• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Input appreciated on pending purchase

My first post and indescribably happy to be here. Am strongly considering the following 2003 NSX: orange/orange, 14,500 mi., VIN JH4NA216X3T000090, clean Carfax, all original parts included; Comptech headers, Catback exhaust, cold air box installed. Mechanic independent eval excellent. Listed for $60,000 on Cars.com. What say you? Thanks!

What is a "cold air box"? If it is an aftermarket intake, have it changed back to the OEM air box. The OE is the most efficient air box for the NSX.

Imola is a nice color, seems like you have a very solid one there after the PPI.

Get the price down some....if you can, and buy it!

My first post and indescribably happy to be here. Am strongly considering the following 2003 NSX: orange/orange, 14,500 mi., VIN JH4NA216X3T000090, clean Carfax, all original parts included; Comptech headers, Catback exhaust, cold air box installed. Mechanic independent eval excellent. Listed for $60,000 on Cars.com. What say you? Thanks!

Rarest NSX color. BUY IT!!!!

From everything I have gleened from threads about "rare" colors and Imola orange is rare for sure makes this one, from all that you tell us here, a good buy! It may be had for less - but hey - remember a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The market will determine the "market price" - you may get it for a little less than 60 - most would surely try. Other cars that are not such a rare color like silver or black or red would hardly sell for that high price. We've seen that YEAR, year ok guys, go for a lot less. There are many examples that I've read about here on Prime.

Imola is rare - so who knows what this one is worth??? I personally, which makes no difference to anyone but me, would prefer a black interior on the car. Dealers sell for more than individuals usually. Small dealers do not usually have records - don't know where this one has been, how many owners, etc. Every car has a story - you find out what that story is - that's your job. Without history other than a carfax - which in my opinion is good for one thing - to tell you how many owners there have been. That's it. So try and find out where it's been, who the owner was, that's hard, and see if you can get some records and short of that you need a PPI. That's really the only recourse you have with these small time dealers - if that's what you have.

Is it worth 60, some on this site will tell you yes, others would be trying to get a better deal. Depends on what you want and what you are willing to pay and how good a shape it's in. Good luck to you.

Offer somewhere between $53-55K.

Steven Allen, tbromley,ImolaOrange03,mknmoves,Chopsjazz:

Thank you all for your input. I bought the car! My first NSX AND my first sports car. I have been researching sports cars through the various magazines and websites for over a year as well as test driving them, including the Corvette ZO6 and ZR1, Lotus Evora and Elise, Maserati Gran Turismo, Porsche Cayman S... it has been quite a journey. They all have their strong and weak points, and in part because I have no history of sports car ownership, the decision-making process was prolonged, but fun.

What I have gleaned from my reading and (brief) driving experience regarding the NSX is: excellent build quality, a bullet-proof engine, superior balance, and supercar looks. In the end, a recent chance encounter and a decade-ago first encounter with an NSX had significant influence in my decision to buy what I think is the only car that is in the same league as Ferrari in terms of eye-arresting body design. These days, especially, there is something to be said for owning a car that is so esthetically appealing.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting those of you who will attend NSXPO - I plan to be there.

Conrats on the Imola!! I know you got a great car, I hope you got a great deal!!:biggrin:

Congrats and please post some pics! :smile:

+1 on the cold air box. OEM intake is superior in terms of performance.

congrats!!! Buying was definitely the hardest part. It took me almost a year to find my 05 and am very happy with it.

good luck and post some pics

Way to go,buy the car and go to xpo:biggrin: Many happy miles. Consider doing the hpde at xpo as well.

:biggrin: Congratulations on your find, FranksNSX!

For some reason (?? geez, I wonder why??) I have kept a "running log" on 2002 and newer Imolas. Here's what I have an 3T90:

JH4NA216X3T000090 Shipped to McGrath Acura in IL, offered on e-bay mtrs 8-6-05 as item # 4566608362 with 6460 miles seller being in NYC/N Miami, Florida. Offered out of FL location, buy it now at $68,900. Kessler Motor Cars. Imola with orange 6 speed. History appears clean.

Enjoy!

Well Frank congratulations on purchasing a NSX let alone the very rare Imola NSX.

You'll want to check out these threads I created in order to help track these cars. Did you know that:

Your car is one of 9 manual 2003 Imola Cars! and 1 of 49 total Imola Orange cars imported into the U.S.

Imola Orange/Orange Interior Cars:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110396

There's another thread I created tracking the Imola NSX's with Black interior and only 8 were made. I owned the only 2002 Imola/Black but sold it to a collector in Hong Kong (don't ask yes I do regret it).

Enjoy NSX ownership and definitely attend NSXPO!

Hey! congrats on the car? I really want to see a Imola in person! Where in Texas are you? I'm from Austin. I just got my first NSX few weeks ago, 03 yellow! Best decision ever made =)

Congrats and welcome. Did you get close to the target price I denoted?

Way to go, Frank! Sounds like you really looked around a lot before choosing the NSX, and finding a good one, at that. My buddy, Hoa, has an '05 Imola/orange, here in So Cal. Here's a photo of his and mine, together...

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4423Hoas_PKsNSXs.jpg

FranksNSX - Still with us?

Imola Orange

Sorry for the break in responding. Your good wishes keep coming and frankly, I didn't expect that, but I sincerely appreciate everyone's enthusiasm. I have been busy making arrangements to pick up the car from its current owner, we have a date set soon. Photos will come as soon as possible. Until then, sweet anticipation...

Back