• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R replica from the Netherlands

Hello everyone, it’s done, finally. Since the purchase of my 1991 NSX back in June 2009, I’ve hardly had a chance to drive my NSX. It was being hauled from Honda garage to Audio shop back to Honda garage, and has been with my tuner since early October. Let me tell you, it was all worth the wait. As you can read in my previous post, the conversion to NSX-R was performed by one of the top tuners/painters in the Netherlands. These guys have done a top job. As you can see below, the entire car was stripped, USDM markers & antenna were welded shut, a full Downforce NSX-R bodykit was installed, new wheels, new exhaust, all new leather interior.
<O:p</O:p
My original 1991 Canadian spec NSX with poorly resprayed fenders and doors.

NSX0011.jpg

This is how I found it when a got back from work early November.

NSX0051.jpg

This is what it looked like mid November.
NSX0071.JPG

I really don’t want to be associated with cars like the Subaru on the right, but it’s still an impressive all custom bodykit.
NSX0081.JPG

NSX0091.JPG

NSX0101.JPG

Starting to look like an NSX again.
NSX0111.JPG

NSX0121.JPG

NSX0131.JPG

As you can see, they did a thorough job on the painting.
NSX0141.JPG

And then early December it was finished. As they were working towards a deadline, I was unable to take pictures outside before flying back to work in the Middle East. Nevertheless, you can have a good idea of layout and quality of the work.

NSX0201.JPG

NSX0211.JPG

NSX0221.JPG

NSX0231.JPG

NSX0241.JPG

NSX0251.JPG

NSX026.JPG

NSX028.JPG

NSX029.JPG

NSX030.JPG

NSX031.JPG

NSX032.JPG

The next 8 weeks will be filled with anticipation from my side, to finally get to drive my very own NSX-R, which is probably the closest replica anywhere in Europe at this moment.
Conversion summary:<O:p</O:p
- 1991 NSX Canadian spec, currently no changes to Engine or suspension<O:p</O:p
- 2002 NSX-R bodykit, made by Downforce<O:p</O:p
- Work XT-7 wheels, by Science of speed<O:p</O:p
- Cantrell lightweight exhaust, by Science of speed <O:p</O:p
- Installation/painting, by Pivari tuning, Roosendaal Netherlands<O:p</O:p
- Leather seat covers, by Leatherseats.com<O:p</O:p
- Interior, by DG custom leather (steering wheel, doors & carpet)
Obviously, several more parts were used in the install, which I’m happy to explain, if anyone wants to know.
Future plans (plenty)<O:p</O:p
- The entire front bumper will be wrapped in protection foil as soon as possible.<O:p</O:p
- 2002 rear taillights.<O:p</O:p
- Downforce NSX-R rear diffuser.
Distant future (when my bank account has recovered)<O:p</O:p
- Lowered suspension, if the speedbumps in my neighbourhood allow.<O:p</O:p
- SOS 3.3L engine conversion (by a local shop, if possible).<O:p</O:p
- Downforce NSX-R battery tray and hood duct. <O:p</O:p

Car looks great, glad to see you said you were going to consider lowering it as that was the one thing that stuck out to me cosmetically. As for the work down the road, I saw you considering a 3.3L package what about stroking it to 3.8L assuming you want to go the NA route. Not cheap though, but probably where the NSX-R should be power wise

Looks quite near to the OEM NSX-R. Good job! I miss the white rims. Haven't the inside areas of the front lenses been white as well on the NSX-R?

Now, that you went that route the next project in Europe has to be a limegreen one. :D

BTW there's a Type-R NA1 replica here in Switzerland.

I can only say one thing

WOW :smile: :smile: :smile: !!!

I had always thought I would be the first in Holland to do a conversion but you definately beat me to it :biggrin:

Your car is looking absolutely stunning. Really need to see that live when the weather has improved. You now officially have the best looking NSX overhere if the pictures are anything like the real thing !!

Was wondering if you have put your car on a scale (with full tank).
I am curious on how much heavy your car is now with the Downforced 2002 conversion.

Any ideas on what kind of suspension you would like to get?

Wow it looks great,, I love the white On red color setup,, looks like a new car,, how many miles are on it?

Thanks for all the compliments so far. I knew some of you would comment about the suspension, only I was afraid to put any lowered suspension on it straight away, as there is a lot of very hgh speedbumps in my neighbourhood. Once I know what is passable and what not, I can start looking for a suspension set.
Milage (km's) are at 150k, wich is part of the reason for thinking about a engine conversion. The 3.3l seems interesting as I wouldn't need to worry about a standalone engine management (wich apparantly nobody can progam in Europe).
As far as the conversion works concerned, the guys who did the conversion didn't even want to here about a quick exterior respray. They would have sent me to the local body repair shop. So now I have an NSX that you can put on a garage lift, and you still wouldn't be able to tell it was ever another color.

If anyone want's to see the car in person (in Europe), it will be on display at "Full Speed 2010" at the Autotron in Rosmalen NL, on 8 & 9 may.

Milage (km's) are at 150k, wich is part of the reason for thinking about a engine conversion.

150k is nothing for an NSX engine. I'd be more worried making an 3.3 out of it (thin cylinder walls) than having 300k km on the odo. :wink:

I love everything. The only thing I would have changed is the wheels. Maybe a set of the 02+ rims powder coated in white:biggrin:

wow,
Is it me, this seemed not to take very long to finish the project.
How many people were working on this project.

What is the serial number of that Canadian car..?
Please send that Canadian bad boy back to Canada so it can be purchased!!

by me!:biggrin:

Well, like I said, I had the funds to import a 2002 from the USA. Once you have the money, the conversion can be done very quickly. Most time was lost this summer, as my Honda garage, didn't have time to do the required maintenance. The cosmetic part of the job was done by just three people. One for disassembly/assembly, one for masking and painting and one helper. They even did a couple of "bumper/sideskirt" jobs in between. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The chasis number of my car is JH4NA1156MT800162. Any historic info on my car (which came without any documentation) would be greatly appreciated.
Btw, this car is fully accustomed to the Dutch climate, so it won't be going back to Canada anytime soon.

WOW!! The car looks awesome.

Another vote for white rims. It would complete the look. I personally wouldn't do anything to the engine until you own the car for a little while. If that engine was properly maintained then you have nothing to worry about. Instead - I would do headers, exhaust and leave it at that.

Too bad you didn't have this posted before July of this year. I was in Leiden the first week of July. It would have been great to visit.
IMO: Keep the rims the way they are.

Last edited:
You might want to check with some of the lads in the U.K. before you clain something like "closest Type-R conversion in Europe".

Cheers
nigel

Well, apart from the one real NSX-R in the UK (that has been in topgear), I'm not aware of any other NSX-R replica's, that look like mine, in the UK or anywhere else in Europe.
There is offcourse the 2 NSX's from Sweden and Finland, only they only did the NSX-R theme upto a certain extend, and than went towards "tuner" again. I specificaly didn't want anything "tuner", that's why it's called a replica, and doesn't have a wide bodykit. With the way the car currently looks, I can drive to Monaco, and park it next to the latest Maranello products, without being ashamed.
Another reason for going for the NSX-R theme, is that red is out (even for Ferrari) and white is popular for Sports / Super cars. As an alternative, I would have gone for Long beach blue, my favorite color, and definate choice if I had imported an NSX from the USA.

Last edited:
Another reason for going for the NSX-R theme, is that red is out (even for Ferrari) and white is popular for Sports / Super cars.

Quite right. Seems to be more and more hot white cars around. I wanted a white one too, but it was impossible to find. Then, second, a black one, also couldn't find one. I got a red one.

Looking at your excellent colour conversion from red to white in your photos, my mind is now thinking about the possibility to paint the entire car, like yours...Very impressive! Wow. :smile::smile:
Must have had to replace quite a lot of plastic clips on the body though.:eek:

I regularly drive up to Eindhoven and/or Waddinxveen from Namen or sometimes from Maastricht. Where do you live, we should meet. Otherwise I will try to be at Autotron, but I know that will be difficult for me.
Peter

That is such a thorough paint job that even if you ask the person to look for the old color, he would not find it. Excellent job.

Back