• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you do for a living? (just networking)

Cybersecurity. I started working eCrime issues first (credit card fraud, money laundering, virtual currency shit, etc.) but now specialize in corporate and nation-state activity.

Y'all have some exciting careers!

I'm a 12v install technician at BestBuy, MECP Master cert. AKA 'the stereo guy'. Although in WI it'd be a better description to have 'the remote start guy'. Or since it's a customer facing position.. 'the guy who gets yelled at when things are to expensive'?? :wink:

Last edited:
Software Engineer for a small company doing mobile payment, fleet management, and regulatory compliance systems for the taxi & limousine industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Software developer, no degree. Learned the hard way.
Me too, skafia. Went to Drexel U for Chem. Eng. but ended up going the night school route for financial reasons and my day job introduced me to microcomputers in '79. Taught myself to program and never looked back.

I just left my current supervisor position to go back into grocery store refrigeration. I took quite a pay raise and ditched the supervisor bullshit behind. It's way over rated....
Now I will be just a technician again and not a boss for more pay. Win/win....

Just picked up a sweet high mileage 1993 NSX that was featured on Jalopnik last week.

During the day, I am an Army Officer (Field Artillery) working at Schofield Barracks, HI. I have worked with rockets/missles, counterfire radar, and now with a composite 105mm/155mm cannon battalion. Currently the S4 (Supply/Logisitics/Sustainment) Officer out here.

Just picked up a sweet high mileage 1993 NSX that was featured on Jalopnik last week.

During the day, I am an Army Officer (Field Artillery) working at Schofield Barracks, HI. I have worked with rockets/missles, counterfire radar, and now with a composite 105mm/155mm cannon battalion. Currently the S4 (Supply/Logisitics/Sustainment) Officer out here.

Ah good, I was wondering whether or not that car was a scam or just badly misadvertised. If it all checked out, that car was a great deal and I'm glad you picked it up. We should have an Oahu NSX meetup in the next month or two.

Ah good, I was wondering whether or not that car was a scam or just badly misadvertised. If it all checked out, that car was a great deal and I'm glad you picked it up. We should have an Oahu NSX meetup in the next month or two.

The car definitely wasn't a scam. Seller was a really straight up guy that was looking to send him and his family on a couple cultural immersion trips to Japan and this was the only way he could make that dream come true. At $18.5k, even if it was in worse shape it was worth it if the body was solid lol.

I looked at the car last Saturday, loved it and drove back up to a favorite place to eat in Wahiawa. At the stop light I think I saw your car heading up towards the North Shore and figured small world that the day I went to look at an NSX I would see one of the few others here on island.

I'm down for a meet though, would love to meet the other enthusiast on the island and to pick some brains on the car scene here.

I design custom homes, do remodel/addition plans, provide Title 24 compliance, last 28 years or so. Also I drive school buses part time for benefits, lol, lol

I'm a retired Air Force officer who is now a contractor providing space systems engineering services to the Space Force and other government programs. Oh, and I'm also a former Disney Imagineer and at least pre-COVID, a part-time professional DJ.

great bump.

Back