• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ztoolmans style cup holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 10-24-08 COLOR OPTIONS….. Ok, the Black finish is going to be available in two options… a HIGH GLOSS and a FLAT semi textured finish. In the powder coat world… there is 100% gloss (high gloss) and lowering %’s down to 10% gloss (some have referred this to flat or matt or satin) the HIGH GLOSS finish is going to be 100% gloss with a smooth finish…. The flat (or satin or matt finish some refer to) is going to be at 20% gloss with a very slight texture added… It looks very good!!!!!! And for good measure I am also going to offer a third color…..GUNMETAL GREY (flat / matt finish). If you have already paid and selected a black, please send me a PM with your choice of the two. If you would like to change your choice also please PM me. The laser cutting is on track to be done by Wednesday next week. I plan to be powder coating by NEXT weekend. So I need to know. If you do NOT get back to me with your BLACK color option, I will assume you want GLOSS. So let me know…..Thanks again….Dave

does the Stainless Steel come with a coating of some kind (clear coat?) or is it bare metal? I guess, i'm ultimately concerned about it staining. If it's going to stain i'm going to with my 2nd option which would be black.

UPDATE 10-24-08 COLOR OPTIONS….. Ok, the Black finish is going to be available in two options… a HIGH GLOSS and a FLAT semi textured finish. In the powder coat world… there is 100% gloss (high gloss) and lowering %’s down to 10% gloss (some have referred this to flat or matt or satin) the HIGH GLOSS finish is going to be 100% gloss with a smooth finish…. The flat (or satin or matt finish some refer to) is going to be at 20% gloss with a very slight texture added… It looks very good!!!!!! And for good measure I am also going to offer a third color…..GUNMETAL GREY (flat / matt finish). If you have already paid and selected a black, please send me a PM with your choice of the two. If you would like to change your choice also please PM me. The laser cutting is on track to be done by Wednesday next week. I plan to be powder coating by NEXT weekend. So I need to know. If you do NOT get back to me with your BLACK color option, I will assume you want GLOSS. So let me know…..Thanks again….Dave

not coated at all.... but since it is stainless steel... i assume it would not stain.... let me know...thanks adgain...dave

does the Stainless Steel come with a coating of some kind (clear coat?) or is it bare metal? I guess, i'm ultimately concerned about it staining. If it's going to stain i'm going to with my 2nd option which would be black.

long shot here but can your powdercoating shop do an anodize treatment also? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

black anodized would be hot.

NOPE... he just does powder.... FYI, i looked into anodizing and the cost was 5x that of the powder coating.... mainly because the powder coat guy is a friend of mine and cutting me a break.... the quantity i am doing does not fall into his minimum for parts of this size... he mainly does mass production stuff.... not too much walk in business for his business....

not coated at all.... but since it is stainless steel... i assume it would not stain.... let me know...thanks adgain...dave

The SS finish works great. I am glad to see the out reach for these. I stopped making them because the demand was not there. Assuming these will be just like mine, ALL will love it!! :biggrin:

Enjoy,

Z

update... close to being sold out of the initial 25 i ordered.... the next amount i will have to order is 50 and before i do that i will need at least 40 orders... SO.... if you are interested in getting one and have not paypaled me yet, please do so asap.....if you want to be garenteed one....thanks again...dave

10-26-08 UPDATE.... going fast.... 21 paid for so far....only have 4 left of the original 25 i ordered....

Payment sent for 2 cupholders! Thanks a bunch Dave!

Send a PM when they are ready to ship so that I can track the package...

MMMMMMMMM....COOOOOOFFFFFFEEEEEE!

Ok guys.....

the cupholders are cut and are being bent into shape as i type :smile:

i plan on going to powder coat tomorrow or friday at the latest (i hope)

good news bad news.... i sold out of the initial 25 :smile::smile::smile:

i have 3 others that got in too late........ so......

i was convinced the metal shop to let me order another 15 (he was telling me i had to go to 25).....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

so, i now have 12 extras to sell...... when they are gone.... that will be it :frown:

since i am going to powder coat them all at once, i will not be able to offer the four choices as i have.... what i am going to do is poweder coat 8 of the 12 in flat black, 2 in gunmetal and leave 2 stainless.... FLAT BLACK has been the overwelming choice so far....

so, if you want to make a choice of color and not get stuck with a left over, get me a paypal payment no later than 0800am tomorrow morning....

thanks again for all the orders....

Dave

OK... here what i got so far... please check the list and let me now if i got anything wrong.... thanks again to everyone:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::.... FYI only have 9 left !!!!! :eek::eek:

1 Bone-Stock FLAT BLACK
2 davidf SS
3 Joshs FLAT BLACK
4 coolnsx FLAT BLACK
5 coolnsx GUNMETAL
6 Allen Shim GLOSS BLACK
7 JPBNSX FLAT BLACK
8 Sandman1962 FLAT BLACK
9 ryu SS
10 NSXRguy FLAT BLACK
11 dablackgoku1234 SS
12 rjmcmillan FLAT BLACK
13 stevieray122854 FLAT BLACK
14 stevieray122854 FLAT BLACK
15 stevieray122854 GUNMETAL
16 stevieray122854 GUNMETAL
17 Serviceman24 FLAT BLACK
18 Mark G FLAT BLACK
19 96cxt GLOSS BLACK
20 The Kid GUNMETAL
21 drewdeezee GUNMETAL
22 drewdeezee GUNMETAL
23 igo4blue GLOSS BLACK
24 Igo4blue FLAT BLACK
25 macready FLAT BLACK
26 jetpilot3 FLAT BLACK
27 jetpilot3 FLAT BLACK
28 JCC FLAT BLACK
29 Jray FLAT BLACK
30 Ace Wingtip FLAT BLACK
31 Ace Wingtip FLAT BLACK

I'll take a flat black one. Any idea when they would ship?

I will take 2 stainless steel. I just saw the thread and now have to figure out how to get you the payment. PM me if I didn't do it correctly.

Thanks,

Tytus

OK... here what i got so far... please check the list and let me now if i got anything wrong.... thanks again to everyone:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::.... FYI only have 9 left !!!!! :eek::eek:

1 Bone-Stock FLAT BLACK
2 davidf SS
3 Joshs FLAT BLACK
4 coolnsx FLAT BLACK
5 coolnsx GUNMETAL
6 Allen Shim GLOSS BLACK
7 JPBNSX FLAT BLACK
8 Sandman1962 FLAT BLACK
9 ryu SS
10 NSXRguy FLAT BLACK
11 dablackgoku1234 SS
12 rjmcmillan FLAT BLACK
13 stevieray122854 FLAT BLACK
14 stevieray122854 FLAT BLACK
15 stevieray122854 GUNMETAL
16 stevieray122854 GUNMETAL
17 Serviceman24 FLAT BLACK
18 Mark G FLAT BLACK
19 96cxt GLOSS BLACK
20 The Kid GUNMETAL
21 drewdeezee GUNMETAL
22 drewdeezee GUNMETAL
23 igo4blue GLOSS BLACK
24 Igo4blue FLAT BLACK
25 macready FLAT BLACK
26 jetpilot3 FLAT BLACK
27 jetpilot3 FLAT BLACK
28 JCC FLAT BLACK
29 Jray FLAT BLACK
30 Ace Wingtip FLAT BLACK
31 Ace Wingtip FLAT BLACK

Dave, I should have 2 Stainless Steel & 2 Gunmetal. If they're already done in Flat Black, that's OK.

Last edited:
steve,

i got it changed on my end.... 2 ss and 2 GM....dave

Dave, I should have 2 Stainless Steel & 2 Gunmetal. If they're already done in Flat Black, that's OK.

Dave,

I will take 1 PC black matte if you still have it. Just paypal'd you.

thanks,
bernard

Last edited:
Dave,

I paid you on the 28th October for a Satin/Textured version but don't appear to be on the list?

What's up?

I won't be on here to often over the next couple of days so a prompt "heads up" would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back