• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HPDE Tire Carrier for the NSX

I know this looks funny and we've all seen the GPW JDM NSX with the tire carrier above the rear glass. So save your remarks and help me figure out if this is possible for our NSX? :biggrin::wink:

First of all, does anyone know who sells a mount like this? If not, I can't seem to think where one would mount something like on an NSX like they do on the S2k in terms of chassis mounting points.

Anyone got any brilliant ideas? I've gone as far as thinking about mounting a lightduty hitch on the back but can't think of where the mounting points would be...

IMGP1091.jpg

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-cosmetic-mods/p285-behind-the-box-solutions-hidden-hitch.html

I attached a link showing a really slick setup for Boxster/Cayman as an example of what might be able to be done with the nsx. This is a hidden hitch where the hitch reciever (female part) is hidden behind your license plate. The license plate holder is hinged so it can be opened to connect the tongue with the ball on it. On the nxs, the bumper beam is also behind the license plate so either this kit or a do-it yourself version would have to be possible. That way, you have no reciever end showing, and no cutting through plastic parts which will inevitably crack. Nice thing about the reciever shown in the attachment is it extends the pin with a key so you do not have to climb under or reach under your bumper to hook or unhook the hitch. Pretty slick. I have been thinking about a track wheel trailer as well. I am going to put on an 02 rear valance and possibly do an aluminum bumper beam this winter so this could get done when I have everything apart.

Back