• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spool valve connectors

I have been at this for nearly 2 hours.

I cannot disconnect the green connector from the spool valve. Attached is a pic from another member, but someone please tell me what the trick is to doing this correctly, do I stick a screw driver into "1" or into "2". This shouldn't be this difficult. Its not seized, it wiggles, but I think I'm still not engaging something correctly.

Attachments

• DSCF3435.jpg
    DSCF3435.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 101
Grab the electrical connector, push as if you were pushing it on to the spool valve connector, push hard, then push down on item 2 (in the picture) and the connector will pull off.
Brad

You can use a flat screwdriver to twist if you insert it between the connetcor and the plug but be forewarned - you can also break the switch.

OLDMNSX
incredible suggestions, took 2 seconds to take it off now, geeez Louiz! after 2 hours of struggling, I feel like such a fool..
Angus,
thankfully I didn't break the sensor, I never got a Code 21 or 22, so I'm assuming sensor is operational.

Thank you, mission completed.

Don't forget to loosen the top bolts before you remover the spool valve. It's easier to take the top off and replace that gasket if you loosen them first.
happy Motoring!

Don't forget to loosen the top bolts before you remover the spool valve. It's easier to take the top off and replace that gasket if you loosen them first.
happy Motoring!

Great tip. I had to learn this the hard way.

No biggie, I just put them in a vise and used my air gun. But, your advice makes a lot of sense.

Back