• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

Coz

Legendary Member
Today I'm proud to say. I tested fitted the new FXMD Widebody Kit for 2010 for my NSX.

I am very impressed on how great the filament is for the first wide body kit delivered by FXMD for 2010...

Everything was just taped in place today just to see :biggrin:

Actual fitting will begin shortly...Will post pictures as I go...

Attachments

• PA260015.jpg
    PA260015.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,959
  • PA260016.jpg
    PA260016.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4,824
  • PA260028.jpg
    PA260028.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,631
Last edited:
Just checking to make sure you're paying attention, LOL....

Check your e-mail. I sent you all the pictures of today.
Tell Ken to check his too.

Nice, huh....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Funny I just saw this kit for the first time yesterday and today pics... I cant wait to see one all fitted and painted. Fitment and quality of the parts both seem really good. Congrats Jim.

wow. so far that looks very good. CANT wait for more pictures. Well Done.:smile:

There it is for those who wanted the rear end like F430. NICE:smile:

Is this the STMPO kit?

No...
The kit is the redesigned FXMD kit currently on the FXMD Cricket car.
Designed by Ken and Billy of FXMD.

It will be the kit raced by FXMD, Unlimited, and myself, either Steet, possibly Modified, next year in the Redline Time Attack series.

I'll also do the local Arizona NASA Time Attack events with it.
It's also going to be my street driver here and there.

Thanks Guys...!
I'm extremely happy with it.

I still need to put the trunk lid and wing on...
Cuts some vents out and install lighting and hardware.

Going to paint it Blood Red, leave the top black, and black wheels

Is this the STMPO kit?

Last edited:
Thank you...

That you would have to ask Ken and Billy for.
I don't know what the final price will be.

I like it. May I ask price for it?

I was starting to like the two toned taped up look...:wink:

No kidding...I guess it is time for a change.

Looks good. Get it painted!

BTW you REALLY need a new avatar.

Today I'm proud to say. I tested fitted the new FXMD Widebody Kit for 2010 for my NSX.

I am very impressed on how great the filament is for the first wide body kit delivered by FXMD for 2010...

Everything was just taped in place today just to see :biggrin:

Actual fitting will begin shortly...Will post pictures as I go...

Can you telll me where I can get this kit?? And how much it cost?? More pics please!! Thank you for your time!!

Ken & Billy I know would be happy to discuss what you are asking about price and availability, they are great guys and will welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this kit.

Being this is the first one off the molds, the details on pricing is being worked out. But you will have to discuss this with them.

I will be posting more pictures as I move along with this project. I hope to have it completed in the next 30 days.

Stay tuned :biggrin:

Can you telll me where I can get this kit?? And how much it cost?? More pics please!! Thank you for your time!!

Ken & Billy I know would be happy to discuss what you are asking about price and availability, they are great guys and will welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this kit.

Being this is the first one off the molds, the details on pricing is being worked out. But you will have to discuss this with them.

I will be posting more pictures as I move along with this project. I hope to have it completed in the next 30 days.

Stay tuned :biggrin:

Thank you for you reply and kind. But who are ken and Bill? How can I contact them? Any Info can provide? Can wait to see your photo and info of body kit. Have a lovely day. And wish you good luck!!:eek:

Good to hear the positive feedback. More information regarding our new widebody kit to be posted soon.

Thought about changing the color of it, but I decided I want to keep it some kind red.
I figured blood red would be good since I'l have a lot of blood & sweat into it by the time it's done...

Maybe Fire Engine Red ? :biggrin:

Last edited:
love the rear......be different, do pink! :biggrin:

Thought about changing the color of it, but I decided I want to keep it some kind red.
I figured blood red would be good since I'l have a lot of blood & sweat into it by the time it's done...

Maybe Fire Engine Red ? :biggrin:

LOL....
Yes, she does have a nice ass...:eek:

Thank you all for the interest and thank you Jim for being the first with the new FX-TA1 Widebody! Since Jim is the first person to get the widebody off the molds, we are holding off on pricing and availability in order to make any necessary quality control changes to ensure proper fitment. This kit has been about a year and a half in the making so we want to make sure it will exceed the end user’s
expectations.

In regards to the widebody; all OEM factory mounting points were retained for strength and to achieve proper fitment. The design concept was to offer the NSX owner something simple and clean that modernizes the NSX with a muscular stance, while maintaining the pop-up headlights. The TA1’s flared fenders and side skirts are a more aerodynamic evolution of our current race-winning widebody. There is a 2002+ headlight version (with revised front bumper) coming out in the near future and will debut on our new 2010 Unlimited Time Attack NSX.

This widebody is very much an open canvas for the end user to add their own cut outs, NACA ducts, and pressure relief as they see fit. Our 2010 FXMD Time Attack car will use the TA1 design as its basis but will have several major enhancements for our racing efforts. The widebody is offered in both fiberglass and Kevlar.

The FX-TA1 Widebody consists of:

Fiberglass construction (Kevlar optional)
-Front Bumper
-Front Fenders
-Side Skirts
-Door Caps
-Rear Quarter Panels
-Rear Bumper with integrated diffuser and valance

Options include:

-FXMD Rear Deck Trunk Lid with integrated Spoiler (FG or Kevlar)
-FXMD vented hood (02+ headlights)
-Cutout Vents
-Louvers
-Front Splitter
-Custom Rear Diffuser
-Custom Flat-bottom (fuel tank and engine bay)

Pricing: TBD

Last edited:
Wow, thats impressive, and way to go in keeping the popups!

Will the rear bumper work with stock bodywork? I love the F430 look but do not want the WB.

This widebody is wicked looking, esp the rear, it's gorgeous. The only thing I would do is chop some of the front lip off, as it's too thick and I'm sure this will help prevent scraping. Find some fixed headlights and get some negative offset rims of course, a lot of lip... Paint it pearl white with the black top!

I like the design very much. Not too wild like the Sorcery and I like the thicker front lip and sideskirts. Does it retains the oem fenderliners? The open front fenders ala GT-NSX gets the door dirty fast.

The open front fenders ala GT-NSX gets the door dirty fast.
The front fender vents can be plugged up or an internal piece of sheet metal can prevent the tires from kicking dirt up onto the front fender. On our old body kit we didn't get the front door very dirty with an even larger opening.

Billy

Back