• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I drive my NSX....work or play...rain or shine...dry or FLOOD!!!

Okay, so yesterday I got tired of waiting for my new exhaust to arrive from another NSX Prime member so I put my stock unit back on (grrrrrr) and took the car out for a drive. It had been sitting for far too long and it was time to add some more miles. ;)

Anyway, by now everyone here knows that I am one of those guys that drives their NSX no matter what. After a nice day of cruising around and blasting down some back roads it started to look gloomy out....then dark....and darker....then, BLAM!!! A storm the size of Noah's Ark brought torrential rains through my fair Indiana town and drenched us!! When I mean drenched, I mean DRENCHED!! There were animals going two by two headed for higher ground and looking for the ark. There was so much rain that during my drive I happened upon a flooded road...several actually. The rain suddenly stopped and I though, 'Ohhhhhh...cool picture opportunity,' and I slowly waded into the water with my trusty X-mobile and snapped off some cool pictures. I know, I know...some of you garage queen owners are having a heart attack right now, but have no fear...I am not so stupid that I submerged anything, just waded out for some pics. A little water never hurt anyone, right? ;)

Well, by today most of the water had subsided and normalcy resumed. I went it to work and found out I needed to head to Indianapolis for the week. My boss offered to give me a car to make the trip but I said, 'Naaa.....thanks anyway. But if it is all the same to you I will drive my car,' which caused my boss to chuckle. 'You have got to be one of the quirkiest guys I know,' he said, evidently surprised that I wanted to drive my own car out of town on business. Oh well...it makes sense to me. :)

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from the flood. Please excuse my pajama pants....I drive around in them sometimes. ;)

....the pics are too big...anyone know how to downsize them?? :(

Don't feel like you're alone, I also drive in the downpours. The only thing I worry about is the 'other guy' not seeing me with the decreased visibility. Not much of a problem being a former motorcycle rider, I just imaging noone can see me anyway.

However, unlike you I DO NOT do doughnuts in the mud!;) :D

hlweyl said:
Don't feel like you're alone, I also drive in the downpours. The only thing I worry about is the 'other guy' not seeing me with the decreased visibility. Not much of a problem being a former motorcycle rider, I just imaging noone can see me anyway.

However, unlike you I DO NOT do doughnuts in the mud!;) :D

Donuts?? Me??? Where?? Hahahaha!! :D

I'm no computer wizard, but I downsize with an easy way

I used the Paint program to downsize my picture, it seems fine and will work on Prime!

eager to see your Submarine X !! :)

let's see if this works! :)

Attachments

• swimming.jpg
    swimming.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,545
Nice! I use mine as a daily too...although rain is a rarity here in Cali., it does rain everynow and then and I drive it too....

I mean it did come with windshield wipers right? I don't see what the big deal is that people have with rain...

Regarding the floods, well as long as it doesn't suck in any water it will be fine..No different than someone detailing the motor, right?:D

JPS Europa said:
I want to see one where you and the engine need a roof snorkel to breathe!

LOL!! That may be a little too deep, even for me. I think my NSX would be really mad at me for that. ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
....the pics are too big...anyone know how to downsize them?? :(
Lud already mentioned one method, and NetViper mentioned a software trial. Paint loses a lot of resolution (gets fuzzy) when resizing an image, in my experience, and I consider its results unsatisfactory for that reason.

I asked for recommendations for inexpensive photo editing software in this previous topic. As a result of recommendations there (thanks, Bob!), I have been happily using Photoshop Elements ever since. I think they sell new copies at Sam's Club for around $50. I bought a used copy on eBay for around $15.

You can find information about another image re-sizing tool here. I think it's free. I haven't tried it myself though.

I like Irfanview to resize/resample/crop pictures. It's fast and free. download it at www.irfanview.com

btw.. way to go Meeyatch1. I wish to be more like you and use my NSX. I'm sure you're enjoying it more than many of us. And, that really is what it's about. Ever try hillclimbs? :) enjoy!

mikec said:
...btw.. way to go Meeyatch1. I wish to be more like you and use my NSX. I'm sure you're enjoying it more than many of us. And, that really is what it's about. Ever try hillclimbs? :) enjoy!

Thanks!! I have not tried a hillclimb...YET!! But maybe I will give it a shot. Who knows what else I may do.... ;)

Re: Flooding

saxonsaxon said:
Why stop there, I am sure there is a beach, a swamp , some third rate roads with gravel and dust. This is as smart as somebody making a Hummer into a sports car. I can only hope that in the future you will be honest and disclose all this to future buyers.
You left out "winter beater" .. but that's already been done :))

I agree .. way to go Meeyatch1 .. it's way past time that people started enjoying their cars more.

Cool Pic! If that was my NSX in there I think 1/4 of my car might be submerged.

How did you take the picture, did you stop, get out (shoes get soaked), walk to the front side and snap away? I'd rather stay in the car and be dry but better you than me :D

JPS Europa said:
How were the mosquitos after that flood?

They were not too bad...lots of them around now, but not the worst I have seen.

Here is another picture.... :)

Attachments

• nsx in flood rf corner.jpg
    nsx in flood rf corner.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,008
Back