• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

vin tags on NSXs ?

Aside from the rear bumper they're all in plain view. My 2005 also has the VIN etched into the windshield.

I'm not sure when they started but I'm sure it can be found within two clicks of the wiki pages.

On my 2002 there are 9 VIN tags that are easy to see. Under the front hood on both fenders, on the front edge of the hood on the passengers side, and on the front bumper on the passengers side. Both doors on the trailing edge inside the weather stripping. Inside the trunk on the posterior of both rear fenders, and on the trunk lid on the passengers side. All these tags are identical in appearance, white sticker with the Honda logos, black VIN number on yellow background. Both door sills have the last 8 numbers of the VIN on a NSX Manufactured by Honda Motor Co.,Ltd. plate.

The older NSX's do not have vin tags from what I understand.

blaine

On my 2002 there are 9 VIN tags that are easy to see. Under the front hood on both fenders, on the front edge of the hood on the passengers side, and on the front bumper on the passengers side. Both doors on the trailing edge inside the weather stripping. Inside the trunk on the posterior of both rear fenders, and on the trunk lid on the passengers side. All these tags are identical in appearance, white sticker with the Honda logos, black VIN number on yellow background. Both door sills have the last 8 numbers of the VIN on a NSX Manufactured by Honda Motor Co.,Ltd. plate.

Any chance you can post a photo or a better description of where this is? I'm VERY interested in taking a closer look at my passenger rear quarter panel...

You forgot the rear bumper cover.

they start @ 01 I believe, trunk, panels, so interesting to see them .. :)

Old bump on this thread, guy came by to inspect my 96 and couldn't find the Vin Tag sticker in the trunk or on the sides of the doors. He showed them to me on his Kia rental and I was perplexed! Am I correct that the vin tags are not in those places on my 1996.

Back