• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supporting Prime; My Ignorance Revealed

I have visited Prime off and on for almost 13 years now. I use it as a regular reference tool in my garage when I am wrenching on my NSXs.

I found my '03 Targa on Prime.

I found my Zanardi through Prime.

I heard about my first '01 Coupe, long since sold, here in Prime then flew to Redwood City to buy it.

I found my sweet Prodrive GC-07 wheels here on Prime.

I have obtained hours and hours of wholesome entertainment here on Prime. Ironically, when I give advice to people, I get paid for it. When I get advice on Prime, I get it for "free."

So, the other day I had a thought; "what would my NSX mania be like without Prime? How much is my enthusiasm enhanced by the collective wisdom that is found with a simple search? I ought to give something back."
An lo, there it was, a link labeled "support." I was ignorant that it was possible to do such a thing. I clicked on it, then clicked on Pay Pal, and thirty seconds later I made good on my impulse.

Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but for all you gearheads who scratch your NSX itch here on Prime, you ought to give something back. Heck, for the small amount I gave, I could barely cover one stop in one store at the Mall with my teenage daughter. I need Prime as a reference al lot more than my daughter needs a 40th pair of shoes. I just didn't realize I could make it happen so easily.

Think about it.

Last edited:
Great post!!!
Somebody should make it a "sticky"!!!!

cheers,prost,bona fortuna......:smile:

Great post!

Something I have learned over the years:

"People tend to not appreciate what they do not pay for."

I could not imagine what it would be like to own a NSX without Prime. I have always said this site is half the experience. Please support this incredible resource.

Please click on the "Support" link at the top of the page. If you can't find it, here is the link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/members/member_central.htm

wfV1HUEV5PUVQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
Excellent post and excellent reminder. It is far too easy to "let it slide" while continuing to enjoy and be advantaged by this site. I just went to "Support" and renewed and upgraded my support. Prime has been invaluable to me in the purchase of my NSX's and the upkeep.

The "Support" tab makes it an easy 10 second job! Thanks again for the good post.

If it matters to you guys who are multiple contributers,the system does not automaticly know to change your status depending on your total amount donated,Lud has to make that change.

Count me as one of the newbies that have overlooked the cost of having a site like this available and crossed over to a paid member. I also found my NSX thru here. Countless hours have been logged here researching repairs and mods. Coupled with a good support system in the Cincinnati area have combined to make this one of the most enjoyable of many fun car experiences.

It's great having a site like this around. Thanks to those running it and the countless others that contribute great info.

Awesome seeing all this support! I was an offender for a long time. I had NO clue you could even donate. Until one day someone posted a thread similar to this one and I immediately donated. Since then it was yearly.

what I am trying to say is subtle reminders like this is what people notice. This site has been priceless in my 10+ years of NSX ownership.

I have visited Prime off and on for almost 13 years now. I use it as a regular reference tool in my garage when I am wrenching on my NSXs.

I found my '03 Targa on Prime.

I found my Zanardi through Prime.

I heard about my first '01 Coupe, long since sold, here in Prime then flew to Redwood City to buy it.

I found my sweet Prodrive GC-07 wheels here on Prime.

I have obtained hours and hours of wholesome entertainment here on Prime. Ironically, when I give advice to people, I get paid for it. When I get advice on Prime, I get it for "free."

So, the other day I had a thought; "what would my NSX mania be like without Prime? How much is my enthusiasm enhanced by the collective wisdom that is found with a simple search? I ought to give something back."
An lo, there it was, a link labeled "support." I was ignorant that it was possible to do such a thing. I clicked on it, then clicked on Pay Pal, and thirty seconds later I made good on my impulse.

Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but for all you gearheads who scratch your NSX itch here on Prime, you ought to give something back. Heck, for the small amount I gave, I could barely cover one stop in one store at the Mall with my teenage daughter. I need Prime as a reference al lot more than my daughter needs a 40th pair of shoes. I just didn't realize I could make it happen so easily.

Think about it.

Glad to have people like you!

+1. just donated for the first time.

Awesome seeing all this support! I was an offender for a long time. I had NO clue you could even donate. Until one day someone posted a thread similar to this one and I immediately donated. Since then it was yearly.

what I am trying to say is subtle reminders like this is what people notice. This site has been priceless in my 10+ years of NSX ownership.

One more way to help is to checkout pop ups that relate to your needs. I normal don't look at pop ups, on Prime I do. If I need it, only if I need it, I check it out. When I get something from this starting place I let the seller know it started with Prime.

Lance

Back