• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

Sounds like yours will be a sight to behold when it's done...

This widebody is wicked looking, esp the rear, it's gorgeous. The only thing I would do is chop some of the front lip off, as it's too thick and I'm sure this will help prevent scraping. Find some fixed headlights and get some negative offset rims of course, a lot of lip... Paint it pearl white with the black top!

Sounds like yours will be a sight to behold when it's done...

No, I was just throwing some ideas out. I don't have the funds right now or balls to do anything this dramatic. I'm guessing you will keep it red cause it's a pain to do color change. I can't wait to see the finished product, it already looks promising. It's the first kit/body mod that I have liked that is not close to stock.

Last edited:
I though about changing the color and white would have been my first choice.
Just to many other things that would also have to be painted for it to look right. Engine & front bays, door jams, etc...

Which is why I'm going to leave it red.

I've been looking at WB kits for over a year and decided to wait for this one, you can see why :wink:

Funny you should mention that, I'm getting ready to go from SC to Turbo and
my intention is to have a center exhaust under the license plate :)

As for the diffuser, I like the way it is. It would probably be better if it was seperate from the rear bumper though, in case of damage so it could be replaced.

you should join the exhausts in the triagle area under the license plate, cut out the rest of the "diffuser" and make your own!

Wow, thats impressive, and way to go in keeping the popups!

Will the rear bumper work with stock bodywork? I love the F430 look but do not want the WB.

^^answers please!:biggrin:

Sorry John, the rear bumper is only for our widebody. If there is enough interest I can have our guy make it for the OEM body as well.

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

If you read the thread about the STMPO version thats supposd to be under development you'll see there's plenty of interest in a F430-esque rear bumper for the oem body. I think you pulled quite the coup in getting this out to quickly (esp since STMPO has been working on it for some time now). However, I think their one "angle" is the fact theirs are for narrow bodies.

OK, I'll just keep waiting for STMPO. I don't like to see vendors here superceding each other, especially for such a small market.

Kudos on the kit, looks awesome. I think the front looks a little too monolithic. Maybe a thinner or more sculpted lip might help but thats just me.

I can't wait to see it when its painted.:biggrin:

when the price is comes out.. can there be a poor student discount lol:biggrin:

John,

We actually work very closely with Ross at STPMO, they helped us this year with a few chassis mods and in 2010 they will be playing a major role in our chassis development. We have no intention of stepping on their toes if this is something that they are pursuing. The design of our wide body has been underworks for nearly a year and a half now with this current design and we are happy we can offer it to the community.

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

If you read the thread about the STMPO version thats supposd to be under development you'll see there's plenty of interest in a F430-esque rear bumper for the oem body. I think you pulled quite the coup in getting this out to quickly (esp since STMPO has been working on it for some time now). However, I think their one "angle" is the fact theirs are for narrow bodies.

OK, I'll just keep waiting for STMPO. I don't like to see vendors here superceding each other, especially for such a small market.

Kudos on the kit, looks awesome. I think the front looks a little too monolithic. Maybe a thinner or more sculpted lip might help but thats just me.

I can't wait to see it when its painted.:biggrin:

Last edited:
how bout a small automotive school in the middle of nowhere in ohio.. but i really like this kit its one of the better ones ive seen that will work with the NA1s. and i think it would sell good if the price was reasonable for an extreme kit like this one

Moving right along....

I've fitted, sealed and bolted on the passender side rear quater panel....done.

The front fender has been fitted and bolted on, but will get pulled tomorrow and sealed then put back on, then done.

In the process of fitting the side skirt and still need to do some messaging where it needs to be before I seal and bolt it on, and then it's done.

Seams are perfect and it's taking shape.

FX-TA1 is moving along....slowly and carefully....;-)

Attachments

• Rear Quarter Panel Sealed &  Bolted On 1.jpg
    Rear Quarter Panel Sealed & Bolted On 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 836
  • Rear Quarter Panel Sealed and Bolted on 3.jpg
    Rear Quarter Panel Sealed and Bolted on 3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 819
  • Rear Quarter Panel Sealed and Bolted On 2.jpg
    Rear Quarter Panel Sealed and Bolted On 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Front Fender Fitted and Bolted On 1.jpg
    Front Fender Fitted and Bolted On 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 730
  • Fitting Side Skirt.jpg
    Fitting Side Skirt.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 871
  • Front Fender Bolted On-Door Clearance 1.jpg
    Front Fender Bolted On-Door Clearance 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
Drivers side front fender and front bumper fitted

Attachments

• Fitting Front Bumper 3.jpg
    Fitting Front Bumper 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 642
  • Fitting Front Bumper 2.jpg
    Fitting Front Bumper 2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 639
  • Drivers Side Front Fender Fitted 1.jpg
    Drivers Side Front Fender Fitted 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 654
  • Front Bumer Fitted 2.jpg
    Front Bumer Fitted 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 671
Thanks...

Wheels are going to be CCW.

Ken is having them made for me and checking final fitment this week. We'll know what the size & final offset is going to be then...Will let you know.

Todays work...

Rear quarter panels are fitted and bolted on...

Attachments

• Drivers Side Rear  Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 1.jpg
    Drivers Side Rear Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Drivers Side Rear  Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 2.jpg
    Drivers Side Rear Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 545
  • Drivers Side Rear  Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 3.jpg
    Drivers Side Rear Quarter panel Bolted On-Done 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Drivers Side Rear Quarter Panel-Done 4.jpg
    Drivers Side Rear Quarter Panel-Done 4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 572
  • Rear Quarter Panels-Done 2.jpg
    Rear Quarter Panels-Done 2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 618
Dammit! I'd have to admit. That's a better looking widebody kit than mine. If only Ken had come out with that sooner! Curses! I'll get you Nami.... if it's the last thing I do!!

Patience young grasshopper...

Dammit! I'd have to admit. That's a better looking widebody kit than mine. If only Ken had come out with that sooner! Curses! I'll get you Nami.... if it's the last thing I do!!

Thanks....

Everything will come together even better when I start the block sanding before the final painting...

Had to take a break from it the last couple of days to pull my gearbox for rebuilding this weekend.....

If it isn't one thing, it's another :rolleyes:

I should have everything fitted and mounted by the end of next week.

Very happy with it and how it's going together.

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of widebodys, but this is really clean...doesn't look gotti like all the other ones. Good job and can't wait to see it done....

Brian- your NSX is awesome as is also....

Anxiously awaiting completion.

I'm having a real hard time picturing this kit completed. I'm really questioning how the RX8 treatment to the front quarters will look, as well as flat top table effect the rear quarters now have.

And I'm with PoohBEAR - I would rather see an aggressive '02 front end pull this theme together.

It's exciting to see that there are some out there that are still willing to tackle a project like this on such a limited production car. I hope it comes together well for you guys.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I cant wait for the 02 version as well, it will have a completely different look than the pop-up style front end. We wanted to keep the early model style intact and give it that Leman's style that was so famous. The front fender will look quite a bit different once the cutouts are made.

Jim is doing a great job installing the kit himself, especially considering he is not a body guy.

Back