• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Setup for my NSX coupe

I am doing a few mods to my NSX. I currently have installed ...the bottom type r chassis bar installed. ...Parts that I have but are not installed but will be soon are the top type r chassis bar. A carbing rear strut bar. .......

I also wanted to get a front strut bar but if I'm gonna lose one of the wipers, I don't want it and I think they are way to expensive.

Forget the front strut bar, the two Type R bars will more than suffice. After researching the issue, I decided that there is little benefit over the two Type R bars even if you plan on tracking your car (I do - a lot).

What is the benefit of the engine damper? btw I love your setup. You chose some of the best looking rims out. They actually enhance the look of your car unlike most.

I sold my engine damper because it would not fit with my carbing rear strut bar. With a lowered car you always have to be careful but the the car does bottom out over large bumps so I try to avoid them if possible.

Brought my car to Ben at Daisys to get some more work done. Broke my door handle and had to buy a new one. It was the actually handle that broke and not the latch. I bought both latches anyway. Also instead of paying $200 for one OEM plastic handle, I bought the SOS billet handles for $340. Pricey but they look awesome and will never break. Just got my car back yesterday. Ben installed the handles for me along with my new pedals. Also had SS brake lines installed. Ben took care of everything. From new timing belt and water pump(3 years ago), complete new suspension install(1 year ago), and complete new braking system installed(1year ago). Ben is awesome. The only thing that I have not have changed and I hopefully will not need this for a long while will be a new clutch. Also I installed some senna decals in tribute to the great man himself. The only other things I would like to do to my car is sometime in the winter I would like to tint my windows a little bit and if one should pop up for a good deal, a downforce rear valance or a OEM 02 valance.
069-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

072-1.jpg

Brought my car to Ben at Daisys to get some more work done. Broke my door handle and had to buy a new one. It was the actually handle that broke and not the latch. I bought both latches anyway. Also instead of paying $200 for one OEM plastic handle, I bought the SOS billet handles for $340. Pricey but they look awesome and will never break. .
069-1.jpg

Curse you.......now I want one of mine to break so I can install these aluminum handles. They look great. :biggrin:

I cannot say if the handles get hot in the sun because I just got my car back the other day. I am sure they will get warm. The shift knob gets crazy hot. That is one reason I am thinking of tinting my windows. Tinting looks cool and is supposed to help keep the interior cooler.

Did you do an engine swap? What year is your car?
I'm pretty sure he has a NA2 coupe

According to CL65Captain, there is more to the story
Toth brothers aka EZR cars is/was a salvage yard. The car had a salvage title and also if your car had 18k on the odometer it's been rolled back/gauge cluster replaced because it had....

3158_1206099018.jpg

http://www.nsxtrader.com/details.php?id=3158

And then there is the question of whether or not it is even a 1998? :eek:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90216

Yes, he was a nice guy because he was taking you to the cleaners. Does it at least have a 3.2L in it or do you even know? Sounds like you got 3 or 4 cars (put together) for the price of 1. :redface:

I don't know, what's a mystery year NSX, with mystery miles, with mismatched VIN, salvaged title and parts from multiple cars worth? Certainly not the $35k he was asking in 2007.

My 2000 doesn't have the blue line on the bottom of the water temp (it's white). Anyone know what year they stopped putting the blue line?

Last edited:
Really lol. True or not. I am very happy with my car. I am a car enthusiast and the value of money for objects or materials doesn't mean much to me. I am thankful for what I have. My car is mechanically perfect, handled by the best nsx tech on the DC area who calls my car a jewel. If the story is true. Those guys are saints in my book. People who bring back amazing cars from the junk is awesome. I own a 1963 VW beetle that was junk and now outguns my NSX with monster motor. My fathers 1985 Lamborghini Jalpa that was sitting in a garage for 15 years to rust away. Are you telling me a episode ff car warriors or Chip Foose where a beater NSX is brought back would not interest you. A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO totaled in a junkyard, restored to new condition and sells at a auction for $22 million. Maybe I should sell my so called salvage nsx and buy a junker Ferrari and be rich. Oh wait aren't 90% of classic cars salvaged from a junkyard. Offer me a 0 mile 2005 NSX or a brand new 2015 NSX and I'll stick with my 1998 or whatever year, because I drive and enjoy it and not have it as a museum piece hoping it will be worth something.

Last edited:
you don't need to defend your purchase....even frankenstein got some love:tongue:....but I hope as do the many members here who care about future buyers that the full history of the car will be passed on if you sell.

009.jpgLong time since I posted in my page. Updates on my car since I last posted. I have a WHITENSXs HID low and high beam kit, love this kit and the best mod I have done to the car. I changed the side front markers to 194 super bright LEDS so it matches my HIDS nicely. I just installed today Ikonik LED kit to the interior, trunk and back plate and I love them. Just need to do the tail lights with LEDs and down the road to match the rest of the car. Recently I installed a JETS 02 style rear valance. Installed S2carbonworks radiator screen and brackets. I am looking forward to add LEDs to the tail lights. I never installed the NSX R upper chassis bar. Might get one down the road. Bad picture of the rear valance. I will take a better pic when there is no snow outside and I can wash my car. 5 degrees outside.
237.jpg
009.jpg

Last edited:
Decided upon it and bought something I always wanted for my car. Expensive yes but will look awesome. A downforce engine cover with smoked lexan. Wanted one for years and finally pulled the trigger. Also bought a set of downforce brake deflectors.

Finally installed the upper type r bar. What a pain it was. I used the radiator push back method. My arms are bruised from the cutting. Used card board in front of the radiator. Took forever but I am happy I installed it myself. The cutting was kinda sloppy but its installed.
250.jpg
251.jpg

Back