• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you buy AFTER you've owned an NSX ?

I've test driven about 20 contemporary cars and can't find anything that will do it all. What have you moved on to and is it better, the same, worse?

Here's a short list of cars I've driven.

Last two gens of M3.
Last two gens of M5.
C6
EVO X
S55 AMG
Supercharged Cobra Mustang.
Two Gens of MR2.
CTS-V
G35

Haven't tried an Elise, Viper or Porche yet.

Thoughts?

Go to a Ferrari or Lambo.

I haven't driven it, but I would think the closest to the NSX would be the Audi R8 supercar.

Keep the NSX.

Add cars from there.

My first addition was an E28 M5. I plan to keep it for a long time.

My third car is likely to come in a couple of years. As of right now, it could be a 911 Turbo/GT3, R8, 360, V8 Vantage, Superformance Daytona Coupe or Beck 904. Perhaps a 928 GTS, 850csi or 560 SEC. Possibly a Jaguar E-type Coupe.

Here's a short list of cars I've driven.

G35

Hi sorry for no cr. Opera browser on cellphone does not give me any cr. I am considering a G35 coupe as the daily beater. It will probably cost me more than the NSX did. How would you rate the G35 as a daily driver? If I go G35 it will be a huuuge upgrade as the daily driver is now a Vw Golf I 1983. Regarding your question. I would go for a R8. Regards

I had a G35 coupe daily driver along with my NSX for several years:

infiniti7.jpg

infiniti4.jpg

It was certainly a fun car with plenty of power. And it had a wonderful intoxicating sound even from the factory exhaust. As for the styling... in my opinion, with the aftermarket springs, drilled rotors, and wheels plus the limo tint it was drop dead gorgeous and got more positive comments than my NSX.

The downsides included the econo quality interior materials and lackluster fit and finish. The factory navi system was "gee whiz" impressive with the screen that retracted in and out of the dash but it was MISERABLE to use with the WORST UI on the planet. A $199 TomTom or Garmin handheld were far better than the factory G35 navi. Perhaps the nail in the coffin was that the local dealer was horrible even on the best of days. The service charges for what they called routine maintenance that somehow occurred at much shorter intervals than the manual listed were complete highway robbery and always came with several additional surprise "recommended" repair charges when I would go to pick it up. Each visit to the dealer would incur many hundreds of dollars being flushed out of my wallet!

In the end, having moved to MI from FL and owning two RWD 2 door sports cars was not ideal for my daily commute. The NSX lives in the garage for nearly 6 months out of the year so my DD needed to be something that could take the inclement weather without a problem. The G35 coupe does a decent job with Blizzaks on but I traded it in toward an SH-AWD Acura RL and couldn't be happier! Having owned 3 Legends in the past (I still have a '94 LS sedan in the garage) the 3rd Gen RL is the logical next step. The fit and finish and techno gadgetry is phenomenal and the SH AWD is outstanding in the snow and rain.

BTW, my wife still drives her Diamond Graphite Infiniti G35x AWD sedan... The exhaust note is vastly different between the sedan and the coupe but the navi is still the same... :mad: And worst of all we still have to go to that same crappy dealer...

Of course I want my next DD to be the new Aston Martin Rapide sedan. The wife has given the green flag as long as I sell off two other cars first... decisions... decisions...

Last edited:
I haven't driven it, but I would think the closest to the NSX would be the Audi R8 supercar.

I've decided that the only thing that will replace my NSX is the new McLaren.

So, until I can afford one, I'm keeping the NSX.

However, I hope to add an M3 or GTR to the stable soon.

I've decided that the only thing that will replace my NSX is the new McLaren.

So, until I can afford one, I'm keeping the NSX.

However, I hope to add an M3 or GTR to the stable soon.

Amen! The new MP24 is the best up and coming sportscar out there. Save Save Save...

Here's how I planned my fleet of cars:

One daily driver, one weekend driver, one wifey's car, one SUV.

Currently -> upgrade to (when possible):

DD: Honda s2000 -> Porsche Cayman or Porsche 911 turbo (gotta have a fun daily)
Weekend: Honda NSX -> Audi R8 or Ferrari/Lambo (depends how hard I work)
Wifey's: BMW 330i Sedan -> BMW 5-Series or Audi S4/S5/S6 or Lexus GS (I want an M5, she wants an S5)
SUV: Infiniti FX (plan to pick one up next year) -> ???

After selling my NA2 NSX back in 2006, I have been driving a 2006 Boxster S, 08 Cayman S, and a 2010 GT-R.

Still have the Cayman and the GT-R, the only things that I miss about the NSX are it's looks, driving position, shifter, and the view from inside the car. Life is too short to get stuck with a single car :cool:

Sarge, is that the Tuscon? I hear they are great rigs.

Back