• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ztoolmans style cup holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT GOT IN ON THIS SALE. AS OF TODAY(11-23-08), I AM OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT !!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IF YOU DID NOT GET IN ON THIS SALE, I CAN GET MORE DONE, HOWEVER I WILL AGAIN NEED A MINIMUM OF 25 ORDERS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

THANKS AGAIN.... DAVE

Hey Guys,

after looking for months on here for a Ztoolman cup holder for my NSX and not being able to find one, i decided to see about getting one made localy at a machine shop. well, to my surpirse getting just ONE made can be a bit expensive. so i contacted Ztoolman and asked him if he would mind if i offered a group buy for his style cupholders made by my guy here in california. Ztoolman did not object and gave me his blessing (i didnt want to infringe on his idea or any future sales). so i cna get these made here locally, the more i buy, the cheeper the holders.... right now i am going to work on the premiss that i can get 25 guys to poney up and order a holder.... i am going to offe rthem for the same price as Z did ($35.00 each shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states) one added benifit with these is i will be having them POWDER COATED BLACK.... any custom color is availible if you preorder and pay BEFORE i go to manufacturing..... if i get more than 25 orders, then the cost to me will drop, i will have to cross that bridge when i get there to find out how many more i will have to buy to get a lower price.... i prefer paypal .... PM me if you are interested..... i am probably going to pull the trigger and have the 25 made and go from there... a friend of mine that has a gallardo says the holder works in hios car as well, so i am going to offer them on the Lambo site as well.... for those wanting to know what they look like, seach prime for Ztoolman cup holder and you will see... they will be EACTLY the same... only difference is they will be powder coated.... can be left stainless also....

AT THE REQUEST OF MANY, PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED. PLEASE NOTE THIS CUPHOLDER HAS NOT BEEN POWDER COATED !!

thanks... Dave

UPDATE 10-22-08... WENT INTO PRODUCTION YESTERDAY... SEE POST 10 FOR INFO !!!!!! THANKS AGAIN...DAVE

UPDATE 10-24-08 COLOR OPTIONS….. Ok, the Black finish is going to be available in two options… a HIGH GLOSS and a FLAT semi textured finish. In the powder coat world… there is 100% gloss (high gloss) and lowering %’s down to 10% gloss (some have referred this to flat or matt or satin) the HIGH GLOSS finish is going to be 100% gloss with a smooth finish…. The flat (or satin or matt finish some refer to) is going to be at 20% gloss with a very slight texture added… It looks very good!!!!!! And for good measure I am also going to offer a third color…..GUNMETAL GREY (flat / matt finish). If you have already paid and selected a black, please send me a PM with your choice of the two. If you would like to change your choice also please PM me. The laser cutting is on track to be done by Wednesday next week. I plan to be powder coating by NEXT weekend. So I need to know. If you do NOT get back to me with your BLACK color option, I will assume you want GLOSS. So let me know…..Thanks again….Dave

10-24-08 PLEASE BE SURE TO ALSO INCLUDE YOUR PRIME SCEEN NAME IN THE MESSAGE LINE OF YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT. IT HAS BEEN DIFFICULT CONNECTING NAMES TO SCREEN NAMES !!!!! THANKS AGAIN....DAVE

Attachments

• cup holdeer_2008-10-16 103_250x188.jpg
    cup holdeer_2008-10-16 103_250x188.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,713
  • cup holdeer_2008-10-16 104_250x188.jpg
    cup holdeer_2008-10-16 104_250x188.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,502
  • cup holdeer_2008-10-16 105_250x188.jpg
    cup holdeer_2008-10-16 105_250x188.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited:
I'm in for one in powercoat too! PM me when ready.

Where does it clamp to?
Will it fit Starbucks type paper cups or is this designed for those plastic thermos type coffee mugs?

Last edited:
OK...don't want to spill my Latte on my lap again- Order one powerdercoated please! What's the ETA and where to send PP?

UPDATE... went into production yesterday.... the lazer cutting should be done by 10-27.... should be able to get them bent and ready to go to be powder coated by 11-3... i am shooting for a shipping date for those who have ordered of 11-7.... for those that have committed to buying these. i will be posting pictures next week after they have been cut.... i will be expecting paypal payments to be made 10-31-08.... those that have committed to stainless steal only i should be able to ship by 10-31-08... of course ALL DATES are subject to my lazer cutter and powder coater getting them done as they say they will.... i will keep you posted if there are any delays from these target dates.... THANKS AGAIN TO ALL..... DAVE

Re: zetoolmans style cup holders

I am glad to see a nice response. I will still get the occasional request for one. Plus, when I would be out at a meet, many would request one. All that have one LOVE it and want more. Plus, it does fit the Lambo with a small mod I think as one guy sold the NSX (mistake) but got a Lambo and he loved the cup holder so much he kept it and was surprised to see it worked in his new Lambo!

Good luck!! Hope you sell a ton!

Z

Last edited:
Re: zetoolmans style cup holders

yes... his name is Lou... he is on this forum.... and it was HIS holder i used to make the template !!!!!

thanks again Z...

Dave

I am glad to see a nice response. I will still get the occasional request for one. Plus, when I would be out at a meet, many would request one. All that have one LOVE it and want more. Plus, it does fit the Lambo with a small mod I think as one guy sold the NSX (mistake) but got a Lambo and he loved the cup holder so much he kept it and was surprised to see it worked in his new Lambo!

Good luck!! Hope you sell a tone!

Z

Will us stainless guys get ours first?:wink:

yes... probably a week earlier.... i have been told they MAY be done (lazer cutting) by this friday..... bending over the weekend... shipped by monday... MAYBE !!!!!

dave

This cup holder is awesome......you guys won't be dissappointed. :smile:

Please see the 10-24-08 update in the original message... ineed your screen names to be included with your paypal payment in the message line !!!!!!!!!

also needed is your choice of finish..... STAINLESS STEEL OR BLACK.

i have had a question asked is the stainless going to be polished.... NO, whatever stainless steel looks like in its eaw for is what the final finish is going to be.

also, is the black going to be gloss, flat or satin..... to tell the truth i never thought of that......so i guess i can offer them in either gloss or flat / satin. i do not know at this time if powder coating is done in "satin" but i will check...

thanks again.... Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back