• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AutoVation Aluminum NSX Interior Products

All of the products shown below can be ordered directly from our website here (http://www.autovationparts.com/store/acuransx.html) with coupon code "1163546129" for a 25% discount. As always, please let me know if there are any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

We are producing several aluminum interior components for the NSX that match up perfectly with our racing pedal sets.

Our newest product is the brushed finish on the NSX shift ring. This shift ring can be ordered with either the 5spd or 6spd shift pattern and is super easy to install and uninstall. We can also do a custom design if you would like (additional $5 programming fee).
SPACNSSP_2.jpg

SPACNSSP_1.jpg

One of the new popular designs are the "pockets". Here is an example of a pocket in a AutoVation brushed finish heel guard that a customer inserted a "HFP" emblem in. If you are interested in this emblem and heel guard combination, let me know and you can special order it as a package. The emblems are $42 each and the cost would be added to the heel guard cost.
HeelGuard_pocket1.jpg

This can also be done on a pedal set as well.
Brakepedal_pocket.jpg

Here is a pocket on a set of AutoVation door sills allowing the OEM serial number plate is retained with the aluminum door sills.
SPACNS1DSinstalled.jpg

SPACNS1DSinstalled1.jpg

We make the door sills in a brushed finish as well.
SPMAMI1DS.jpg

We also do custom orders and custom aluminum machining as well. Thanks again for your support and we look forward to continuing to develop new products for the NSX.

Last edited:
lets see this heel guard installed.. can you fill in the dots black?

We can black anodize the heel guards ($25) and brush the top surface to get this effect.

It would be the reverse look of our black anodized racing pedals with machined accents.

Anodized.jpg

lets see this heel guard installed.. can you fill in the dots black?

I do not have a pic of the heel guard installed on an NSX, here is one on the GM High Tech Performance Track Z-28 Project:

0801gm_27_z+2001_chevy_camaro+.jpg

The heel guards are installed using T-nuts (under the floor mat or carpet) and matching small radaii bolts.
tee%20nut.jpg

How are your pedals installed?

Thanks in advance.

How are these pedals different from those on SRP Racing? The products appear to be identical, and SRP Racing has the pedals for significantly less.

http://www.srpracing.com/

Brian and I have been working together about 10 years now. The AutoVation website catalogs products at retail to help protect our dealer base sales while allowing the option to order direct. Brian has his products listed just above dealer cost. AutoVation has over 100 racing pedal dealers worldwide. With the 25% coupon code (1163546129) on the AutoVation website, you will get the guaranteed lowest cost by ordering direct.

I really cannot say enough about Tony and his products for the NSX and any other make or model. We have been running his pedal set in both our daily driven NSX as well as our record breaking Time Attack NSX for years now. Great Quality, functionality, price, and customer service.

Can you do the hfp on the shift plate and what would be the cost?

Can you do the hfp on the shift plate and what would be the cost?

Sure. You can just order the standard shift plate (no extra cost for the pocket) and add $42 for the Honda Emblem. Use the coupon code above to calculate the final cost.

Tony a few questions:

Any idea what the heel guards weigh?

The sill plates look white. I am assuming thats just the picture and they are aluminum? I think any other car color would have made them look better in your pics. Do you have a brushed look?

Can I order an insert series gas pedal only from you? I broke mine

Any idea what the heel guards weigh?

The heel guards weigh under 1 lbs. They can replace your floor mats and save 3-4 lbs.

The sill plates look white. I am assuming thats just the picture and they are aluminum? I think any other car color would have made them look better in your pics. Do you have a brushed look?

It is just the picture. A pic of what the brushed looks like is:
SPMAMI1DS.jpg

Can I order an insert series gas pedal only from you? I broke mine

PM sent.

What kind of custom design are you offering for the shift ring? Are you just doing words or pictures (like an outline of an NSX for example)? Does this custom design replace the shift pattern label or does it go underneath it? Any samples?

How much room will there be with the HFP emblem in the shift ring? As soon as i can see a pic i would like to place an order. i am looking for the pedals sills and shift ring all in brushed.

I did read the install guide.

Are all the pedals pre-drilled for the NSX?

Is it a simple in term of removing & installing the pedals?

As for the shift plate, do you have to remove the center console?

What kind of custom design are you offering for the shift ring? Are you just doing words or pictures (like an outline of an NSX for example)? Does this custom design replace the shift pattern label or does it go underneath it? Any samples?

We can do just about any custom design you would like. I'm not sure what else there really is to do besides words and pictures?

You can have the shift pattern on there with the design or you can have it off. It's your choice. Here's a sample of a custom pedal that you might like, nothing like having your pedals grip so much they bite you. :biggrin:

Custom.jpg

How much room will there be with the HFP emblem in the shift ring? As soon as i can see a pic i would like to place an order. i am looking for the pedals sills and shift ring all in brushed.

Sounds good, we'll machine one up and post a pic for you.

Are all the pedals pre-drilled for the NSX?
The pedals on the NSX are not pre-drilled. You will need to drill them, timing is between 20-45 minutes. There is actually an excellent article in NSX Driver magazine on how to do the installation with some NSX specific tricks. I have a PDF'd copy of the article, I'm not sure if I can post it due to copyright issues though? Let me check.

Is it a simple in term of removing & installing the pedals?
Yes. The plastic covers come off, you drill the holes and bolt the new ones on. The reason we developed these pedals was to prevent the slipping from the clamp on generic pedals (like Razo or Sparco). Once installed, these pedals simply will NOT move. It provides a much more direct interface between you and the car. It's hard to explain but once you feel it, you will know what I am talking about.

As for the shift plate, do you have to remove the center console?
Yes, the shift plate actually fits directly between your OEM plate and the center console. It can be installed and removed without damaging the center console.

Of course, send me a PM with what you are interested in and I can feedback.

Tony are all the covers to come off before installing the pedals? Have you tried drilling the pedals? It's like they are made of Tungsten, I broke cobal bit after cobalt bit and barely made a mark in them. When I put the screws in, in went into the plastic covers, but then pushed the cover away from the metal of the pedal. Eventually at a track event my gas pedal broke off with the plastic OEM cover attached to it still, and they were fused together because I loctit'ed everything. I had to buy a new OEM pedal cover, but now have no gas pedal.

Also I will mention this... I actually find the extra grip on the brake pedal to be a hindrance to proper heel and toe'ing. My foot sticks too much and I can't slide or turn it over to blip the gas as it is stuck to the pedal. I found the insert series to be the best, they allowed me to heel & toe the easiest, which is why I upgraded. I am just posting this for anyone that tracks their car, be careful of which set you use.

Otherwise, I really have always liked all your products very much. Very high quality, very reasonable pricing.

Tony are all the covers to come off before installing the pedals?

Only the brake and clutch covers are to be removed first.

Have you tried drilling the pedals? It's like they are made of Tungsten, I broke cobal bit after cobalt bit and barely made a mark in them.

I've installed quite a few sets but have never seen this issue on an installation. It's mainly the type of drill and type of insert that determine how easy/hard the install is going to be. Did you use the "block of wood" trick shown in NSX Driver to keep the pedal static and stable while you drill? Take a look here for some tips (i.e. use oil and slow speed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4q8UhbpaG0 Remember, drilling wood is for sissies :p, what about the tough stuff?

When I put the screws in, in went into the plastic covers, but then pushed the cover away from the metal of the pedal.

Did you drill pilot holes for the screws through the metal portion of the pedal? The screws should have actually held this together much stronger than the OEM setup.

Eventually at a track event my gas pedal broke off with the plastic OEM cover attached to it still, and they were fused together because I loctit'ed everything. I had to buy a new OEM pedal cover, but now have no gas pedal.
I'm glad I asked about this, this is very concerning. Over the 10+ years we have been making these, this is the first time I have heard of something like this happening! Per your description, it does not sound like the gas pedal was secured completely? The reason we made these pedals is to prevent the pedals from slipping off. Once they are installed, there should be ZERO play or movement in them. It's like replacing a rubber bushing with a metal one. Regardless of the cause, I will send you a replacement pedal cover at no charge. PM me your desired pedal and your address again.
Before bolting the pedals on, make sure the pilot holes are through the steel portion of the accelerator.

Also I will mention this... I actually find the extra grip on the brake pedal to be a hindrance to proper heel and toe'ing. My foot sticks too much and I can't slide or turn it over to blip the gas as it is stuck to the pedal. I found the insert series to be the best, they allowed me to heel & toe the easiest, which is why I upgraded. I am just posting this for anyone that tracks their car, be careful of which set you use.

I'm a bit confused regarding the brake pedal sticking. It should stick to your toe to allow your heel to pivot over to the accelerator flange without your toe falling off the brake pedal? It's not really a sliding motion, more of a rotation.
heeltoe.gif

It sounds like the insert series (our least "grippy" pedal set) is the right set for you. A lot of the feel is based on individual preference and we can customize any set you need based on your request. I am hesitant to make a smooth brake pedal as I do not want anyone's foot to slide off when they are trying to brake though.

Otherwise, I really have always liked all your products very much. Very high quality, very reasonable pricing.

:thumbsup:
If you want to discuss further, you can reply here, PM me or I can give you a call if that is easier?

My foot is too big for me to be able to heel n' toe like in the diagram. The way I do it is to slide my entire foot closer to the gas pedal, then sort of "roll" my foot to the right and back to blip the throttle. If I do what the diagram is showing, i.e. raise my foot high enough to blip with my heel, the brake pedal will not be under my toes, it will be in the arch of my foot and the top of my foot will be getting stuck some place.

So yeah, I really like the insert series, and I really appreciate your offer on the gas pedal. I will PM you my address. At least let me pay for shipping. This is awesome customer support.

I will get out my mightier drill and best bits and tackle this again. That gas pedal is REALLY tough to drill through. I will use oil and go slow... LOL... wait.. I just said that to this girl last night and... ummmm... nevermind. :biggrin:

Back