• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5796730062.html

Wow...whose prestine NSX is this for sale in Plymouth?? Also check out that collection!

That's Jim Spencer! He had several cars from his collection at the Copper Canyon car show back in 2012.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

BTW...tomorrow is the last show of the year at Baker's of Milford. I might go, so I hope to see some of you there!

Chris

Drove the red NSX to the Waterford Hills OTD yesterday, and just happened to park next to a couple of Brazilians.......they were big time NSX (and of course Senna) fans ;^D

We let them drive it during a no-risk lunchtime touring session, which they quite enjoyed!

I enjoyed all the updates and photos!

Have been "off the grid" for some time - Michigan's Upper Peninsula can do that :biggrin:

I am looking at Sunday, October 23rd, for a gathering - if a drive opportunity that day pops up (weather-wise), even better. Any other events that would make that date a no go?

Toledo Cars-N-Coffee Sunday, October 9th. Maybe make a run there again...

I am going to be out for the Gingerman HPDE on the 22nd, and so as long as the car comes back home safe, I will be there for the 23rd!

October 23rd, Sunday, 2016 update: I am still working this date so please continue to hold it as "open."

If weather is rotten we will likely try to establish a daily-driver meet up/breakfast/social, and/or maybe some light later-afternoon groceries such as dogs/burgers/salmon-burgers/family-friendly crockpots/whatever.

+++++++++++++

Ravi.............................. it's Gingerman - please bring it home in ONE piece! I love that track.

October 23rd, Sunday, 2016 update: I am still working this date so please continue to hold it as "open."

If weather is rotten we will likely try to establish a daily-driver meet up/breakfast/social, and/or maybe some light later-afternoon groceries such as dogs/burgers/salmon-burgers/family-friendly crockpots/whatever.

+++++++++++++

Ravi.............................. it's Gingerman - please bring it home in ONE piece! I love that track.

Thanks, It is a great and a safe track for sure. Gingerman is the only track I can take the NSX with confidence over my other HPDE car. Just trying to be a little careful since last year after a freak oil spill (before they put up the yellows flags) spun me braking straight over the patch of oil. I need run-off room for freak events like that haha!

Last edited:
Some last minute planning, but meeting US-23 at Plymouth Road (NE side of Ann Arbor, exit 46, Park and Ride Lot) with John McIver (P-911 Carrera 4S) at 8 am tomorrow (Sunday) morning/departing 8:15 A.M. for Toledo Cars and Coffee!

"Car weekend"

Had a "car" weekend :biggrin:

Saturday morning found us joining the Ann Arbor (MI) area's "Points and Condenser Preservation Society" group's Fall Drive event. It began early at the Mini of Ann Arbor dealership:

2016-10-8 PCPS 7 2008 S2000 w LBBP and Evora.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 4 LBBP w 2011 Evora.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 2 Mini Dlr A2 parked out front.JPG

Was nice to see PJR300 and Bob_54 there. A 65 mile drive through Washtenaw, Livingston, and into Wayne County (the length of Hines Park Drive) took the group to Dearborn's Automotive Hall of Fame. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_Hall_of_Fame

Took a few photos there as we had a delicious catered luncheon:

2016-10-8 PCPS 16 1968 S800 RSC interior view.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 18 S Honda Atrium plaque.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 10 1989 Honda inducted into AHOF.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 13 68 Honda S800 RSC race car.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 12 Placard for 1968 Honda S800 RSC race car.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 14 68 S800 RSC badging.JPG2016-10-8 PCPS 17 S800 RSC nose view.JPG

1968 Honda S800 RSC race car.

Sunday morning Johnny MacI and I hit Toledo (OH) Cars and Coffee. Weather was super and it was a great turnout.

2016-10-9 3 Toledo CNC F355 and F430.JPG2016-10-9 5 Toledo CNC 2016 GT4 + F FF.JPG2016-10-9 6 Toledo CNC F Type and Ford GT.JPG2016-10-9 7 Toledo CNC Ferrari FF V-12 engine.JPG2016-10-9 2 Toledo CNC new white GT3.JPG

Last edited:
Anything going on today (16th)? Supposed to be 72 today and 58 next Sunday.

Anything going on today (16th)? Supposed to be 72 today and 58 next Sunday.

Bob I know that three local NSXers are up at Waterford Hills Road Race Course for the last "Open Track Day" of this season.
Weather today is not so good :frown:

Bob I know that three local NSXers are up at Waterford Hills Road Race Course for the last "Open Track Day" of this season.
Weather today is not so good :frown:

While it rained pretty hard on the drive there, it stopped fairly early on and held off for the rest of the day.....so another sold-out OTD on a dry track!

This SUNDAY, October 23rd, updated.

We were looking at a location - fellow Honda car and cycle collection guy's estate - it fell through for this fall and we will re-try next season.

We will meet in the South Lyon, MI, area Sunday for a 9:45 A.M. breakfast - a Leo's Coney or something - and then take a drive if weather permits!

All NSX's and sports cars welcome. Weather looks permitting Sunday as of today... :smile:

Updates will follow so keep an eye on this thread.

Yes, the weather looks promising for Sunday, and local Fall tree colors should be near peak as well !

OK folks, those local to the Plymouth area and can join us at our regular 5-7pm CJ's meet tonight......there will be a bonus!

One of our regulars (Jim) had his birthday last weekend, so we're bringing chocolate cake.

C'mon out and save room for a piece, and we can talk more about Sunday's little Fall Color Tour ;^D

Brian

Back