• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you buy AFTER you've owned an NSX ?

its the 08 Santa Fe. got it 2 days ago, just like the one shown. awesome ride, not an NSX of course but very comfy and good visibility. only had 6k on the odo. but really. My next dream car, which I will own someday is

2006-Campagna-T-Rex-SA-1280x960.jpg

After selling my NA2 NSX back in 2006, I have been driving a 2006 Boxster S, 08 Cayman S, and a 2010 GT-R.

Still have the Cayman and the GT-R, the only things that I miss about the NSX are it's looks, driving position, shifter, and the view from inside the car. Life is too short to get stuck with a single car :cool:

I would like to test a Cayman S next. How does it compare?

After you buy an NSX, you end up buying another NSX... then another. Just ask half the guys on this forum. :D

It does seem to be just about perfect.
The only other cars I like are all over $100,000, and none are reliable.

Last edited:
+1

Not to say that the FD was a "better" car, but it was just more fun. I bought a C6 Z06 after the NSX, and I'm still happy.

+2

Dam, I miss the flatter power band of the FD and that scapel-like steering, which made the car feel like it was a shark turning on it's meal *cough* NSX.....

Glad to see I'm not crazy and that others enjoy the FD better than the NSX too.

I wanted to get another FD instead of the NSX, but my brain told me that I don't need to have two of the same car and that the NSX is better for everyday driving. I don't regret my decision, but I still find that I want another FD anyway.

2004 BMW 525i. NSX now becomes a garage queen and an Acura TL is moved to third string as the daily beater.

/thread!!

Btw, There is no real step up from the NSX. The Cayman S is going be disappointing. My GT3 is a step up in performance but IMHO not a great looker and the driving position, sounds are dull.

However, IMHO a LP560 is defintely a step up and is as reliable as an Audi.:wink:

I would like to test a Cayman S next. How does it compare?

A stock Cayman S has a very well sorted out suspension, it probably has about 20% more grip than most NSX's with suspension mods even with street tires.

The 2nd generation Cayman S's have a Direct Fuel Injected Engines that are good for 320HP at the crank, with some exhaust mods there are 2nd Generation Cayman S's that are putting down close to 320 to 330WHP about 350~360 HP at the crank.

The 2nd generation Cayman S's can be ordered with a LSD that was missing from the 1st generation and makes quite a bit of difference (the NSX came with a LSD that is ok for most non FI applications)

Overall driving dynamics/feel is very similar to the NSX but with more grip/bite and waay better brakes than the NSX. There is no snap oversteer on the Cayman in stock form.

The NSX is severly limited in regards to front end grip and braking compared to a Cayman. The grip issue on the NSX can be resolved with wider tires up front, but as soon as you put a decent BBK upfront then your front tire width becomes really limited because of the wheel offset narrow fender space.

I have driven the Cayman pretty hard and never felt front end understeer, on the other hand on my NSX after 10 laps or so I would feel the front end giving up in regards to grip and I had to resort to some interesting techniques to get the car to rotate properly.

A 2nd generation stock Cayman S can do 1:42's at Laguna Seca out of the box, that is pretty damn quick :cool: compare that with a first generation 997 GT3 with R-compounds (MPSC) that do about 1:39 with stock suspension height/alignment

1st Generation Cayman's can suffer from Oil Starvation, Oil Ingestation when using R-compounds, Power Steering Issues as well (they don't have an electrical system like the NSX).

The 2nd generation are supposed to be better in regards to the Oil Starvation, and don't sufffer from the very famous RMS/IMS issues of the previous engine desgin.

The best place to gather information regarding the Cayman is over at www.planet-9.com (formerly www.caymanclub.net www.planetporsche.net)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDsXsdNgov0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDsXsdNgov0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back