• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

Truly fun to watch... Hamilton was still the class of the race. My thoughts are with the Williams family.
H-

Just announced on formula1.com that Perez is leaving Racing Point. I guess the Vettel to (the new) Aston Martin next year rumors will come true. Doesn’t look good for Checo, by he does bring a good bit of money, and is a better than average driver. Maybe to Alfa?

Tough spot when your teammate's dad owns the "team"...I think both Strolls are enamored with the 4 time WC..

Not sure why Perez is behind Stroll this year. Normally the pay-driver is slower. He should have some good options for 2021.

any bets on where Gasly ends up?

Dr. Marko said they need a strong leader at Alpha Tauri. I guess they let him ripe there and won't let him burn out at RB a second time. Only Verstappen seems to be able to drive their car pretty fast. The car is average at best, see Albon.

I don''t know what to think of todays race.Sorry for Max and stupid mistake from Piere .It is funny to hear when team engineer of Bottas encourage him to catch Lewis.
And at the end Lewis show all potential.Also it was very strange to see F1 cars on narrow track.

Nice to see Albon on the podium. He pretty much ran pass Daniel. The track is a motoGP track and sure is located in a real nice part of Italy. Lewis now one win away from Shummy and will reach #7 this year. He knows how to race a great car.

Pretty bad move of Bottas after the restart.
Gasly was more or less only the middle part of a sandwich.

Pretty bad move of Bottas after the restart.
Gasly was more or less only the middle part of a sandwich.

He is leading the field to a rolling restart. Something most F1 guys are not very familiar with. Maybe he watched some silver crown sprint cars and tried to do it that style.

I like the track, it is nice, and despite being narrow, there seemed to be a fair bit of passing with the DRS on the main straight. Certainly as much as any other f1 track.

I liked Kimi asking why he was penalized, and his engineer telling him a second time it was a five second penalty!

lots of carnage.....and some lemming action after SC....holy smoke flat out approaching 6 g's in the "spicy" section..

Last edited:
He is leading the field to a rolling restart. Something most F1 guys are not very familiar with. Maybe he watched some silver crown sprint cars and tried to do it that style.

As the commentators mentioned, Bottas can bring the field down to the green any way he desires. But I think the FIA needs to revisit rolling start procedures. The problem in this case is that drivers at the rear can see when the green light comes on, but cannot see how quickly the leader is going.

As the commentators mentioned, Bottas can bring the field down to the green any way he desires. But I think the FIA needs to revisit rolling start procedures. The problem in this case is that drivers at the rear can see when the green light comes on, but cannot see how quickly the leader is going.

Yes. Rolling starts are not as straightforward as they seem.

some good racing at the back.....Odd that the team would let Hamo do a racing start in no mans land....also loved the puss on guenther after Romans romin....

Last edited:
Back