• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phone call from purportedly an IRS agent!? Please advice ...

Well clearly you can't. Had you actually bothered to read my post, you'd notice it contains the memes from both of the wacko extremes of the current US spectrum.
So chill, buddy. I'm not coming to take away your guns.:wink:

No, no, my response was to nsxtasy's comment where he thought I was being hypocritical. I got your joke. I get jokes.

Last edited:
Someone my parents know almost fell for this a few days ago and actually went to the bank to wire money. The teller was actually smart enough to tell him it was a scam and he didn't go through with it. Pretty scary, but at least my parents knew it was a scam when he told them about the call.

Someone my parents know almost fell for this a few days ago and actually went to the bank to wire money. The teller was actually smart enough to tell him it was a scam and he didn't go through with it. Pretty scary, but at least my parents knew it was a scam when he told them about the call.
Good job.

They should give an "attaboy" by letting the bank manager know that his/her teller saved them a lot of money.

They just had a replay of the scam call on CBS 5 O'clock news. Appears that the scammers are sending people to Walmart to send money orders. They're trying to get the Walmart employees to warn the people that this is a scam. Same voice on the replay (Steve Martin) that called me. Funny thing is, it's now a few weeks later, and I haven't been hauled in by the "magistrate"!!!

Back