• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should I do with a 49 miles NSX?

Last edited:
Sell it!

Get a nsx with normal mileage. Our cars are nice to look at but Mr. Honda made then to drive and drive hard. Love your car by driving, not looking.

Lance

Hi King, from what you said in the other thread it sounded like you're going to pay a significant amount in taxes/fees to have it shipped to China? What was your original intent behind buying that NSX? Was it to keep it as a collectible, or drive it for enjoyment? If it's the former, you should keep it a garage queen. If it's the latter, go ahead and drive it! Without knowing your personal financial circumstances and motives, it's difficult to give valid advice. I would say that if you are financially secure and do not need to worry about the car's investment value, then go ahead and enjoy it.

49 miles only??? WOW!!!
What year?
I assume if it's an 02 to 05, keep it for investment purpose & if you have more money to burn, get another (earlier coupe models) & drive like you stole it.

Last edited:
The NSX is going to arrive HK in 10 days. What should I do with it?

A)Keep it in HK as a garage queen just as the previous owner. Drive it as least as possible.

B)Ship it to China and drive it occasionally.

Thanks for your opinion~

Drive the car. I have an 03 and drive it 6-7K KMs per year. I'd say don't daily drive it so it retains some value but enjoy it on nice days and weekends.

49 miles only??? WOW!!!
What year?
I assume if it's an 02 to 05, keep it for investment purpose & if you have more money to burn, get another (earlier coupe models) & drive like you stole it.

It's this 2004: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160265

This is a personal decision, and I'd hate to be the one to tell him to drive the car and then have something happen to it. It's not cheap, and probably impossible to replace. Don't listen to some random strangers on the internet for such a personal matter. Talk to your friends and family who know more about you, and do some serious soul searching, before deciding what to do with your one-of-a-kind collector vehicle.

I have started collecting cars that I dream of having in my teenage era in these years. My currentcollection includes 2009 16000kms S2000cr, a 2010 4000km Boxster Spyder, my DD 31000km E90 M3, a 80km GT3 RS 4.0, and this 80km 04 NSX. I bought them new and I start to find I have no time to drive them all periodically. Especially maintaining them and car wash by myself. That's why I am thinking of the "Garage Queen" route.

This

it's this 2004: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160265

this is a personal decision, and i'd hate to be the one to tell him to drive the car and then have something happen to it. It's not cheap, and probably impossible to replace. Don't listen to some random strangers on the internet for such a personal matter. Talk to your friends and family who know more about you, and do some serious soul searching, before deciding what to do with your one-of-a-kind collector vehicle.

while i may be incorrect, but talking to my friends in china that want to ship thieir cdn 911s/lambos to china, wont the china taxation be another 80-90k usd.???

last i recall the 'tax' to ship a car into china is approx new retail price of the vehicle.

I have started collecting cars that I dream of having in my teenage era in these years. My currentcollection includes 2009 16000kms S2000cr, a 2010 4000km Boxster Spyder, my DD 31000km E90 M3, a 80km GT3 RS 4.0, and this 80km 04 NSX. I bought them new and I start to find I have no time to drive them all periodically. Especially maintaining them and car wash by myself. That's why I am thinking of the "Garage Queen" route.

Your NSX is very special in that it probably has the lowest amount of miles of any NSX in existence. You obviously have other cars to drive. You already know what the roads and traffic are like in HK and China. I would not risk driving the NSX. Having what could probably be the lowest mileage NSX in existence is quite impressive, not to mention bragging rights. As you add more cars to your collection, the lowest mileage NSX will still be the talk of the car collecting community.

My 2cents worth....

Keep it preserved in a bubble and never do anything but look at it. Every time you drive it you will cringe knowing there is dust in the air and your perfect car is less perfect.

Buy another NSX to enjoy but leave that piece of history preserved.

+1 keep it in a bubble and then host a party in 10 years so we have an excuse to come to HK to check it out

The NSX is going to arrive HK in 10 days. What should I do with it?

A)Keep it in HK as a garage queen just as the previous owner. Drive it as least as possible.

B)Ship it to China and drive it occasionally.

Thanks for your opinion~

That is a unique car for sure. I do not mean this to come off wrong, but what did you intend to do with it before you decided to buy it? Quite honestly, I would not care what a bunch of screen names on a random Internet site said to do with a car that I paid for. So when you bought it, what did you intend to do with it?

That is a unique car for sure. I do not mean this to come off wrong, but what did you intend to do with it before you decided to buy it? Quite honestly, I would not care what a bunch of screen names on a random Internet site said to do with a car that I paid for. So when you bought it, what did you intend to do with it?

We're not screen names... we're real people with real feelings gosh darnit!

I say put it on a dyno put a brink on the gas pedal
and rack up the miles safely LOL

get to about 50,000 miles and then you will have a mint NSX that has an engine that is freshly broken in.

more HP too

She's Truely a Master Piece of Art!!! I will put this one in a time capsule.
I will trade you 2 of my Berlina black for this & some money into it.
I got a 91 with 97+k miles & 2000 with 64+k miles, you can drive these without having to worry since they're already broken in.

Q:
LHD or RHD?
LHD, forget about driving in HK except on a dealer T plate so there is NO worries re paying for the usual tax as its not even legal to licence for HK.
RHD: U will pay tax to licence for a set of HK plate as its not a 91/92 model which there is some exemptions.
LHD: import to China. Congrats if you can get it done legally then servicing such would be fun. Even in HK there are far and few qualified technicans who can work on the NSX. DCH is not interested in the biz and all their techicans are long gone.

Good luck but do drive the car. If U sell it decades on, a few hundreds kms would not make any difference re the price. Its not a F 250GT...

Q:
LHD or RHD?
LHD, forget about driving in HK except on a dealer T plate so there is NO worries re paying for the usual tax as its not even legal to licence for HK.
RHD: U will pay tax to licence for a set of HK plate as its not a 91/92 model which there is some exemptions.
LHD: import to China. Congrats if you can get it done legally then servicing such would be fun. Even in HK there are far and few qualified technicans who can work on the NSX. DCH is not interested in the biz and all their techicans are long gone.

Good luck but do drive the car. If U sell it decades on, a few hundreds kms would not make any difference re the price. Its not a F 250GT...

It's a LHD, even that it is far more difficult to have T license on recently. I need to have it maintained to perfect driving condition, do you have any garage recommendation?

Back