• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO Messiah exhaust review

Well, I have had the Messiah for a week now and figured it was time for a review. Hope this helps those that have asked for it.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
First off, I love it! I have heard some folks say that the local PD would pull them over if they had an exhaust that was as loud as this one. My local PD seems to be quite picky when it comes to these things; I have even seen stock Subarus get a ticket for being too loud. I sat next to two cops yesterday while out tooling around. When we accelerated from the stop light I deliberately shifted at or below 3000 rpm and not once did I gain the attention of the officer. Now, had I gone above 3k they would have most certainly pulled me over. I guess the point is if you aren’t blazing around town and are conscious of your surroundings, you wouldn’t have anything to worry about.
<o:p> </o:p>
I find myself driving the X more now than ever. I just go out in the garage start her up and take her for a quick spin… The sound is intoxicating. It is as close to a F1 car as anything I have heard on the street. I have heard the muscle car comparison at lower rpms but once it is above the 3k rpm range it really sings. Not too mention the extra little punch I feel when pushing the accelerator.
Drone is something that I know very little about. I am use to full blown race set ups so to me any exhaust at all seems reasonably quiet. The exhaust emits a vibration that is really only prevalent between 2500 and 3000 rpm. It doesn’t hurt your ears or make the interior of the car vibrate; you just feel it through the floorboard. When you let off the throttle, you experience a very pleasant sound (warble/rumble?) no weird noise there either. So as to if it drones, I don’t really know, draw your own conclusion from what I just stated. I did take a few people for a ride in the car and asked them if it droned and they said not that they noticed….
For those who are purchasing the exhaust, do note that upon cold start ups the exhaust is loud… once the temp is about a quarter of the way up the exhaust mellows out. I guess what I am saying is don’t let it scare you when you first install it.
The quality is excellent. The welds are perfect and the material used is second to none. While having mine instaled, there wasn’t even a lot of bitching when I changed the exhaust tip design. I was a pain in the ass because I only had one day to get all of these parts installed. I finally had the car delivered at 11 at night and Ross “threw” a couple of things in because he felt bad it took so long. Again that is after he and a couple of others worked on my car for 14 hours straight.
My seven hour trip home after what one of the welders at STMPO commented as having “bought the catalog” was one of the best drives I have ever taken. My car has the FSTB, the FCB, RSTB, brake ducts, and the MESSIAH exhaust. Not only was the ride better, but pressing the accelerator while going through the multiple canyons and passes on my way home brought a smile to my face every time. :biggrin:

Back