• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any additional information on JH4NA21612T000025?

$(KGrHqEOKkUE7!CJ1)36BO)Z1kVov!~~60_12.JPG

Although the timing isn't perfect for me, the appeal of a red/red NSX is prompting me to consider an earlier than anticipated purchase. With only a handful of this color combination available, I feel it may be a situation of act now and avoid regrets later.

I did a quick search on the VIN and the most interesting link is here from Nov 2010, which I can summarize with:

Rob4092xx said:
Driver's seat had considerable wear and would require repair and/or re-coloring.
Passenger's seat had moderate wear. Both had deep dirt in them.
The carpet was dirty and looked worn on the driver's side.
Driver's door pad along entryway had a small tear in it exposing the yellow foam.

2" scratch on targa top that was down to the metal.
1/4 chip on passenger door that was down to the metal.

No power steering.
CD Holder was disassembled in trunk.

Many paint chips in mirrors very poorly touched up.

This was when I stopped looking for anything else!

Overall, the car just did not look like it only had 12k miles on it. I have seen many cars in my life with 12k miles on them and they did not look as poorly taken care of as this one. Heck, the rental car I drove had 28k miles on it and was clean compared to this NSX.

I was very disappointed as I drove from Phoenix to El Paso to look at it.

Despite low mileage, the car has been around a bit to a few auctions which is sort of concerning. The full list is on the ebay listing, but here is the summary:

Started in Torrance, CA
Auto Auction in Desert Southwest Region @6939 miles
Registered in Scottsdale, AZ @7,347 miles
Back to Desert Southwest Auction @7,480
Back to Scottsdale and then to Saint George UT until 9,452
Sunland, NM @9468
Ended at Hockessin, DE @12,745

No clue if the back and forth auctions with little driving in between is an indication of a problem car that was hard to unload or not or just the a car taking twists and turns through life.

I am not looking for a garage queen, so a less than museum piece doesn't disturb me; I intend to drive this car around and enjoy it. On the other hand, I do intend to own the vehicle for quite a while and don't want a problem vehicle on my hand.

To wrap up a long post, I will be reaching out to some of the professionals in this area, but has anyone taken a look at this vehicle and have any insight on it?

A bit puzzled. A year ago -

Rob4092xx went to great lengths and documented then condition of this red/red NSX. Personally, I would enjoy red/red color combo as I appreciate the matching interior option.

Do you think it has been improved since Rob's inspection?

Definitely take Rob's word for it, he did not like this car.

He is the prior owner of my NSX and all of his cars are immaculate...
I'm very lucky to have mine.

If you have lower standards, then maybe it will suit your needs.

Either way, the dealer's price point is too high.

Definitely take Rob's word for it, he did not like this car.

He is the prior owner of my NSX and all of his cars are immaculate...
I'm very lucky to have mine.

If you have lower standards, then maybe it will suit your needs.

Either way, the dealer's price point is too high.

+1 if you have lower standards for a car, the mileage is correct and the car has been brought back to life, then this maybe the car for you. By lower standards I mean Rob's feedback does not bother you. I guess everything can be fixed...hmmm unless its the original oil :frown: Good luck in your search. I'd definitely adjust down the price for the poor history.....

Thanks for the further thoughts, I do respect Rob's view and greatly appreciate the fact that he was looking at the vehicle prior to it being purchased by the current owner - that really helps me to asses it.

I have reached out to Ben at Daisy auto to give the car a review with me and I suspect he will identify anything and everything about the car. Given its shaded history and lack of care that Rob identified, the car may clearly need some work - on the other hand it would be nice to get this car back in nice shape as there aren't a lot of red/red vehicles around and it would be a shame to see this one fade away.

I also agree that the price is a bit high - the current owner clearly paid $51k or most likely less (my guess is around $48-49k) and cars tend not to increase in value over a year's ownership.

Back