• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grand Prix White Registry

I am quite fond of my Grand Prix White NSX, and enjoy its rarity. What I would like to do is start to get a list going of the Grand Prix White Family and see where all of these beauties are, have been, and their current status. So if you have one now, or have owned one in the past, please contribute so that we can hear your cars story. Here is what I am looking for:

Model Year:

Color Combination: (White/Onyx), (White/Tan), (White/White)

Transmission:

Mileage:

Production Date: (Found on your VIN tag in the drivers door pillar.)

VIN#: (Helps determine production order and options.)

Time owned: (How long have you had your car?)

Current lives in: (Only city and state.)

Misc: (Any details about mods, a cool story about your car, etc.)

I think should be a fun way to see where all of our beauties are now, and where they have been. I will keep it organized by year, and keep in chronological order based on production date and VIN #. Thank you very much. This should be fun. :) :redface:

If there is any information that you would like for me to keep private, just send that to me in a PM for the registry, and I will block out that section on the public post.

1992:

JH4NA1159NT001090 (CA)

1993:

1994:

JH4NA1156RT000161 (TN)
JH4NA1156RT000176 (IN)

1996:

TT000066 (TX)

1997:

VT000249 (CA)

1998:

1999:

2000:

2001:

2002:

2003:

2004:

2005:

JHNA21615S000150 (WA)

This should be really fun to see where all of the Grand Prix White brothers are! This thread actually led me to find another NSX Prime member with a low mileage one that is 10 minutes from my house! :)

Last edited:
Model Year: 1994

Transmission: 5-speed manual

Mileage: 133,700 miles

Production Date: 12/93

VIN#: JH4NA1156RT000176

Time owned: 5 years

Currently lives in: Fishers, Indiana

Misc: I bought this car without seeing it. I was at work frustrated with an Evo VIII that I had, and a friend told me I should buy another NSX. I already had a Berlina Black. :) He said he saw a sweet white one on the Internet outside of Chicago and we checked out the link. 5 minutes later I called the dealership and haggled with them about the deal and bought the car sight unseen. I loved it so much when I finally saw it that I was almost bouncing around the parking lot. A year later I found out that the car had belonged to someone I met at an NSX event several years prior to that who sold it soon after, and the next owner almost never drove it, until it ended up at the dealership I bought it from. I have no intention of ever getting rid of my baby, and drive her all year long. She has a Taitec JGTC parallel Exit exhaust, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit prings, Comptech Sport sway bars, and some other small dress-up items. This is the best car I have ever owned, and I think my Berlina Black gets jealous when I grab the keys to the Grand Prix White. ;) :D

NSX_snowplow_Feb_21_2008.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38702&d=1197764239
Model Year: 1997

Transmission: 6-speed manual

Mileage: 16,000

Production Date:

VIN#: RT000249

I wanted a NA2 white with onyx (black nsx) I had to search hi and low to find a perfect original example as less then 7 (white / black) were built each na2 year 97-05 with some years having zero. once i had the car, i had to make it into the nsx of my dreams.

Attachments

• tnIMG_0915[1].jpg
    tnIMG_0915[1].jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
I purchased my 1992 acura nsx gpw model from my boss. He purchased it from a customer of ours, and it needed a little tlc. He drove it once, and then asked me if I was interested. Needless to say I drove it home a day or so later. It was purchased with 92432 miles on it, and I have put around 4500 miles on it in a year or so. In truth, I never thought about a nsx, and never sat in one until I test drove ours. I was very impressed, and actually loved the overall feel, performance, and materials used in the making of the vehicle.

1992 model
White/Black
Transmission: 5 speed
Date 04/92
Ownership: December 06
Vin JH4NA1151NT001228
London, Kentucky (Next to First Kentucky Fried Chicken) lol

Tein coilovers, Type R shift boot and plate, 8k hid kit, shark antenna, cf a pillars, 1997 model gun metal wheels, exedy cf clutch. Pioneer avic-d1, JL Audio System.

Would love to do a 02 front end conversion.

Last edited:
Year:2005
Color Combo: GP White - Interior:White/ Black (Color Code K)
Transmission: 6 speed
Mileage: 9021 (3/6/08)
Production date: 05/05
Vin:JHNA21615S000150
Time Owned: Purchased new 10/05
Lives: Washington State
Mods: Bilsteins on lower perch

8860NSX_5.jpg

05_NSX_3:30:08.jpg

Interior_05_white:black.jpg

Last edited:
Year:1996
Mileage: 70k
Production date: 07/95
Vin: TT000066
Time Owned: Purchased in 2004
Lives: Austin, TX
Story: Owned my Red 92 for 5 years and always wanted a T. So started my search and once I found a few good ones I sold my car. Found this one in NC. Had 2 fellow nsxprime members check the car out and had the PPI done by the local Acura dealer who has done all the service. Flew up and drove it home. It only had 40k on it at the time.
Mods: 02 rear end, HID's, alum instrument rings, ace spyder wheels 17/18, custom flowmaster exhaust, z floor mats

nsx360bridge.jpg

92' GPW w/GPW 97' wheels, Comptech Jet Hot coated headers, Comptech exhaust. Cold air intake w/K&N filter. Waiting for funds for Type-R wing.
Near Fishers, In.
Pictures forthcoming as soon as I can get "m34456y" to take them and show me how to post them.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Model Year: 1994
Color Combination: White/Onyx
Transmission: 5 -> 6 speed
Mileage: ~56k
Production #: #161
Production Date: Dec '93
Time owned: I'm the third owner, bought it in April '02

The car's story:
The car's first and second owners were college roomates at the Univ of MS years ago. They remained friends and in sometime in 1994 owner #1, then living in Memphis, picked up his friend/Owner #2 to go look at a used black 91 then for sale in Atlanta. It was apparently a disaster but 'since they were already so close' they decided to go look at a new white one for sale in Jacksonville, FL. They bought it and drove it back. Owner #1 kept the car until sometime around 2000, when he sold it to his road trip buddy who lived in Oxford MS. By 2002, owner #2 had a couple kids in college and and itch for an M3/5.
I had been window shopping for years, and seriously looking for this color/trans/year for a few months. I was getting close to broadening my color options when this popped up on autotrader a couple hours from home. I went to look at it. It was a weekend toy. No paint, no rain, no wrecks, no mods. Some deferred maintenance, AC only on high problem, 38k miles and needed a good cleaning. I bought it and took this picture when we got home.

Mods: My ownership started as 'keep it stock, clean and obsessively maintained'. Over time the obsessively maintained part clashed with the 100% stock part. The first loss was OEM shocks. I mean, who replaces those with new stock shocks? I upgraded the whole suspension to Zanardi/Koni/CT sways and NSX-R bars. Whoa, that was nice. Much better than before. And so, off we went down the slippery slope. Mods have crept in over time and it seems the car is evolving vaguely towards a JDM type S. Current mods include: suspension as mentioned above, H/E, 6spd, NA2 brakes, "Honda" exterior, HIDs, MP3 changer and some other minor stuff. I suppose the current motto is something like 'keep it reversible, clean and obsessively maintained'. The car is recovering from a tape addiction and is having some difficulty deciding what rims it wants at the moment, but looks something like below (current, XPO pics)

Model Year: 1992 with black interior/changed out to leatherseats.com black with suede.

Transmission: 5-speed manual with NSX-R Ring and Pinion and JDM Short Gears.

Mileage: 90K

Production Date:

VIN#: I'll get back to you

Time owned: 3.5 years

Currently lives in: Honolulu, Hawaii

Misc: Bought this from a good friend in San Francisco. Started building it up but never got a chance to finish the build. Sold it to my brother who has it now. Was the first NSX with a leatherseats.com leather package. My seats were used to make the pattern. Looking to get into another NSX soon.

original.jpg

JH4NA1159NT001090 white/black 5-speed
Bought new at Santa Rosa California Acura
Owned from 1993 to 1997
Current owner unknown
All stock except for Smartenna and TSW wheels

NSX_Gary_White1.JPG

You are right. I sold the white 1992 JH4NA1159NT001090
on May 18, 2001 to Chris Saari of San Jose.
He had an accident in it, eventually sold it, but I do
not know where it is now.
-Gary

I purchased my 1992 acura nsx gpw model from my boss. He purchased it from a customer of ours, and it needed a little tlc. He drove it once, and then asked me if I was interested. Needless to say I drove it home a day or so later. It was purchased with 92432 miles on it, and I have put around 4500 miles on it in a year or so. In truth, I never thought about a nsx, and never sat in one until I test drove ours. I was very impressed, and actually loved the overall feel, performance, and materials used in the making of the vehicle.

1992 model
white/black
date
vin
London, Kentucky (Next to First Kentucky Fried Chicken) lol

Tein coilovers, Type R shift boot and plate, 8k hid kit, shark antenna, cf a pillars, 1997 model gun metel wheels, exedy cf clutch.

Would love to do a front end conversion. Was contemplating trading the 92 along with my sti in for a 03 model.

Thanks for the reply! What is the production date and VIN# for yours so that I can add it to the registry?

Year:1996
Mileage: 70k
Production date: 07/95
Vin: TT000066
Time Owned: Purchased in 2004
Lives: Austin, TX

nsx360bridge.jpg

Thanks for the post! I will be in Austin, Texas in about a month and would love to see your car. If you could, please let me know the rest of the VIN# as I am additionally going to track the options and code differences from year to year. Thanks again! :)

Here's mine... vin#JH4NA1150NT000829
Located in Fort Myers, Florida - just turned over 25,000 miles. It's supercharged, AEM EMS, water/methanol injected, 6-speed conversion, 4:55 gears, Comptech headers, Cantrell exhaust, Stacy skirts, type R hood and I just did the '02 rear conversion. The car's roof and door trim/handle had been painted white before I got it.

NSXside.jpg

The interior leather was replaced with perforated seats at 17,000 miles - before I bought the car.

DSC00236.jpg

I've got a spreadsheet with all records of everything done including the original purchase price...and so far there is about $124,000 into this car - not including labor. I know I'll never get anywhere near that back, but the car has become therapy, and how do you put a value on that?
I've attached the.pdf file so you can see all of the mods I did. Everything in italics was completed after purchasing the car.

Attachments

• 1992 NSX Maintenance A.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 73
Here's mine... vin#JH4NA1150NT000829
Located in Fort Myers, Florida - just turned over 25,000 miles. It's supercharged, AEM EMS, water/methanol injected, 6-speed conversion, 4:55 gears, Comptech headers, Cantrell exhaust, Stacy skirts, type R hood and I just did the '02 rear conversion. The car's roof and door trim/handle had been painted white before I got it.

NSXside.jpg

The interior leather was replaced with perforated seats at 17,000 miles - before I bought the car.

DSC00236.jpg

I've got a spreadsheet with all records of everything done including the original purchase price...and so far there is about $124,000 into this car - not including labor. I know I'll never get anywhere near that back, but the car has become therapy, and how do you put a value on that?
I've attached the.pdf file so you can see all of the mods I did. Everything in italics was completed after purchasing the car.

I like the red door insert - very cool.

Back