Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headlight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Re: Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headl

Quote Originally Posted by s4play View Post
    A few more LED projects using our even brighter LED's:

can anyone guess what kind of car this one is?

crz
    .a product of the killing fields of cambodia
    .pain is temporary, it may last a minute or an hour or a day or a year, but eventually it will subside, something will take its place, if i quit it will last forever

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headl

Im very interested, still have those led in stock? Are they bolt on? Where does it connected to? Thank you
    2002 Black/Black NSX-T

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kprsx View Post
    Im very interested, still have those led in stock? Are they bolt on? Where does it connected to? Thank you
    We usually keep a few sets of each type in stock so just PM me and we can work from there. I'm actually in Durham, NC sometimes for work and can bring a set over if you like.

They sell very FAST and it's probably the best LED DRL solution out there and HAVE A WARRANTY

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

here's a picture of how bright the lights are with headlights OFF:

They are not meant to be used as fogs but bright enough to be noticeable in day or night situations.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Our LATEST LEVEL 2 solution is now available for pre-2001 NSX owners

I know many of you have asked for a more integrated look that uses our high power LED's but inside the OEM bumper lense. For this to work we would need you to send in your set of OEM lenses for modification here or we can supply a new set of lenses.

The first step is to swap the blinkers from the inner position to the outer position. Normally the parking lights are on the outside and after this modification they will be the inner LED lights.

We can supply the proper amber LED bulb and matching resistor values to NOT trip the factory bulb out indicator.

Step one: (move the socket positions)

Step two: (Amber LED bulb is now used for the blinkers to be legal)

Step three: (LED's all installed and ready for car fitment)

Step four: (super sano OEM look and un-matched brightness from LED's)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Some pictures of the LEVEL 2 LED's in daytime sun to give you an idea of the light output!

These were shot at 7am when I took the car out for a spirited drive - definitely makes the car more noticeable during the twilight and dusk hours!

Last one with my favorite diffuser: (Another prime vendor)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

thanks for your orders fellas!

We just got stock and will be shipping out your LED DRL kits this week.

Any questions feel free to hit us up on LIVE CHAT via GMAIL during work hours or shoot us a PM.

We are always here to answer any questions!

thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I met up with an old friend the other day and he's one of the few NSX owners that has LED's built into his headlight.

Most unique and definitely a show stopper when turned on!

(very envious of his hood and car, I definitely need a hood one day)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Finally finished our 5-LED integrated LED DRL (LEVEL 2) for a client's ride!

Turned out super nice and we're doing a quick burn-in prior to shipping....

What do you guys think? It has the benefits of high power LED but looks totally OEM in terms of fitment:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

On your site, there seems to be two different Level 1 DRL LED for 92'. What is the difference between them?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dfdtruckie View Post
    On your site, there seems to be two different Level 1 DRL LED for 92'. What is the difference between them?
    Thanks
    Apologies for the mistake but there is actually only one version of the LEVEL 1 and one version of the LEVEL 2. The webmaster is working on fixing the errors but our site is actually a bit out-dated right now.

We actually are a vendor on NSXprime and sell a special LEVEL 2 version of these high output DRLís that get mounted in the bumper complete with a booster LED module. These units use high quality mirrors that focus each LED light to give the same output as the Audi/Mercedes likes you see on the OEM cars.

Take a look at this link which will give you a lot of information. The same application works for the s2000 and NSX so we just need to know what model/year car you have when you order.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149179

Essentially the basics are:

1) LEVEL 1 LED DRL is a custom made in-house application we started many years ago. Itís very reliable and uses SMT LED technology and is an inexpensive solution for adding LEDís to your NSX with no permanent marks. The wiring is tapped into your existing parking lights for a quick and easy addition to any NSX for a nice modern look.
    2) LEVEL 2 LED DRL is a much more advanced system that uses 5 individual high output LEDís each encased in individual mirrors to amplify the light and gives a very unique look just like the OEM. The quality is on par with OEM both in terms of brightness and output as the aluminum housing and amplifier allows for a simple plug/play setup that can be programmed for various DRL functions such as dimming and even turning off the LED on the side your blinker is activated. This setup from Mercedes is over $2k+ but we offer the same setup right now for $499.

Let me know if thereís any other questions I may answer for you!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Finally finished our 5-LED integrated LED DRL (LEVEL 2) for a client's ride!

Turned out super nice and we're doing a quick burn-in prior to shipping....

What do you guys think? It has the benefits of high power LED but looks totally OEM in terms of fitment:

Was getting pretty excited there for a second when I saw this photo since it looks more uniform..

Any new developments on the "uniform bar look" like the newest Audis?

Last edited by Hapa88; 09-01-2012 at 12:14.
    -Adrian
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
    1995 Acura NSX-T
    The KING of cheap ass wheels and tires... (per TURBO2GO)

Feedback Score

^ this me likey. Has potential, would compliment lean looks of the NSX if done right
    1991 NSX - Black on Ivory

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

As of right now we have no plans to do the single LED bar since the engineering to create it is far more difficult than what you think.

Popularity wise the individual LED look is still the high demand item. For the Audi look we could probably build a one-off custom one for a client if they want but it would take some creative design work.

thanks

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

LEVEL 2 LED's Integrated into a pre-2002 NSX inside bumper lense:

Does this car have turn signals? Nicest one yet? Cost/turn around time?
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by davidf View Post
    Does this car have turn signals? Nicest one yet? Cost/turn around time?
    Dave

The quality and ease of install is stupendous. On a bright sunny day these are hard to miss still with brightness. At night you might aswell use these as a headlight lol.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy004 View Post
    Dave

The quality and ease of install is stupendous. On a bright sunny day these are hard to miss still with brightness. At night you might aswell use these as a headlight lol.
    Gil I'd kinda hoped these would dim with headlamps on and I assume that option is offered with these particuliar ones {hopefully}.
    I'm glad they have your approval though.
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by davidf View Post
    Gil I'd kinda hoped these would dim with headlamps on and I assume that option is offered with these particuliar ones {hopefully}.
    I'm glad they have your approval though.
    Yes the LED booster module on the LEVEL 2 lights have a logic setup that allows you to set it up for dim in 2 ways:

a) Dim when headlights are turned

b) Turn off the adjacent LED when that side's blinker is activated so people can see the blinker better (same as what OEM Audi does with their LED's)

Brightness is really superb as people see this light from far away whether in broad daylight or nighttime.

here's some daytime shots:

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy004 View Post
    Dave

thanks Dave!

I added a picture gallery here of NSX's using our lights:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165588

enjoy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast