• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

there is a pill for that.....your car really highlights that the nsx looks more balanced and symmetric with a 16/17 wheel....I think this push to 18/19 looks awkward..imo...

Car looks awesome and your selection of wheels always wants me to change mine! Also makes me want to lower my car just for the pics lol

Thank you Nemo-san [MENTION=21934]nsxnemo[/MENTION] for helping me install front and rear spoon sports rigid collars over the past weekend. We were able to finish the install in one sunday with an hour break for some delicious “hood” bbq from Robert Earls in Long Beach 😍. Will report back with feedback once I get the car algined and hit a so cal nsx canyon run 👍🏽

z9v39ms.jpg

zYVUUH6.jpg

6F7UraU.jpg

7cWNVHP.jpg

New year new shoes!

W4b7XKE.jpg

AJGVh38.jpg

d6gw8RC.jpg

NAdCwJI.jpg

XjIkcRW.jpg

Found a new pair of original te37 in 16x8.5 et30 then sent the pair to weldcraft in Michigan to cut and resize to 7.75 width. Found a used pair of 17x9 et15 for my rear. Need to dail in camber so that is next on my to do list. Ended up powdercoating the wheels crystal grey metallic by prismatic powders and am very satisfied.

Last edited:
New year new shoes!

W4b7XKE.jpg

AJGVh38.jpg

d6gw8RC.jpg

NAdCwJI.jpg

Found a new pair of original te37 in 16x8.5 et30 then sent the pair to weldcraft in Michigan to cut and resize to 7.75 width. Found a used pair of 17x9 et15 for my rear. Need to dail in camber so that is next on my to do list. Ended up powdercoating the wheels crystal grey metallic by prismatic powders and am very satisfied.

Wow nice! Rebarelled te37?!!

Wow nice! Rebarelled te37?!!

Thanks Roderick! No, not rebarreled per say. I had the barrels cut so that 3/4” of material could be removed then welded back together. This sounds sacrilege to do on forged bnib te37 but I wanted concave fronts and on 16” I sort of didnt have any other option. I dont like the way tires look on 16x8.5 esp since I dont want to run r comps. Here are some photos of the salvage title wheels :redface:

fvyRjMy.jpg

8Ht3l2F.jpg

SldhHnM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Roderick! No, not rebarreled per say. I had the barrels cut so that 3/4” of material could be removed then welded back together. This sounds sacrilege to do on forged bnib te37 but I wanted concave fronts and on 16” I sort of didnt have any other option. I dont like the way tires look on 16x8.5 esp since I dont want to run r comps. Here are some photos of the salvage title wheels :redface:

fvyRjMy.jpg

[/FONT]
8Ht3l2F.jpg

[/FONT]
SldhHnM.jpg

[/FONT]

Whoa?!!!!!

Cool. It's basically the reverse of rebarreled wheels. I have two 17x9 wheels that i will like to cut .5 inches... if you don't mind me asking what was the price for such process? I can also pm you if you don't want to spill the beans.

@Professor X 175/ea not including shipping. Weldcraft is highly reputable and I actually got the idea from another prime member, Jeff M, that has a high HP lovefab turbo'd NSX and he had them add 1.25" to his advan RS rears. I figured if he has this done on his rears and he is turbo'd, it surely should be safer to have this done on my fronts and since i downsized, there is only one weld, not two like on his.

@Professor X 175/ea not including shipping. Weldcraft is highly reputable and I actually got the idea from another prime member, Jeff M, that has a high HP lovefab turbo'd NSX and he had them add 1.25" to his advan RS rears. I figured if he has this done on his rears and he is turbo'd, it surely should be safer to have this done on my fronts and since i downsized, there is only one weld, not two like on his.

Wow that’s it?! That’s pretty good.

Thanks... the welds look great. I don't see any reason at all for any failures especially after being welded on both sides

Car looks great. Weldcraft facility is about 10 mins from my home. They are well known for quality wheel repair/modifications, I remember Jeff sending his wheels there.

I want to know more about the Toyota truck in the pics above. :tongue:

Did you happen to weigh them pre- and post resize? Probably negligible but interesting nonetheless

Aghhhh I thought about that too once I received them back lol. I should have huh. Oh well....

Wow that’s it?! That’s pretty good.

Yeah man I was surprised! Here in so cal literally no one wanted to touch them so I said screw it, send to the masters at Weld Craft. No issues balancing or driving btw.

Thanks... the welds look great. I don't see any reason at all for any failures especially after being welded on both sides

My thought process as well.

Car looks great. Weldcraft facility is about 10 mins from my home. They are well known for quality wheel repair/modifications, I remember Jeff sending his wheels there.

Yup! After chatting with Jeff about the company and the history he has had with them, I felt even more comfortable sending them my wheels. Darn, I could have messaged you to walk over and check up on my wheels for me :tongue:

Wheels look great! Can you provide any feedback on the spoon sports rigid collars?

Thank you man! For my application, the spoon rigid collars provided me zero benefit. I do not track the car or push it beyond limits in the canyons. Keep in mind, I installed Cedar Ridge non compliance rear rigid toe links and beam bushings back in 2015, which provided a tremendous positive driving response and experience. Perhaps a car that has no rear chassis modifications and installs the collars may feel more of a change in driving dynamic? I still doubt it, but it is a great product in theory.

I want to know more about the Toyota truck in the pics above. :tongue:

LOL. Actually, if you go visit Roger soon, you will see it parked right in across the street from his home! :wink:

LOL. Actually, if you go visit Roger soon, you will see it parked right in across the street from his home! :wink:

Oh it's Roger's, then never mind. :biggrin:

Back