• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My '91 BB is back thanks to Ben at Daisy Auto

Hello Primers, my name is Nico and I wanted to share my experience with Daisy Auto Import Care.

A few months back I decided to buy my NSX after almost a whole year's worth of search. I got it from a dealership down in Waldorf and inspected by a local Acura dealership, which stated everything was in tip-top shape. Come to find out, about 6-7 months later, a number of things were going wrong and beginning to fail; from the clutch to the timing belt, water pump, LMAs, etc... At the suggestion of a couple other friends (NSX owners), I had my 91 Berlina Black NSX worked on by Ben and his team at Daisy Auto in Maryland. As any NSX owner would attest, leaving your baby in the hands of someone else can be quite nerve racking.... But Ben kept me in the loop every step of the way and was always available when I needed to reach him, either at the shop or directly on his cell.* His team's work is thorough, and they spare no expense. I have worked with other mechanics in the past and this whole experience is a complete opposite of what I've dealt with before. His love and passion for his work, and more particularly the NSX, shine through to every last detail.* I wouldn't even think to go anywhere else with my NSX needs and I would suggest anyone seeking out NSX info or work, to go to Daisy Auto.* Even if its only a quick question, or an entire overhaul, Ben will take the time to assist.* If you aren't in the direct vicinity, I would go out of my way to seek this team's work, it was worth it the whole way through.* Daisy Auto is trust worthy and far exceeded any expectation I had. Before I dropped my car at Ben's I hit a pothole that cause pretty serious damage to my car. Ben helped me deal with my insurance, and pushed them along, working with the adjuster so work could continue and be finished promptly.

On a side note, Ben loves sweets, a couple of cupcakes go a long way ( Georgetown Cupcakes are a must ).* ;-)
Following is a list of the work completed:*

R&R 5 spd trans, new bearings and seals
New clutch assembly OEM Acura
New rear main seal
SOS Steering racking red rack bushings
Cam seals
Crank seal
Valve cover gasket sets
TW sensor/coolant sensor
Drive belts
Timing Belt
Timing belt tensioner
Cam angel sensor
All vtec solenoid gaskets
PCV valve
Oil and filter
Honda coolant
Honda MTF trans fluid
Thermostat and gasket
Water pump
Rear lower ball joints
Installed SOS lost motion assemblies
R&R intake manifold and removed butterfly plate
Intake gaskets
Install stock air cleaner box assembly
R&R fuel injectors to RC engineering for cleaning and balance
Axle nuts
Bolts for intake plenum
Front side marker lights and one socket and wires

and the list goes on and on...

I just wanna give a very big THANK YOU to the entire team at Daisy Auto.

daisyautocare.com
(410) 489-9334
[email protected]

Back