• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Apr gtc-300/500 any review?

Evasivemotorsport have it at $1189 free shipping..best price I could find so far.

Dan,
I knew u were talking about the universal one..I just want to point out the specific one on bay that are made for our car to compare prices.

Evasivemotorsport have it at $1189 free shipping..best price I could find so far.

Dan,
I knew u were talking about the universal one..I just want to point out the specific one on bay that are made for our car to compare prices.

Oh yes, I did have that one favorited on my computer too, I think that was the best price I could find as well. Other prices around the 1100 mark didn't include shipping yet. And gotcha on that ebay thing.

And I don't know about these wings, that look kind of like the APR one, but Bat might you be able to chime in on them? Say if they perhaps even had the same width between stands so as to be able to mount to the NSX. This is why I was curious to see what your measurement for stand width separation was as well.. just exploring my options ;)

http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda...s/carbon_fiber_wings/d-drug/ddru00060887.html

http://www.intensepower.com/dd3dgtblk.html

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/67-UNIVERSAL-Carbon-fiber-GT-Wing-Track-Specs-Drift-T-/320440584434

They look really similar, though the price is obviously different, probably for a good reason, or maybe just for brand name, who knows.

-Dan

Last edited:
Also, would it be possible to let us know what the distance between the stands are for your NSX specific APR GTC 300? I just wanted to compare that to some other options if perhaps I wanted to check out a wing that looks just like the APR ones but from a different brand as well since those other brands are all universal and not NSX specific.

The stands are toed out from APR to fit the factory bolt locations.

Front bolt is just shy of 46"~ apart
Rear bolt is 44"~ apart

The stands are toed out from APR to fit the factory bolt locations.

Front bolt is just shy of 46"~ apart
Rear bolt is 44"~ apart

Oh okay, so do you think that's the only modification they've made to make it work for our car from the universal version? In any case, this is all very useful information. Thank you for fielding all our questions thus far. I have access to machine shops from time to time and may consider certain options based on what I can modify/create on my own. Thanks again!

-Dan

And I don't know about these wings, that look kind of like the APR one, but Bat might you be able to chime in on them? Say if they perhaps even had the same width between stands so as to be able to mount to the NSX. This is why I was curious to see what your measurement for stand width separation was as well.. just exploring my options ;)

http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda...s/carbon_fiber_wings/d-drug/ddru00060887.html

http://www.intensepower.com/dd3dgtblk.html

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/67-UNIVERSAL-Carbon-fiber-GT-Wing-Track-Specs-Drift-T-/320440584434

They look really similar, though the price is obviously different, probably for a good reason, or maybe just for brand name, who knows.

-Dan

I wouldn't touch any of those universal ones nor would I endorse them.

APR is one of maybe 2 makers that have SCCA approved spoilers.

In other words they are high quality and less likely to tear off in a high speed turn like this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKMp5LBiafY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKMp5LBiafY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited:
Oh okay, so do you think that's the only modification they've made to make it work for our car from the universal version? In any case, this is all very useful information. Thank you for fielding all our questions thus far. I have access to machine shops from time to time and may consider certain options based on what I can modify/create on my own. Thanks again!

-Dan

i think it's smarter to spend the $$$$ for a NSX specific spoiler.

Less likely to get sued for it coming off like in the video.

Dan,

the both of u should contact apr directly for a "group buy"

tell them that I referred u. I dealt with Peter on other cars too.

u can remind Peter with my pics.

I wouldn't touch any of those universal ones nor would I endorse them.

APR is one of maybe 2 makers that have SCCA approved spoilers.

In other words they are high quality and less likely to tear off in a high speed turn like this:

Point made, looks like the universal spoiler he used was pretty crappy haha. looks like he at least survived that crash but, still pretty scary.

Alright, but it looks like I'm just going to save up for the real deal thin, and specific for the NSX one as well.

-Danie

Point made, looks like the universal spoiler he used was pretty crappy haha. looks like he at least survived that crash but, still pretty scary.

Alright, but it looks like I'm just going to save up for the real deal thin, and specific for the NSX one as well.

-Danie

Good thing I don't need any parts from u or else I would have said, "go ahead, that universal spoiler is splendid."

He survived alright ( to crash more ).

Good thing I don't need any parts from u or else I would have said, "go ahead, that universal spoiler is splendid."

He survived alright ( to crash more ).

Haha nice. I really wish you could buy the 300 with the solid metal stands like I showed you in a previous post.

I know that Jim (Coz) actually had a GTC 500 which has a less aggresive rake for stability at higher speeds, but then he took off an inch and a half from each end to make it a 67 inch spoiler instead of the original 70 inch. Have you had any experience with the 500 at all to compare to the 300?

-Dan

Last edited:
I got the wing Coz had, and I really like it. Didn't know it was shortened, but regardless, I can feel the back end start to squat down a little at 100. That's even with a vented hood and a front lip that protrudes about 1.5 inches. Next steps are to seal the front undertray and make a radiator duct.

I got the wing Coz had, and I really like it. Didn't know it was shortened, but regardless, I can feel the back end start to squat down a little at 100. That's even with a vented hood and a front lip that protrudes about 1.5 inches. Next steps are to seal the front undertray and make a radiator duct.

exactly,without a wind tunnel we are using the butt aero meter:rolleyes: but my brain is telling me you would have to at least do everthing you are and then extend that front splitter another inch:wink:

my brain is telling me you would have to at least do everthing you are and then extend that front splitter another inch:wink:

Or maybe we can just do what this guy did ;)

scion+tc+race+car+with+front+wing1248450156.jpg

Jim is the only reason why my attention's been brought to that spoiler. I knew it existed, but have never really seen it pulled off so well until Jim had it on his monstrosity of a car that he calls his own (I mean that in a good way). I think his (yours) sits just the right height above the back end of the vehicle. Do you know how tall those stands are by any chance?

-Dan

Last edited:
had mine a couple weeks. just orderd a 3" riser for it, I think it at 13" right now.

69881_1451115486756_1499327365_30995375_1999243_n.jpg

Last edited:
Haha nice. I really wish you could buy the 300 with the solid metal stands like I showed you in a previous post.

I know that Jim (Coz) actually had a GTC 500 which has a less aggresive rake for stability at higher speeds, but then he took off an inch and a half from each end to make it a 67 inch spoiler instead of the original 70 inch. Have you had any experience with the 500 at all to compare to the 300?

-Dan

The only thing that I wish I had that the GTC500 possessed was more width so that the wing was nearly flushed with the NSX from quarter panel to quarter panel.

I never had first had experience with the 500.

So is the gtc 300 to much downforce for driving over 120mph? I woundeer what it would do to the top speed of the car?

probaly reduce do to drag

the 300 has an efficiency range between 40 and 160 MPH

the 500 has an efficiency range between 50 and 180

see the "recommended vehicle types" from this link:
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=45

It will reduce the top speed if you don't have any power mods to compensate for it.

When I first started out playing around with spoilers I ordered from APR the traditional double-decker "king of wings".

It was wider than the RX7.

The older designs seem to like a clean jet stream, so I had custom stands made for it.

The newer designs where there is a fold in the center portion of the spoiler is designed so that it sits below the roofline in order to catch the jet stream as it comes down. This allows for less drag.

batman43.jpg

And WOW, the amount of downforce inspired handling at speeds that I have never experienced. I was sold on spoilers. Ones that actually worked.

Last edited:
Well instead of flooding Coz with pm, maybe he will see this thread and chime in. :wink:

This wing keep growing on me every minute.

Honda_RJJ,
Did u buy the riser directly from apr website under their wing accessories?

ok so there are 2 risers available both @ $75 each. 2" and 3" ..does it make a different which one you get? or is it just personal choice??

ok so there are 2 risers available both @ $75 each. 2" and 3" ..does it make a different which one you get? or is it just personal choice??

If i had to do it again i would do the 3" risers just to get that extra inch in the air and to make sure i can see the police lights on their roof.

Back