• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sliqq's Build

Hi Guys,

Creating this thread to document the changes I will be making to my newly acquired NSX.

Lets start off with a few shots of my previous cars.

S2000 #1,

61027_10150260756940375_7258702_n.jpg

S2000 #2,

267281_10150671684610131_6849709_n.jpg

S2000 #3,

33980_10150857934548137_1869245881_n.jpg

As you can see I'm a huge fan of the S2000 and yes I owned 3 DIFFERENT GPW S2000s. I also owned a number of other cars but I would consider these my "toys".

I was quite content with my last S2000 and thought I would keep it for a while. But during an S2000 meet, there was an NSX at the shop where we met and it rekindled the flame. Immediately I was on my hunt for an NSX once again.

The NSX in question, (fenixv8) who I have since become friends with and answered many questions I had about my NSX purchase. Thanks Chris.

2012-07-15143545.jpg

When the opportunity present itself I had to make the move. Unfortunately at the age of 22, having both cars just isn't in the budget. Before anyone makes any assumptions I work and pay for everything I own. No family money or lottery winnings here. Just someone who makes goals and strategies to achieve them.

In August 2012, I picked up a 1992 GPW NSX (I have a thing for white cars). I looked long and hard for the perfect car and luckily this one was close to home. I purchased the car completely stock with the exception of Comptech headers and aftermarket rims (for sale if anyone is interested).

Here's a couple shots from the previous owner,

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was sold the minute I saw the car. There was no question in my mind about the purchase. Made payment for the car without a test drive.

The day I brought the car home, along side S2000 #3 which was parted out in order to pay for the NSX,

2012-08-12131828.jpg

2012-08-06162003.jpg

Since I had the car imported, it didn't enter into my hands for a couple weeks as I was gathering all the paperwork and arranging delivery.

The first thing I noticed about the car was the exhaust note. I sparingly drive my "toys" and when I do I want to make sure I am heard. The OEM exhaust did not do it for me. So I got in touch with Mark and ordered a Pride v2 with non-resonated test-pipes. Mark is an awesome guy and answered each and every one of my questions. I received the exhaust a week prior to delivery of the NSX.

2012-08-03193007-1.jpg

During the install,
2012-08-08203100.jpg

Next thing on the list were rims. I was after a set of '02+ rims which I would refinish to resemble the '02+ Type R wheels but have no luck I landed a set of NSX-spec Prodrive GC-07c. Actually had to buy 2 sets of wheels to make an NSX-spec set.

2012-08-19150533.jpg

Had them powdercoated white,

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Sold my S2000 shortly after, this is the last picture of my cars together,

2012-09-05213542.jpg

A local was parting out his car, so I picked up some Type R goodies,

2012-08-26215805.jpg

Another thing I hated about the NSX was the ride height, I refused to drive the car because of this. I researched long and hard about what coilovers to go with and it came down to ride comfort. I ran BC Racing coilovers on my S2000 and they were awesome but I asked around locally and decided on the KW v3.

2012-09-25203028.jpg

During install,

2012-10-04201214.jpg

The KW v3 ride amazing, absolutely no regrets especially regarding the hefty price they go for. The NSX is really on another level when it comes to pricing on mods, which is one of the reasons for a "slow" build. Another reason being so that I won't get bored with it.

After the wheels and suspension went on, a local photographer took some shots for my friend and I,

2012-10-06173524.jpg

Heres a link to the full album for those interested;
http://www.bucurfoto.com/client-projects/acura-nsx/

So this brings me to today, I recently had the chance to purchase an '03 NSX but still can't make up my mind if I want to make the move. I think my final decision will be to stick with my current car as its the colour I want and I've already accumulated so many parts that are waiting to go on over the winter.

Here's a little teaser,

2012-08-11213106.jpg

If you've read this far, thanks. I will continue to update this thread as I make changes to my car.

I have to ask, how did you find the Prodrives? Through prime or someplace else?

Car is looking awesome, welcome to the club. I'm 22 as well but the NSX is my first toy/cool car... can't imagine how much fun growing up driving S2000s must have been :smile:

I have to ask, how did you find the Prodrives? Through prime or someplace else?

Car is looking awesome, welcome to the club. I'm 22 as well but the NSX is my first toy/cool car... can't imagine how much fun growing up driving S2000s must have been :smile:

Thanks man, I still miss the S2000s to this day and I know I'll have another soon just doesn't make sense now.

As for the Prodrives I had a friend selling a staggered set in 18' and found the other set on S2KI in 17'. I had no idea how hard they were to come by, I guess I was looking at the right time because I had an NSX set within a week of searching.

I've actually had a couple PMs regarding sale of them but not sure if I want to let them go yet. Looking for another set of wheels right now but nothing is catching my eyes.

Looking forward to this build . An Nsx at 22 wow. I was blindly going thru university at your age driving my parents shitboxes

Congrats ! Your car looks Great. I think the car you bought was in Buffalo / Toronto. Wassaq was the owner. I think he said most service was done in Canada, so I hope you didn't have much trouble importing it. I spoke with him a couple times. I think YINZER from Pittsburgh did as well.

I've actually had a couple PMs regarding sale of them but not sure if I want to let them go yet. Looking for another set of wheels right now but nothing is catching my eyes.

Now that they're painted white and your car is lowered they look fantastic. I'd keep em :biggrin:

Looking forward to this build . An Nsx at 22 wow. I was blindly going thru university at your age driving my parents shitboxes

Believe me, none of this would have happen if sacrifices weren't made and long hours weren't worked.

Congrats ! Your car looks Great. I think the car you bought was in Buffalo / Toronto. Wassaq was the owner. I think he said most service was done in Canada, so I hope you didn't have much trouble importing it. I spoke with him a couple times. I think YINZER from Pittsburgh did as well.

Thanks! Yes this is Waqaas' old car. The transaction was fairly smooth, seeing that it was the first time I imported a vehicle. Overall the car was as described but I know maintenance records were scarce which probably scared many off. But I will have everything outstanding taken care of over the winter.

Last edited:
Tell me about those headlights. Where did you get them ...expensive?

Interested as to where you found them as well...

Brand new OEM headlights, the previous owner was contemplating the conversion as well and had them so we worked out a deal when I purchased the car.

They were a pretty penny but nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to OEM Acura parts.

Don't have any recent photos, but the car is being taken apart for an update for 2014.

Here's a teaser of what's to go on the car, thanks to Eric @ Teknotik!

IMG_2700.jpg

Been a while since I updated my thread. For those who are interested see below for a few updates.

Since my last update I've made quite a few changes along with a whole bunch of maintenance.

To go along with my new exhaust I needed a new rear valence/diffuser.

reardiffuser.jpg

This was pretty much the only one I could find that didn't leave the rear looking like something was missing. I'm contemplating painting the sides in GPW or possibly picking an '02+ rear valence and customizing/cut it up to work with this rear diffuser.

Soon after, I switched up my rims. Sold my Prodrives (I regret it) and picked up a set of Model 5s.

model5.jpg

The wheels came with tires mounted so I decided to ride them out until the end of the season then send them in to be refinished.

Unfortunately before the end of the season the snap-ring on my car broke so I had to repaired along with new OEM clutch. All the maintenance on my car is done thanks to Rob Magro. If you are from Ontario he's the man to go to.

After I got the car back from Rob it went straight to storage, thanks to Canadian winters. During the next few months I continued to collect parts for the facelift.

First thing to complete was the front end. '02+ and OEM is the route I chose. Thanks to Eric @ Teknotik for hooking it up. I used all OEM parts aside from the HID assembly, it was to expensive to justify. I went with an aftermarket system but I am trying to source out a used set of S2000 headlights and retrofitting the HID system to work with the '02 headlights.

I really want to update my sides to '02 but I prefer going with OEM parts, just waiting for a used set to come up in the classified. So if you are looking to sell PM me. :smile:

Shortly before the beginning of the season, a set of my dream wheels came up for sale (still looking for NSX-spec Mugens though...). I posted my Advans up for sale and sold them a couple months later.

rega1.jpg

Picked up this set of Regamaster Evos (real Evos, not the standard Regamaster with Evo stickers, yes there is a difference). 18s are extremely rare and I am only aware of myself and d0h that are running this size.

So fast forward to about a month ago, this is how to car is currently sitting;

regas.jpg

Had the car detailed by a good friend of mine. Just a simple wash & wax since it didn't need much.

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash3.jpg

Check him out if you're from the Hamilton, ON area. He's very meticulous with his details and competitively priced. Check out http://www.contrastdetailing.ca/ for more. He's got his own line of detailing products as well as a YouTube channel. My NSX is featured in his most recent video.

I think that's about it for now, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve but I'll save that for the next update.

Back