• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GruppeM ver 2 or 3 HP gains

Hi there, I just purchased a GruppeM ver3 exhaust and I am wondering relative to other exhausts what kind of performance gains to expect. I have done some research on prime and couldnt seem to find any dyno's or much of anything in regards to this exhaust. I hope someone could be of assistance.

Thanks so much guys.

That would be difficult to gauge as there are other factors involved. The engine size, the other exhaust components and brands of those components, the fuel type, the elevation of car relative to sea level, etc.

Very true, I am wondering if any owners of this exhaust have had dyno's done on their cars, in my case N/A 3.0L C30A motor's.
Basically relative to other exhuasts how would the gruppem compare, I know it's a difficult question.

I had the V2 {quad tip} but came from a GTLW so I really did'nt see any difference but it really did'nt matter since it sounded so damn good. I'm not sure on the V3 but mine would'nt allow cats. You have a rare and very desirable exhaust. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
I would say that anything with a larger pipe diameter is better than the stock exhaust. How much better will probably only vary by such a small amount you wouldn't be able to notice the difference. You stand to gain more HP with higher flowing CATS.

Those gains seem really good, do you still have the exhaust? did you add any other supporting mods?

I would say that anything with a larger pipe diameter is better than the stock exhaust. How much better will probably only vary by such a small amount you wouldn't be able to notice the difference. You stand to gain more HP with higher flowing CATS.
I believe both the GM v3 and v2 exhausts eliminate the cats, and in addition to removing that bottle neck, it also makes the exhaust plumbing shorter and straighter - so they are probably the best performing exhausts you can get for the NSX.

Last edited:
I believe both the GM v3 and v2 exhausts eliminate the cats, and in addition to removing that bottle neck, it also makes the exhaust plumbing shorter and straighter - so they are probably the best performing exhausts you can get for the NSX.

and the V3 is lighter than the V2, but I'm not sure by how much.

I love the gruppeM exhaust, I have a version 3 and dynoed 271whp. I forgot the torque numbers but I posted a dyno graph on here a while back. I have the I/H/E and the prospeed stage 3. There were other NSX's there when I did my dyno and the other NA1's with the same setup down to the stage 3 ecu that dynoed at 262whp so I know that the Gruppe3 does make power.

sup manh,

I was at the dyno also. i believe he put down ~312 lbs torque. Straight pipes from the exhaust helps out a bunch!

I was running I/H/E with high flow cats and ProSpeed Stage III custom.

For comparison, here is a dyno for my B&B (ex RM Racing) exhaust on a NA1:

Attachments

• Dyno2.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Dyno3.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 23
Back