• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

How much do these advan wheels weigh in 18/19?

Advan Model 5

18x8 19.8lbs

19x10 20.4lbs

Is what I came up with after some quick research.

How strong are these Advans vs OEM? Do they get bent quite easily?

Mike or CDX NSX should be able to comment on this.

Last edited:
When these wheels were still being sold 4+ years ago no advan wheel SOS carried was north of 3k if I remember correctly. Even with the prices as of today vs years ago the successor being here http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Advan/AVS_series/ModelT5/ isn't even over 4k.

I understand these are awesome wheels, and I'd rock them on my car, but the prices are just ludicrous. With that said they're worth whatever anyone will pay :rolleyes:

You should look at it that you will be rockin the most desired wheel for the NSX and you will be considered to be a member of the most exclusive club under the NSX umbrella. The Advan AVS Model 5 club :biggrin::biggrin: lol...

You should look at it that you will be rockin the most desired wheel for the NSX and you will be considered to be a member of the most exclusive club under the NSX umbrella. The Advan AVS Model 5 club :biggrin::biggrin: lol...

Haha, like I said, I'd rock them. The only way I'd ever change my rims are if I were to go bbk, but even then I'd probably get wider front fenders and stick a spacer on instead.

Haha, like I said, I'd rock them. The only way I'd ever change my rims are if I were to go bbk, but even then I'd probably get wider front fenders and stick a spacer on instead.

Front 8J et38 clears Stoptech BBK. So no excuse for you to change wheels even if you go BBK!:biggrin:

Do Model 5's clear BBK and also, will ask again, any comments on strength of rims (bending, etc)?

Yes! Model 5's will clear BBK by a mile. Advans are fairly strong, but most are not forged. Take a look at their casting method, materials used, QC, etc. vs other brands. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Do Model 5's clear BBK and also, will ask again, any comments on strength of rims (bending, etc)?

Can't comment on the strength as I haven't hit any major potholes to know first-hand. I have the RM Racing AP-Racing BBK, and it fits with a +40 offset with about 1-2mm to spare.

Wow...I had no idea AVS Model 5's were even discontinued or the fact that the price has increased due to rarity! I have 18/19 setup on mine and I bought it around 8 years ago. I never looked into wheels again so I had no idea. I was even thinking of selling them last year, but after running into this thread, I think Ill be keeping them :smile:

Wow...I had no idea AVS Model 5's were even discontinued or the fact that the price has increased due to rarity! I have 18/19 setup on mine and I bought it around 8 years ago. I never looked into wheels again so I had no idea. I was even thinking of selling them last year, but after running into this thread, I think Ill be keeping them :smile:

I'll give ya $700 for the set. :biggrin:

Well... I now am buried up to my head in Advan Model 5's :eek:

I have a total of 10 now after just picking up an additional set, all 5x114.
I have my 18/19 setup, and the 2 spare 19" rears that Synth has spoken for.

And now just was able to secure another full set of (4) 19" Model 5's as well. I am now on the hunt for (4) 18" Advan Model 5's or even a couple separate pairs of 18" so I can match 3 complete 18/19 sets. If anyone has any 18" fronts let me know, I can supply the 19" rears or if you'd like to sell. Looks like DONs crew is about to increase. :biggrin:

Tonight was test fit. Rear caps were not on.
18x8 35mm Front
19x10 19mm Rear
Fitment is PERFECT Imo, no spacers.
Bronze
Will get better pictures of the car with them on and all center caps in daylight.
Just for you DON

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7859.jpg

IMG_7844-1.jpg

IMG_7841-1.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7836-1.jpg

IMG_7839-1.jpg

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

dammn!!! it looks like Chris has taken over as the "Don" of the Advan AVS Model 5's. Congrats Chris, you have taken ownership of Advan AVS Model 5's to the highest level.

IMG_7839-1.jpg

Let's clarify a few things....

1. Mike_C: "The Don"
2. nsxot1c: Freddy Corleone
3. synth19: Micheal's first wife who exploded in Italy

:biggrin:

dammn!!! it looks like Chris has taken over as the "Don" of the Advan AVS Model 5's. Congrats Chris, you have taken ownership of Advan AVS Model 5's to the highest level.

IMG_7839-1.jpg

Hahaha its an addiction. Hoarders here I come. This pic ^^ Was for DON to show I rep his crew :cool:

I'm working on sourcing some more 18" fronts to make 3 complete sets. I will be selling the other 2 once I do. If not, I have a complete set of 19" 19x8 and 19x10 and also a spare of my rear ones brand new in the box in 19x10 as well. I'm in no rush to move them, whereas the complete 19" set would look great on my R33 Skyline but didn't want to pass when I located them all since they're impossible to source anymore and get your hands on.

Last edited:
Back