• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best solution to cover antenna hole after removal?

How about at least installing a Shark Attack 2? IMO the car is too nice to leave a plug or grommet, regardless of the weight. At least with this unit you will reduce some of the weight since there is no motor or retractable mast.

mini_shark_kit.png

Last edited:
Honda OEM 82871-671-000 GROMMET (25MM)

no glue required

Price was around $2.60

6344623742_f62dd69cb3_b.jpg

Last edited:
C'mon now guys, the grommet thing really doesn't look so hot. That would look really off of you had any other color besides black. I'd say just leave the antenna down...just my opinion.

C'mon now guys, the grommet thing really doesn't look so hot. That would look really off of you had any other color besides black. I'd say just leave the antenna down...just my opinion.

Looks better then a 5ft pole, weighs less, and is just as noticeable as the antenna being down.

I completely removed my stereo about four years ago... yes, to save weight even on a daily-driver. The intake/engine/exhaust is all I need.

I just cut a thin piece of lexan to fit the hole, then spray painted red underneath it. The lexan provides some UV protection and gloss. Then, I just put it on double-sided tape to a larger piece, and stuck the whole thing under the hole so my painted lexan piece pops through.

It was cheap, easy, and just took a little bit of time. Not quite "shaved," but I'm not ready for major body work yet.

This is basically after three years of sitting in the SC sun so it is a little faded. I haven't polished or waxed the car in the past year either so it needs a bit of cleaning up to shine more.

Dave

Plug.JPG

I completely removed my stereo about four years ago... yes, to save weight even on a daily-driver. The intake/engine/exhaust is all I need.

I just cut a thin piece of lexan to fit the hole, then spray painted red underneath it. The lexan provides some UV protection and gloss. Then, I just put it on double-sided tape to a larger piece, and stuck the whole thing under the hole so my painted lexan piece pops through.

It was cheap, easy, and just took a little bit of time. Not quite "shaved," but I'm not ready for major body work yet.

This is basically after three years of sitting in the SC sun so it is a little faded. I haven't polished or waxed the car in the past year either so it needs a bit of cleaning up to shine more.

Dave

Plug.JPG

Funny, I have done the exact same thing long ago on my integra.

You copied me... :tongue:

Charlee, it looks like you ended up doing what I did on our LoveFab car.
I just removed the antenna (it didn't work and the stereo had long since been removed), then took it all apart so I could just reinstall the metal trim ring with the tip of the mast that I cut off in place to fill the hole.
I mounted it with a dab of clear silicone from the inside (trunk), so it looks OEM but only weighs an ounce or 2 :wink:

IMG_1307 by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Brian

Dave

Plug.JPG
I demand a Group Buy! :biggrin:

How about at least installing a Shark Attack 2? IMO the car is too nice to leave a plug or grommet, regardless of the weight. At least with this unit you will reduce some of the weight since there is no motor or retractable mast.

mini_shark_kit.png

After pondering buying a Shark antennae for a long time (for me that means at least 5 minutes) I concluded that the trouble with the OEM antennae is that it looks ugly when extended, but the trouble with the Shark antennae is that it looks bad all the time.

After pondering buying a Shark antennae for a long time (for me that means at least 5 minutes) I concluded that the trouble with the OEM antennae is that it looks ugly when extended, but the trouble with the Shark antennae is that it looks bad all the time.
Thankfully it's all a matter of opinion. I actually love mine aesthetically. Of course i'd rather go w/o it but compared to the OEM? It's no question which one is better looking to me.

Not exactly what I was looking for, should I have said a few foot out.

Sorry my English isn't very good my family has only been in America for countless generations.

I think my inabilty to spell stends from my Slacker Generation menatality.

Ditto. No shark ant for me. I will just disconnect the oem ant and use my iPod only.

Just as an FYI, a number of radio apps fed off the phone have higher fidelity than the OEM tuner. Antenna's and "radios" are just old tech. A shark antenna is just trading one old tech unit for a different one. They are all ugly.

For the guys making fun of weight savings... it's a cumulative effect, a litte here and a little there. You can laugh all you want but when it adds up to over 150 pounds the difference in the car becomes quite noticable.

I think the best/easiest solution here is the Honda part painted.

For the guys making fun of weight savings... it's a cumulative effect, a litte here and a little there. You can laugh all you want but when it adds up to over 150 pounds the difference in the car becomes quite noticable.

I'm not tracking the car and people are too inept to drive the car at speed on any normal street, so I really don't care. If Charlee's tracking the car, then that's different just like back roads and road trips are different. In any case, weight reduction to me means telling my wife that she can't ride and that's not an option.:biggrin:

Last edited:
My wife will not ride :rolleyes: and she suggests I delete her seat as well as tons of other parts.

Furthermore, I have noticed a considerable difference ever since I deleted 250 + pounds. The car pulls way harder through the entire band. 700 more pounds and I will be at the equivalence of a CTSC.

The unofficial weight reduction thread has tons of great info.

Not tracking the car and people are too inept to drive the car at speed on any normal street, so I really don't care. If Charlee's tracking the car, then that's different just like back roads and road trips are different. In any case, weight reduction to me means telling my wife that she can't ride and that's not an option.:biggrin:

Back