• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Looking good. I had no idea that kit was available to fix rear camber. Going to have to look into getting one of those.

Thank you man! Yes it is a game changer for sure. Richard Wong [MENTION=9191]03 raw nsx[/MENTION] was diligent in recreating the kit that was originally produced by Thom Ayotte. You can contact him here or email [email protected]

Just be aware that your aggressive te37 WILL POKE after the install :eek::cool:

Thanks..Mexi. You're killing it with what you have done to your car :biggrin::biggrin:

Nothing major to update the thread with yet, but I did recently have major service done on the motor.

Upon the purchase of my NSX back in 2011, the service records that accompanied it stacked up beautifully. It was basically gone over 100% in 2007 by the previous owner. Fast forward to 2017, I knew that the car was due for a major maintenance overhaul, not due to mileage but based on time. I called up Tito Ramon at Niguel Motors and explained to him my situation. For anyone that knows him, of course he replied to me with, “just draib et!” So I took his advice and did just that. Now it’s 2019 and I had been collecting OEM replacement parts in preparation for the service, over the last year. After Westfest, my car was now at 116k mi and I wanted to get the major service done. My buds Ryan and Nemo had recently taken their NSXs to Muse Auto Project out in South Gate, CA and had high praise for their work. There was a slot available for me to bring my car in and pick it up in a few days, talk about quick turn around!

Below is my list of recent maintenance I’ve had done, the most recent of course being the major service overhaul.

Maintenance at 107k
Oil change 10w30 valvoline full synthetic
All coolant hoses (21) $322.21
Radiator $430
Thermostat $31.26
Labor $250

Maintenance at 114,650k
CV Boot Set $25.50
Honda MTF $16.17
Oil seals $10.20
Dorman lug studs (rear) $21.42
Pennzoil ultra plat $30
Labor $250
Total $353.29

Major maintenance 116k
Timing belt $149
Water pump $268.75
Crankshaft pulley $269
OEM LMA 14820-PCB-305 $147
Timing tensioner $120
Timing belt adjuster $2
Valve cover gasket set $108
A/c belt $6
Alternator belt $6
Oil pump gasket $9
Vtec solenoid gaskets $36
Cam plugs $27
Cam seals $25
Cam cap seals $37.14
Cam cap oil jet seals $37.14
OEM Honda coolant $37.14
Motul RBF600 $37.14
Fuel filter $37.14
A/C Tensioner pulley $37.14
Intake Manifold gasket set $37.14
Valve adjustment
RFY air intake filter cleaning
Check vvis plate screws
Labor $2,000
Total $3,432.75

Just before going up on the lift!

CeS5ilT.jpg

Now that I think about it, this definitely is a 'major' update :tongue:

Last edited:
awesome. Now you can draib et knowing it is really for more.
Also, thanks for posting the prices. It will be interesting to see how labor and parts rates go over time. Now go put some miles on those new parts. :)

Peace of mind and a fair price. Now "just draib et"!

Yes, truer words have never been spoken!! Lol... How much do you miss Ramon now that you're in AZ?

I agree. I had the same service done at Source1 last summer. Car looks great as always

Thank you man! Gotta do our part as owners to keep these beautiful vehicles on the road and everlasting. Now we can drive for at least 10 years worry free.

Car always looking good?!!

Sometimes yes sometimes no!! Lol... Thanks Roderick!

awesome. Now you can draib et knowing it is really for more.
Also, thanks for posting the prices. It will be interesting to see how labor and parts rates go over time. Now go put some miles on those new parts. :)

I was debating on deleting the figures but said ehhh what the hell.... Already, timing belt and water pump has gone way up. Also, I'm not sure if the LMA come as a complete set anymore through the OEM parts vendor I purchased from.

Finally finished my final form set of Te37 in 16/17 :redface:

NbMMGna.jpg

M7J9VlH.jpg

eWaTJ2f.jpg

Ready for a fun so cal nsx drive up through Ojai in a couple weeks, cant wait!

Soo nice!! How does your front lip hold up?!!

I have a lowered van.. that is driven everywhere ... the lip completely ripped off this weekend and destroyed the splash guard. This is my 3rd lip/bumper on the van.

Soo nice!! How does your front lip hold up?!!

I have a lowered van.. that is driven everywhere ... the lip completely ripped off this weekend and destroyed the splash guard. This is my 3rd lip/bumper on the van.

Thx man!!! The OEM lip holds up extremely well... the thing can take a beating! Keep in mind I also have a cup kit up front. The KSP lip I had earlier last year is now resting in pieces, sadly. Even with the cup kit, I managed to break it over time. I'll stay OEM for a while until I get bored and go with something aftermarket.

Thx man!!! The OEM lip holds up extremely well... the thing can take a beating! Keep in mind I also have a cup kit up front. The KSP lip I had earlier last year is now resting in pieces, sadly. Even with the cup kit, I managed to break it over time. I'll stay OEM for a while until I get bored and go with something aftermarket.

Oh maybe I need a cup kit for the van lol. My Prius is also lowered and I’m on my second lip.. but probably going to sell that soon, so not going to get it fixed.

Makes me want to go 16/17 lol

You dont have a cup system on your NSX? Stance makes it real easy to find the proper sized cups for your coilovers, just need shaft diameter. I'd recommend against using their fittings and 3-way valve system though as it has been known to fail over time. I have all brass parker legris stuff on my kit, no issues.

I don’t.. unfortunately the coilovers I have going on are not straight springs. The springs are wider on the top, so cups won’t work.

I don’t.. unfortunately the coilovers I have going on are not straight springs. The springs are wider on the top, so cups won’t work.

Ahhhh, your set up uses progressive springs as opposed to linear. What coil-overs? The kw variant 1 on my Em1 use progressive springs.

Well, after a year of having this little guy hanging on the wall in my garage, I finally installed it lol... Had been waiting to have maintenance completed before installation! Buttoned it down this past Saturday, just in time for Sunday's so cal canyon run #STMPOsaturday

U8UqrYy.jpg

lF06gXh.jpg

After having spent the last several months fine tuning my car's suspension and wheel/tire set up, I was finally able to put it to the test. Yesterday, the so cal nsx group gathered in Malibu at 7am where we then hit Latigo canyon and then Hwy 33 to Ojai. Thank you Lesly [MENTION=24308]LMR[/MENTION] for assembling these epic drives :D. The car handled absolutely amazing and I really felt the added benefit of the non-compliance front lower bearings; combined with the ad08r, I felt in COMPLETE control of the car with the road in my hands.

WZKXJQV.jpg

Lesly's black on black murder mobile

6QCyGtb.jpg

Jimbo's beautiful 97 gpw [MENTION=25869]flexthatdx[/MENTION]

ec9bmzo.jpg

B nitro's black 91 sitting pretty on bronze ce28 over tarox bbk. The orange calipers look amazing.

OrxuGDN.jpg

Akbar's wanna be type-s parked in front of Danny Tang's yellow and next to Chris [MENTION=17443]JUNIOR11X[/MENTION]

9vy5BEP.jpg

The aftermath: Akbar's Na2 c00000p next to my brake caked MCB #worthit [MENTION=33027]Arkaid[/MENTION]

Nice pics Bobert [MENTION=25247]MexiRicer[/MENTION] You'll have to lead the next drive to really test out the new mods.

I can attest to Mexi’s car handling like it’s on rails... I was behind him for a few legs and it was fun to watch him go through the twisties. It definitely made me realize the limits of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a good time! Wish we had roads Ike that in Florida!!

I just saw your question. I’m wanting to put spoon coilovers on.

Nice pics Bobert @MexiRicer You'll have to lead the next drive to really test out the new mods.

Impossible. Grandpa leads the way.

Bumpstop boys!

Baahahahahaha

hqdefault.jpg

I can attest to Mexi’s car handling like it’s on rails... I was behind him for a few legs and it was fun to watch him go through the twisties. It definitely made me realize the limits of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riley! Great to meet you man... Whoa, someone had been lurking prime for YEARS!! Glad to know you finally came around and made the purchase :D I never took you for the bandwagon type but with that handle from '05, no doubt you're a die hard Clipper fan :smile: see you on the next one!

Looks like a good time! Wish we had roads Ike that in Florida!!

I just saw your question. I’m wanting to put spoon coilovers on.

I'm sure there are some nice roads, probably hidden! Isn't there a group of you guys in FL that organize group runs and such?

As for spoon coilovers, I know you want them to complete your spoon theme but beware those puppies are HARSH! Something like 12k/14k. Most JDM coilovers have crazy high rates. If you dont mind then go for it!

New year new shoes!

W4b7XKE.jpg

AJGVh38.jpg

d6gw8RC.jpg

NAdCwJI.jpg

XjIkcRW.jpg

Found a new pair of original te37 in 16x8.5 et30 then sent the pair to weldcraft in Michigan to cut and resize to 7.75 width. Found a used pair of 17x9 et15 for my rear. Need to dail in camber so that is next on my to do list. Ended up powdercoating the wheels crystal grey metallic by prismatic powders and am very satisfied.

thats crazy!!!! I think I should sell my Ridgeline for a raptor now.....

I'm sure there are some nice roads, probably hidden! Isn't there a group of you guys in FL that organize group runs and such?

As for spoon coilovers, I know you want them to complete your spoon theme but beware those puppies are HARSH! Something like 12k/14k. Most JDM coilovers have crazy high rates. If you dont mind then go for it!

Nice roads? They are flat. Lol the highest hills here are made of garbage. Lol
But yes, there are group drives organized for a few windy roads here.. just can’t imagine doing a canyon run!!!

I’m not skerred for a stiff ride. Stiff is good [emoji8] lol

thats crazy!!!! I think I should sell my Ridgeline for a raptor now.....

Not a bad upgrade

Nice roads? They are flat. Lol the highest hills here are made of garbage. Lol
But yes, there are group drives organized for a few windy roads here.. just can’t imagine doing a canyon run!!!

I’m not skerred for a stiff ride. Stiff is good [emoji8] lol

Well next time you plan on visiting cali maybe we can arrange it so that it lands on a weekend we have a drive planned out ;)

About your preferences on the stiffy.... tmi :tongue:

Last year over the summer, I completed a Stance air cup upgrade (cups only). I don't know why I never updated my thread with the progress, probably busy helping other owners with their kits on the facebook group pages... Anyways... here it is...

Back from the dead. My kw v3 setip
isnt as low as I’d like. At full droop the helper spring is very very close to hitting the control arm. Has anyone run the v3 without the helper spring? Or lowered them to the point where the helper spring comes in contact with the control arm when at full stoop (on a lift)

The solution to this is simple. As you are lowering the perch and as it is approaching the control arm, grab another jack and lift the lower control arm from the lower ball joint area, slowly, as to create more clearance for the perch to be swiveled down more. Once you reach desired height, be aware the at full droop your perch collar WILL come in contact with the control arm. It will not damage anything significantly to affect safety or performance.

CLIFFNOTES for those that get lost in the above:

-Lower ride heights need stiffer spring rates to stay out of the bumpstop.
-Cutting down the bumpstop or shortening the damper body is the only way to get more suspension travel (all the examples above bottom the damper out before the spring coilbinds)
-If you want your KW V3 lower than the stock setup where the spring perch hits the upper control arm:
-----Use a shorter spring and increase spring rate at least to 457lbs. 514lbs or 571lbs (like NSX-R) would be preferable over the stock V3's 343lbs.

This is literally EXACTLY what I did. My first cup kit set up, back in 2014, utilized 65mm ID, 8kg, 5.5in swift springs on the front of my KWv3. Because the KW spring ID is 61mm, there needed to be a spring reducer at the bottom perch to compensate for the bigger ID. I was advised to use a delrin reducer that sat on top of the OE kw helper, replacing the stock yellow kw spring reducer entirely, which worked fine. Over time and after much use, the delrin reducer ended up cracking. Around this time I had gone with 16/17 wheel set up and needed more lift than what I was running at the time. I decided to hop on the bandwagon and buy a pair of Stance cups due to their lift capability (~3.5 inches vs my previous ~2in) I decided to go back to the stock yellow kw spring reducer but I had some delrin/acetal washers made to fit around it. I was told this is beneficial for the health of the pistons inside the cups, as to prevent/reduce coil binding.

5Zha3gs.jpg

2fAGSd9.jpg

r2AiLxj.jpg

After mounting everything in, I was not too comfortable with the way the Swift spring sat over the stock yellow kw spring reducer. This is okay for the struts w/o air cups but I figured it would be better to have the main spring sitting flat at all times as to prevent premature scouring along the inner walls of the air cups (I imagine slightly uneven compressed weight sliding up and down inside the cup was not a good thing). I went ahead and disassembled it again and this time went with the KW club-sport spring 8kg (rate), 140mm (height), 61mm (inner diameter). I also replaced the stock yellow kw helper spring with a 61mm ID one from Hyperco. The design allows the main spring to sit completely flat once fully compressed. Here is a picture of assembly, I do not have a picture on hand whilst fully compressed.

yzi7fxZ.jpg

I know this doesn't relate entirely to OP or the question asked by @JJM4life but figured I'd post this here in case it can help someone.

Back