• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know you own an NSX when...

When your mother-in-law is over your house and your washing your nsx. She ask's "Do you wash your car every time you drive it ?". And you smile and respond "absolutely !"

When someone asks what it is, and you tell someone it's an Acura, and they're surprised. Then they ask is it new ? (still on my temp tag). You tell them it's a 99. Then they go whattttt ? Lol it's funny every time

You get pulled up doing 80 in a 80 zone and the cop says 'I pulled you up because it sounded like you were speeding'. Then asks you if its your car and lets you off with a warning. Just happened this evening on my way back from picking up my daughters birthday present.

When you start asking yourself, is it crazy to want to buy another nsx ?

Not crazy at all. These cars are going up in value. For a precious few more years you and I know something the collectors and speculators don't.

When someone asks what it is, and you tell someone it's an Acura, and they're surprised. Then they ask is it new ? (still on my temp tag). You tell them it's a 99. Then they go whattttt ? Lol it's funny every time

Hell, I got so tried of those conversations, now I just tell the uniformed that it`s a new, unreleased Honda concept prototype....they seem to accept that explanation better anyway... :D

PS: Mine is CORRECTLY badged as the HONDA that it really is anyway...

Last edited:
When you're on your drive home & you call ahead to several hotels to see which one has a parking-lot-facing room available because you don't want to let it out of your sight.

IMG_20140905_234031.jpg

Last edited:
In my case- When a guy in a Porsche Boxer passes the service station where you are filling up- hits the brakes and comes back- to ask you what kind of car it is and when did it hit the market.

Pristine 96-T red on camel. One of only fourteen built in this profile.

When you get really upset at inaccurate weather reports. Was supposed to rain but it is currently sunny out. I could have driven it today!

Post a picture of your NSX next to your (new) Buddy's Pantera

Have none next to each other but I did get some photos from the organizer, here are some of the white cars that were there...sung to "which one of these is not like the others"

72d7f2bb59141d739c62785005948a80.jpg
23c4d0be79935731aabc8f909511942d.jpg
0814a76a56551426066445bf8d917dce.jpg
311faf905fb73ad68a5332211a3d2fd3.jpg
273a45138f1d57c42325d0570100fd40.jpg
a4c55ce3cafc521e953b1657129b7da7.jpg
9ac5344fa12be83c12f595ca542a3ae1.jpg
c3911a274481b57fe5c87dafbfc0c95b.jpg

You know you're an NSX owner when you find you never really feel any different about your car after any car show, as it's impossible to feel bad and even more impossible to feel any happier than you already do about what you have.

Last edited:
Wonder if the pantera overheated before it got out of the parking lot ;P

Wonder if the pantera overheated before it got out of the parking lot ;P
Ha ha. I don't know much about Panteras and their cooling system or reliabiility, but I do believe that the owner rebuilt it pretty much from the ground up and probalby knew the car better than he knew his own interior plumbing. He was very low key but very knowledgable sounding and it was the cleanest car at the show in my opinion. So if it's not the most reliable Pantera in the world then I'm guessing the the owner probably also has an extremely clean & reliable truck/trailer at home just in case.

Ha ha. I don't know much about Panteras and their cooling system or reliabiility, but I do believe that the owner rebuilt it pretty much from the ground up and probalby knew the car better than he knew his own interior plumbing. He was very low key but very knowledgable sounding and it was the cleanest car at the show in my opinion. So if it's not the most reliable Pantera in the world then I'm guessing the the owner probably also has an extremely clean & reliable truck/trailer at home just in case.

I've had my 1973 Pantera since 1986 (28 years, this month). Although it does not like to sit in traffic in the SouthEast in the Summer and it has some Lucas electricals...mine only stranded me once (right after some service when a poorly connected wire in the distributor came loose).

Its never seen a tow truck...its really just a (Bullit-proof) Mustang in an Italian suit. I drove it from San Diego to Pensacola solo in 36:15 without an issue.

When you pull into a valet lot that has a big sign that says "Lot Full" ... But when you roll down your window one of the valet guys turns to his superior and asks "Can we please make room for this car?" Then they let you park it yourself right out front and center! Happened tonight and I couldn't help but smile! :smile::smile:

Last edited:
When you pull into a valet lot that has a big sign that says "Lot Full" ... But when you roll down your window one of the valet guys turns to his superior and asks "Can we please make room for this car?" Then they let you park it yourself right out front and center! Happened tonight and I couldn't help but smile! :smile::smile:

That's a great one! LOL...I've hardly ever met a valet that isn't a "car guy".

When you need to move the car to a different spot in the driveway and for some reason you put your seat belt on and find yourself going for a quick spin around the block.

When you start asking yourself, is it crazy to want to buy another nsx ?

dont fall victim to this thought... cuz before you know it your wife/GF is telling you to get rid of the car lot in your driveway LOL

not kidding when you see a good priced one you will buy another.

My neighbor, who never talks to me, walks up and wants to talk after seeing my car in the garage. He keeps saying "I'm gonna go home and cry..." over and over.

Back