes. That is the dealer just south of Dover on Rt.13, Price Acura.

Ryan

congrats!
U got the type R honda badges ??
2 02's together sometimes makes u forget that the NSX is 15 years old and they're stopping production :(

Looking good. can't wait to see the final results.

Hope you have better luck this time around.

Here's my final parts list:

NSX-R NA2 OEM Wheels
NSX-R OEM Engine Cover
NSX-R OEM F/R "H" Badges
NSX-R Engine Cover Plate
NSX-R Door Emblems
NSX-R Door Sill Inserts
NSX-R Side Marker Lights
NSX-R Shift Boot
NSX-R Titanium Shift Knob
NSX-R Front Chasis Bars
Dali/RB EDP Coated Slotted Rotors
NSX-R Coolant Tank Cover
VST Satin Black Brake Paint
Project Mu Brake Pads
Stainless Steel Braided Lines
STATUS Carbon Kevlar Red Interior Seats
NSX-R Power Seat Rails
Procar NSX-R v2.1 Hood
NSX-R OEM Hood Screen
NSX-R OEM Steering Wheel
NSX-R Momo Steering Hub
NSX-R OEM Suspension (USED)
NSX-R Front Anti-Sway Bar
Front Carpet (OEM New Pure Red)
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
NSX-R OEM Rear Diffuser
NSX-R Front Underbody Panels
OEM Black Lugnuts
NSX-R Rear Spoiler (Procar/Replica)
NSX-R Brace Adapter Kit
Comptech Sport Headers (97+)
Odyssey 680 Lightweight Battery
Odyssey Battery Mount Kit (Aluminum)
Comptech 6PSI Supercharger Kit
Competch CAI

Ryan

Last edited:
Fantastic List. I cannot wait to see it all done. My only change would be the taitec GTLW. It's no secret I can't stand that thing.

I had the Comptech on my 2004 and switched it out - partially for weight savings, partially because I wanted something a little louder but mostly to properly clear the NSX-R diffuser.

There was a noticable increase in performance with the GTLW. While I agree there's a drone at highway speeds, it doesn't bother me. If I want a smooth, quiet ride with no noise, I'll take the Rover out. ;)

Ryan

Too funny... I just got a call from the dealer. They've dropped the price on the new one by another $4000 dollars.

BUT... they're discussing the deal this AM, and someone from NY evidently called about buying the GPW they saw listed on acura.com. The caller then says "Wait - you're in Delaware, that's Ryan's car - sorry!"

Whoever the caller was, thanks - it's notoriety like that call that I think pushed them in the proper direction with taking care of this whole mess without much more than a few discussions.

Ryan

HAHA, nice!

Want me to call 'em and see if I can get another $4k off for ya? We can split it, I need some new toys anyways.
:biggrin:

Yes Ryan good I just realized the Factory is giving all dealers 5k to 7.5k back on all remaining 05 cars to offset loss of Lease deal. Could not be happier for you. You went through a lot with the Dealer but you will come out way ahead..cudos
BTW is the guy who wrecked your 04 still employed there?

Unfortunately, the tech was let go. I always said he's a great guy who just made a really, really stupid mistake. I'd honestly prefer that he be the one to swap the supercharger, but then I'd lose the piece of mind of having the dealer honor the warranty on their work.

Ryan

Wow, most impressive project Ryan. Im jealous.

Im curious, could you tell me how much you ended up paying for the suspension, carpet, underbody panels, diffuser, engine covers? And where did you get those from ?

Ive always wanted to get the Type R red seats, but holy cow are they expensive !

Modernceo said:
Wow, most impressive project Ryan. Im jealous.

Im curious, could you tell me how much you ended up paying for the suspension, carpet, underbody panels, diffuser, engine covers? And where did you get those from ?

Ive always wanted to get the Type R red seats, but holy cow are they expensive !

Market price for most pieces - same as anyone could get from Dali or SOS. I couldn't justify the seats ($7k each, new), so I went with the power rails and a set of Carbon Kevlar STATUS Racing seats finished in red alcantra with no logo on them.

monza_3q_large.gif

Great price, well built seat...

Ryan

Wow, your new NSX looks sweet. That parts list is simply crazy! Your car will be awesome when it is done. Your daughter is cute, I remember when my son was that little, it is unreal how fast they change. My son is about a year older and I swear he can drive a 5spd better then me already. :biggrin:

RyanITV said:
Too funny... I just got a call from the dealer. They've dropped the price on the new one by another $4000 dollars.

BUT... they're discussing the deal this AM, and someone from NY evidently called about buying the GPW they saw listed on acura.com. The caller then says "Wait - you're in Delaware, that's Ryan's car - sorry!"

Whoever the caller was, thanks - it's notoriety like that call that I think pushed them in the proper direction with taking care of this whole mess without much more than a few discussions.

Ryan

all Im saying is when I called last week, I didnt realize it was the same dealer and when I spoke to the GM today... I then put 2 and two together, :biggrin:

Back