• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

Congrats to Nico...Lewis tried to control the race as best he could...hate to see two racer gentleman leaving

Congrats to Nico...Lewis tried to control the race as best he could...hate to see two racer gentleman leaving

Yes indeed, both gave us some good racing in their long careers. A special shout out for Jenson. I was in Montreal in 2011 when he joined the end of the line behind the 4th or 5th safety car, a penalty stop and two minor accidents. He proceeded to overtake the whole field in the last third of a wet threatcherous race, overtaking everyone including Schumaker and pressuring Vettel into a mistake before winning the race. He had some brilliant moments in his career (Also an NSX owner).

agree, everyone is praising the maxi wet drive at interlagos this year , but I think that canada race was a more noteworthy victory for JB....And Massa has some real brass ones for coming back to F1 after getting a 140 mph spring into his skull!!!!!

Massa is a true racer, and a Ferrari team man. He could have won after his crash, followed team orders and let Alonso by; also the best challenge the year against Hamilton, driving like a world champion all season long only to lose out. A nice guy as well.

Rosberg has retired!

wtf...I thought you were pranking....but no :eek:.... who will replace him.......Max?

Lewis whined about his mechanical issues quite a bit this year, and then chose to ignore team orders in Abu Dhabi. His choice for a new teammate might not be the prime consideration for Mercedes.

well , its clear that the most difficult hurdle competing at the very top of motorsport , is the love of family, and the risk ...

Lewis whined about his mechanical issues quite a bit this year, and then chose to ignore team orders in Abu Dhabi. His choice for a new teammate might not be the prime consideration for Mercedes.

Shocked but respect the guy and his decision. Took some guts!
It is a well known fact in F1 circles that Mercedes has always preferred that the team have at least one German driver. If it still stands, I think the other Nico, the very skilled Hulkenberg may have a good chance. Oops, just remembered he signed up with Renault, didnt he?

Last edited:
meanwhile, Verstappen says:

attachment.php

exactly lol....

What about Vettel? Unless Ferrari has shown him a super car for next year he might be ready to move.
Lew & Seb... what a powerhouse!

If I were running the team(and needed a German driver) I would pick pick the Hulk over Seb as better fit for Hamo...imho

True, from a team rivalry perspective the Hulk would be the better (and cheaper) fit. But what a force Seb and Lewis would be (remember Prost & Senna)!!!!

meanwhile, Verstappen says:

attachment.php

Lewis and Max in one team would give us the best ever side show since the late 80's!
I dont think Seb would leave F at a low point. I think he dreams of duplicating Schumaker's feat.

I agree, Seb is still very much hoping He can replicate some of his hero's legacy..but he can't do it alone..Mauricio is no Braun....

Last edited:
Yes... did not see NIco's retirement coming at all... I wonder in Ricarrido is in a position to move???
I am a Lewis fan for sure... he acts the way I would act if I was... well... ANY of the below!!!

1.a world F1 champ
2.Handsome
3. rich beyond words
4. 31 years old and ht appropriate to weight!!!

where did my life go?? and how did I squander it!!

congrats to NICO for a well fought championship

i hope the Ferrari is stronger next year, and Red Bull keeps closing on Merc. regardless of whomever gets the other Silver Arrows seat, i'll still be bored off my arse if the two German cars are still battling for every win...

Yes but in that supremacy is the hope that another team can crack the code...plus it spurs them all on to know that a car other than theirs can go faster...Imho at the top level such as F1, and say amongst the top 10 drivers, the car is more important than the driver..How it makes the tires work is the key.

Back