• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just a young boy wanting an NSX

Yeah I remember how collage was jammed down kids throats. Now we have an entire generation of children trained for jobs that don't exist now being outsourced to AI still living in their parents basement now doubled down in debt as interest rates skyrocket out of control. Good luck with that path of new age indentured servitude. Hard Pass!

I invested in Passive Income and Real estate I have done just fine for myself with little to no college. There are some fields that you should go to college for but the majority of jobs can be better learned in the field hands on. The jobs that are going to pay in this current generations time will be Trade skills. Just think about all the jobs that will be cut and replaced with a computer program. It’s happening already. Lots of fields will change (Buy Nevida stocks). AI tec will be what the internet was to my generation. A Glorious $hit Show. Why, because we are inherently flawed and it will surely turn out to be too much of a good thing.

If I were you I would be looking for an entry level job as an electrician, plumber, construction, heavy equipment operator. Be reliable, show up on time, learn as much as you can. Be valuable, Stay out of the bars. Wait to have kids. Finish High School. Take personal responsibility seriously, Live within your means. Buy real estate and income property. Fix your own problems don’t pay others to do what you can do yourself. Stack that sweat equity and capitalize on it. #1 Keep good credit and your debit low. If your holding debit it better be working for you toward a goal. (AKA Don’t use it to buy an NSX you certainly can’t afford slinging pizzas unless you own the business)

I started with one 2 family apartment building lived in one rented the other for several years. That was one of my Best financial decisions I have made early on in life. The capital knowledge and credit it built allowed me to live cheap and make bigger and bigger investments that set me on my path to early retirement.

Last edited:
Let's say an NSX just showed up in your garage tonight for free. You still gonna deliver pizza? The NSX sure won't allow you to take on other opportunities such as schooling, business start-up, and learning. An NSX without the ability to comfortably keep it will make enjoying one impossible. It would be a liability and you would rue the day you got it.

One just can't take the NSX to any shop to get it fixed as parts are becoming scarce...it is now an antique. You'll need your own house with a shop and have a spare car to drive while awaiting parts. It will also rob you of you time and money that is generally needed to develop opportunities. Toys are a lot of fun, but they are distracting.

"People miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Henry Ford

Dreams give you direction and purpose. My dreams drove me to where I am today, plenty of painful setbacks for sure, but failure is temporary and success teaches one nothing.

"Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Your life may change, but your dream doesn't have to." --Tom Clancy

Your teens and twenties is the time to develop valuable knowledge and abilities without a lot of obligations to others. Not only does this tend to make money, but it also makes life worth living. The NSX is just a tangible reward along the way. Currently, your brain is on fire: It is so easy to learn and do anything you put your mind to. It gets really hard by age 35 and by 45 you're on the downhill slide.

As with others: I'll state you MUST go to college, you only have to graduate if nothing better shows up along the way (sure the odds of something like the next Google or MSFT is unlikely, but that doesn't mean not to look for it). Learn as much as you can and do as well as you can: especially with classes that you do not care about. The actual education is about 5th down the list on things that you gain from higher education. You are there to network, find allies, look for opportunities, and most importantly prove self-discipline. The last one is the most important: can you find your class, show up on time, do things well even if you don't want to do them, and turn in projects on "unimportant/boring" subjects? This is why it is so important to get into the best college one can as the education is all the same, but the education isn't the most important part.

Freakonomics states: that money is so much more valuable when you are young and broke. They are correct of course, but they advocate not saving when you are young. The problem is that Levitt wrote a best seller that required near zero upfront capital. For somebody like me that is just a problem solver: The option of having money when opportunity arises is invaluable, as it doesn't knock twice or wait around. Figure out what type of person you are and work for it.

Marshall Brain also has a lot to say on this topic.

You need to have your skills, ability, and some money ready to go when the opportunity arises. There will be no warning and it will be quick, and it will be a slough. Don't confuse the fake urgency of a get-rich scheme and/or something that doesn't scale well.

Getting your toy car before you get everything else is putting the cart before the horse. Owning something optional that you cannot easily keep is not fun. Your stuff owns you and cars are one heck of a taskmaster. Driving a car you don't care about is liberating.

Jay-Z is right.

EDIT: Addressing the cost of college. If one cannot easily* get into a highly selective college [ie Ivy League, MIT, Standford, UCLA, USC, and a couple of others] then it unlikely to be worth it. I recommend going into debt exactly $0 via the non-selective community college route. The education is the same and the money you save will give a fair competitive advantage to a highly selective college. I had more fun at a community college too. Going into debt for a third-tier college is not a good decision MHO.

Real Estate: Yes, almost always buy real estate. Some 90% of my total net worth and earnings is from real estate. The extreme vast majority of high net-worth individuals were put there with real estate; it is just very mundane, mostly boring, and, therefore, it doesn't hit the news. However, real estate is a democratic game that everybody can play...the only gatekeeper is a downpayment.

*Easily = cheaply or the cost is no issue
Wow thanks for the insight on this beautiful piece and however the after this post I have come to the conclusion that the NSX is the reward. I would like to mention I am a senior in high school and I my school offers dual enrollment courses meaning I can take college courses on online to gain a head start. The college courses are by a nearby community college and they are transferable credits. Welll speaking of rapidly gaining information and going to college I’m doing it all early. I currently have 4.75 and by the end of this year will have 40 units of college courses completed before my high school career ends. I’m going to school to be a dentist and have already got accepted in the program

Wow thanks for the insight on this beautiful piece and however the after this post I have come to the conclusion that the NSX is the reward. I would like to mention I am a senior in high school and I my school offers dual enrollment courses meaning I can take college courses on online to gain a head start. The college courses are by a nearby community college and they are transferable credits. Welll speaking of rapidly gaining information and going to college I’m doing it all early. I currently have 4.75 and by the end of this year will have 40 units of college courses completed before my high school career ends. I’m going to school to be a dentist and have already got accepted in the program
That's the right attitude. Best of luck.

Since we have done finances and education, let's just finish it off...

Arnold is right: " A well-built physique is a status symbol. It reflects you worked hard for it, no money can buy it. You cannot borrow it, you cannot inherit it, you cannot steal it. You cannot hold onto it without constant work. It shows discipline, it shows self-respect, it shows patience, work ethic, and passion. That is why I do what I do."

I was a good and effective programmer, but I was a pasty pale skeleton. It was like I was invisible and my assigned projects just seemed like an afterthought. Nobody cared about what I thought or what I did.

I worked in the same office as a muscle head gym rat. He convinced me to "hit the gym", when I was 23, and he cajoled me into going. Two hours in the morning and one hour after work. I built up fast and went up five sizes in pants, normal shirts looked ridiculous on me and I had to buy "fitted shirts" from then on out. That was after six months. In one year, I was ripped.*

Everybody treated me differently, it was like I was the main character. People just agreed with me and I began to decide on what I wanted to do. Women would linger, make small talk, and sometimes just outright chase me down. Crowds would just clear out of the way. It was some strange world that I had been dropped into.

I can tell you that looks matter, they matter a lot, and don't let anybody tell you any different. It is a so much easier path to your goals.

The gym feels like a waste of time and energy, but it pays back dividends like nothing else. I also became a better programmer as lifting big rock clears mind for better problem solving.

So don't forget your body, you only get one and you can't mess it up.

*no juice, never.

Nice accomplishment. Dental school is not an easy get. Good luck, you are on your way. My son also got through college early and is doing great.

Arnold is right: " A well-built physique is a status symbol. It reflects you worked hard for it, no money can buy it. You cannot borrow it, you cannot inherit it, you cannot steal it. You cannot hold onto it without constant work. It shows discipline, it shows self-respect, it shows patience, work ethic, and passion. That is why I do what I do."

I was a good and effective programmer, but I was a pasty pale skeleton. It was like I was invisible and my assigned projects just seemed like an afterthought. Nobody cared about what I thought or what I did.

I worked in the same office as a muscle head gym rat. He convinced me to "hit the gym", when I was 23, and he cajoled me into going. Two hours in the morning and one hour after work. I built up fast and went up five sizes in pants, normal shirts looked ridiculous on me and I had to buy "fitted shirts" from then on out. That was after six months. In one year, I was ripped.*

Everybody treated me differently, it was like I was the main character. People just agreed with me and I began to decide on what I wanted to do. Women would linger, make small talk, and sometimes just outright chase me down. Crowds would just clear out of the way. It was some strange world that I had been dropped into.

I can tell you that looks matter, they matter a lot, and don't let anybody tell you any different. It is a so much easier path to your goals.

The gym feels like a waste of time and energy, but it pays back dividends like nothing else. I also became a better programmer as lifting big rock clears mind for better problem solving.

*no juice, never.
I read an article very recently that explained how good looking people were more monetarily successful, so I think there's support for what you've experienced by upgrading your physique.

*no juice, never.
Thanks for the advice but I am considered a gym rat, I go to the gym 5 days out of the week doing bulking\cutting phases, right now I am currently on a bulk past 200 and going to cut soon, but I'm not fat my height is pretty good and I can bench 225 for reps with 265 being my pr, working on the 335, but no worries I am truly healthy and love lifting it's my favorite thing to do as a hobby.

Hello, everyone I am an 18-year-old boy as a senior in high school and have always dreamed about owning an NSX since elementary school. It wasn't until recently that I found out there was a website with many others who enjoyed the same. I want to fulfill my dream so badly to own an NSX, but it is kind of hard to do so when you are 18 and work a minimum-wage job and low funds. I can tell a lot of people love the NSX now, so if there are any links or anyone in general who wants to sell me one please reach out to me. If there are any tips from the NSX owners for me, let me know and hopefully, I can become like you. (maybe when the minimum wage goes up in California). Forgot to mention I wanted first gen
Hey bro what part of Cali you at? If not far you can roll with me to some car meets.......LOS ANGELES COUNTY

Back