• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power-Craft "Active" Exhaust

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
I've been following this exhaust for a while but I haven't heard any news lately. Any word on further development on this?

http://www.power-craft.jp/base11.html

0030022500qaaimage0.jpg
00299225001poimage1.jpg

I have an idea for an exhaust like that but without all the extra weight. I'm just waiting on getting some money saved up for a welder to give it a shot.

Basically it would be like a GruppeM exhaust, only get rid of one of the mufflers and put an electric valve in it's place. So one side would have a nice quiet muffler, and the other side would be a straight pipe or small muffler and an electric valve.

htup_0712_19_z_1993_acura_nsx_gruppem+under_car_titanium_exhaust_jrz_coilovers_gruppem_rear_bumper.jpg

b0030022500qaaimage0.jpg

b00299225001poimage1.jpg

Why do they route the straight piping through a different set of tips? I feel like they could accomplish the setup with just one set of tips.

Why do they route the straight piping through a different set of tips? I feel like they could accomplish the setup with just one set of tips.
I would agree with you. This is a prototype it looks like.. I wouldn't be surprised if it changes.

Another interesting thing I noticed was that the "straight pipe" section from the front cyl bank dumps out the passenger side of the car but the "muffled" portion exits on the drivers side... Waaaaaay too much piping in my opinion but I could rationalize them experimenting a little on pipe length, diameters, and x-pipes... since they're not advertising this as a finished product i'll reserve judgement :smile:.

I have an idea for an exhaust like that but without all the extra weight. I'm just waiting on getting some money saved up for a welder to give it a shot.

Basically it would be like a GruppeM exhaust, only get rid of one of the mufflers and put an electric valve in it's place. So one side would have a nice quiet muffler, and the other side would be a straight pipe or small muffler and an electric valve.
Good idea! I've also thought about similar configurations. For some reason I always end up at a single HF cat, one bypass actuator, and a center exit setup... oh wait.. this is what Mac Attack has done! It really is unnecessary to have a twin setup for everything and for me it would simply be for looks if I went this route.

EDIT: Sorry for the OT but sweet baby Jesus... I want a Gallardo just for this exhaust.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8mHJT1jAvII&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=ja_JP&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8mHJT1jAvII&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=ja_JP&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back