• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1996 ACURA NSX-T To Be Sold at Barrett-Jackson Lot: 343.1

The seller also pays a % to the auction house. Barrett-Jackson is probably the last place you want to buy a car.

The seller also pays a % to the auction house. Barrett-Jackson is probably the last place you want to buy a car.

...but to sell them there, on the other hand, might pay out quite well!

The '01 sold for $53,900. Silver with black interior. 49.6k miles Stock.

There's still hope that one day someone will pony up the cash to buy your car. * POKE* :biggrin:

It will take 75K to remove my 2000 from my garage.

...but to sell them there, on the other hand, might pay out quite well!

It all depends if the auctioneer is knowledgable about the car on the block and ow the crowd is feeling. They hype up a lot of cars and get the crowd hooting and hollering which causes people to bid higher. The NSX isn't exactly the high end car bidders are looking for at these auctions. If that car sold for $45k the seller also paid a 10% commission.

The last thing to realize is that you can't do a PPI or even test drive these cars. You take big risk buying a car you don't much about. On the other hand, you can get rid of a car with major problems that are undetectable to the naked eye. :wink::wink: i know of some cars sold at these auctions that you would have run away from if you could have done a PPI.

Last edited:
There's still hope that one day someone will pony up the cash to buy your car. * POKE* :biggrin:

It will take 75K to remove my 2000 from my garage.

$65k for my car is a good deal.

AfterZAIN0_50.JPG

Last edited:
$65k for my car is a good deal.

AfterZAIN0_50.JPG

Agreed! Your car is a rare color, one owner, low mileage machine. It will be few and far btwn before a car like your will come up for sale again. Im just wondering if you will have the heart to part with her when a buyer meets your asking price.:smile:

Agreed! Your car is a rare color, one owner, low mileage machine. It will be few and far btwn before a car like your will come up for sale again.

I don't know about that. It seems like just such a car has been around and for sale every day for 7 years now and you will probably be able to find such a car for sale every day for several more years.......:wink:

7 years LOL why even post it for sale since no-one will ever buy it.

I mean any of my 3 NSX's are each for sale at any price over 300K each.

so I guess that means I will have them forever thats fine with me

I don't know about that. It seems like just such a car has been around and for sale every day for 7 years now and you will probably be able to find such a car for sale every day for several more years.......:wink:

LOL ..^.. Thats pretty good.

Glad to see the two cars did well at Barrett-Jackson Auction. It reinstates security into my mind that I made a wise choice in my NSX purchase.

It all depends if the auctioneer is knowledgable about the car on the block and ow the crowd is feeling. They hype up a lot of cars and get the crowd hooting and hollering which causes people to bid higher. The NSX isn't exactly the high end car bidders are looking for at these auctions. If that car sold for $45k the seller also paid a 10% commission.

The last thing to realize is that you can't do a PPI or even test drive these cars. You take big risk buying a car you don't much about. On the other hand, you can get rid of a car with major problems that are undetectable to the naked eye. :wink::wink: i know of some cars sold at these auctions that you would have run away from if you could have done a PPI.

I was at the auction and looked at both. The 1996 had aftermarket wheels, suspension, headers and exhaust. It appeared a clean well cared for; it had the original paint, good interior. I'd rate it a low 2 car. W/ 29K miles the I think the buyer got a good car if the mechanicals are sound.

The 2001 was a different story: it had been resprayed,the interior had seen some hard use, some bubbling, bolster wear and veneer scratches etc. The rubber looked rough to, front targa seal had a 2in section gouged out of it. It was a mid to low 3. I think the buyer has some work to do unless its just meant to be a DD, which is what I think the car was for the seller.

At the Barrett first of all you pay 400 to be able to bid in the cars. Then once you buy a car you pay Barrett-Jackson 10% above the selling price of the car and the seller pays 8% to Barret-Jackson. So on a 45,000 price tag the seller will get 8% less or 41,400 and Barrett gets 3600 from the seller, and a sellers premium depending on when the car is in the auction. If you want the car to be on TV and have telephone bidders you pay extra for that as well. So when the NSX sold for 45,000 Barrett makes at least 4500+3600+400^= at least 8500.00 while the seller only gets 41400 plus pays another at least 400 to have the car in the auction. With that being said they are very good at getting top dollar for the cars.

Every once in a while, someone will ask if I would sell my car to them and my response WAS first to pay $50K gets it. Man...I'm going to raise my typical response to $70K when asked how much I'd sell my 91Red/Ivory.

I was at the auction and looked at both. The 1996 had aftermarket wheels, suspension, headers and exhaust. It appeared a clean well cared for; it had the original paint, good interior. I'd rate it a low 2 car. W/ 29K miles the I think the buyer got a good car if the mechanicals are sound.

The 2001 was a different story: it had been resprayed,the interior had seen some hard use, some bubbling, bolster wear and veneer scratches etc. The rubber looked rough to, front targa seal had a 2in section gouged out of it. It was a mid to low 3. I think the buyer has some work to do unless its just meant to be a DD, which is what I think the car was for the seller.

Ok, so it was a strong 2 on condition, how about collectibility? Maybe at best a 4. Unfortunately the NSX is not yet in the territory of American Muscle.

Ok, so it was a strong 2 on condition, how about collectibility? Maybe at best a 4. Unfortunately the NSX is not yet in the territory of American Muscle.

At Barrett Jackson its almost all domestic and muscle cars and so mostly those type car bidders. To those guys your in the right of it, not high on their got-to-have list. That said both those cars sold really fast and zoomed up to the selling price, they didn't have to work very hard to get those prices. Someone in that audience really wanted them. I also overheard lots of comments from passers-by as I looked over the NSX's. Overwhelmingly positive, it was pretty obvious a lot of people love these cars. I'd say the NSX is more like a 3 on its way to being a 2.

I love that we can now link back to past Barret Jackson auctions if/when we have to have that dreadful fight with the insurance companies. Just more great ammo for the pile.

It just sold again on Barrett-Jackson, yet again.
JH4NA1189TT000349
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1996-ACURA-NSX-T-TARGA-184066

It looked a little rough, no lip spoiler, very dirty engine compartment.
$44,000 <- sell price.

Last edited:
Back