• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hey Rob,
I believe we met at the Acura/Honda get-together in Okemos back in May.
Sorry I missed your previous message about attending NSXPO a few months back, just saw the reply.
My oldest son and I are planning on attending, heading out Wednesday afternoon/evening and stopping in Ohio before hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way down to Atlanta on Thursday (details to be ironed out....eventually!). Let me know know when you may be heading down, would love to tag along if your on a similar timeline!
Brent-

Hey, I've been there before!
The owner had a Ferrari go-kart FS, so I went over to see if might be a worthy addition to our Porsche kart.
I didn't end up buying the kart, but the fellow was super cool and very much a 'car guy' :cool:

Hey Rob,
I believe we met at the Acura/Honda get-together in Okemos back in May.
Sorry I missed your previous message about attending NSXPO a few months back, just saw the reply.
My oldest son and I are planning on attending, heading out Wednesday afternoon/evening and stopping in Ohio before hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way down to Atlanta on Thursday (details to be ironed out....eventually!). Let me know know when you may be heading down, would love to tag along if your on a similar timeline!
Brent-
I haven't made specific plans yet but I'm thinking I'd probably leave Tuesday morning. I know there are some posts in the facebook group about people meeting at the Tail of the Dragon noonish on Wednesday, do some fun driving then head to Atlanta. To do that I'd probably have to leave Tuesday. It's about 10 hours from my house to Fontana Village and I know that for sure because I just made the trip home from there on Sunday. I would like to watch the track day which means we'd have to get into Atlanta wednesday ninght.

I haven't made specific plans yet but I'm thinking I'd probably leave Tuesday morning. I know there are some posts in the facebook group about people meeting at the Tail of the Dragon noonish on Wednesday, do some fun driving then head to Atlanta. To do that I'd probably have to leave Tuesday. It's about 10 hours from my house to Fontana Village and I know that for sure because I just made the trip home from there on Sunday. I would like to watch the track day which means we'd have to get into Atlanta wednesday ninght.
Gotcha. I won't be able to head out until Wednesday afternoon due to my work schedule, but I'm looking forward to meeting folks down in Atlanta. Should be fun event-
Brent

OK Primates, who is up for hitting the M1 Concourse C&C when the featured vehicles are JDM & Asian Brands on Saturday, October 7th?

I plan on taking the Acty microvan there VIA backroads, so as to avoid freeways.

1cxj7l.jpg

Unfortunately, my two JDMs are out of commision right now and we are out of town, but looking forward to some pics!
Was just out at M1 yesterday for the Porsche Experience day. Very fun ripping some 911s, Macans, Cayennes and Taycans around the track-which was my first time actually on the track there.

Sounds fun but I will be out of town tomorrow, this has been a very busy summer.

WOW, even on a cool and windy morning there were LOTS of Asian/JDM cars at the M1 Cars & Coffee today!
I really couldn't get far enough away to nab a photo of everything, there were that many cars present.
Surprisingly to me at least, we brought the only Kei van and only toward the end did a Kei truck briefly drive through the event.
I talked to 2 NSX owners, the gentleman with the green one that everyone knows...and a fellow named Jeff with a black 1991 sporting a cool license plate.
IMG_6456.JPGIMG_6455.JPGIMG_6459.JPGIMG_6457.JPG

I was sorry to have missed JDM Day at M1, looks like a great showing!
My oldest son and I had a great time attending our first NSXPO in Atlanta, enjoyed some great driving roads during the trip. It was great to connect with Bob and his wife at the banquet as well. A few pictures from the adventure....118 NSX's attended the event. Next year's shindig will be in Texas. :unsure:
NGvx5XoBShy7wEX+ny0kuQ.jpgJaqrd89eQAa7GBS9WxRxBg.jpgIMG_8764.JPGIUuQ+a%7Ty2OFWOhJv5xIg.jpgY00jdVAaQmelUGPD+szRQg.jpg5e+Mf84sTVmqGSOF93g7JA.jpgJ2BvaCmLQniarmPpKNeekw.jpg

Well we're coming up on Spring, and M1 has already started their 2024 Cars & Coffee events.
The 1st one featured Ford, Mercury and Lincoln cars...and was very well attended.
The 2nd one will feature Asian/JDM vehicles, and will be held on Saturday May 4th from 8-11am;
That's the same day as Waterford Hills' race season opener, but we still might be able to make it...

Anyone else???

Well we're coming up on Spring, and M1 has already started their 2024 Cars & Coffee events.
The 1st one featured Ford, Mercury and Lincoln cars...and was very well attended.
The 2nd one will feature Asian/JDM vehicles, and will be held on Saturday May 4th from 8-11am;
That's the same day as Waterford Hills' race season opener, but we still might be able to make it...

Anyone else???
I'm planning on attending......Just need to decide what to bring!

It looks like we'll probably take the purple boostmonster to the M1 JDM C&C, then head to Waterford Hills afterwards for the Saturday afternoon of the Race 1 Weekend.

Who else would like to join us in that 2-fer?

Attachments

• Judi LoveFab NSX.jpg
    Judi LoveFab NSX.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
Back