• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW 2015 Inspired 91 NSX Build

It's not making fun. I think most of us are trying to give genuine input with ideas on improvement.

If you look at the F50 (ferrari),the rear spoiler treatment works better with the whole.

When I first saw the thread title "2015 Inspired Build" I was thinking someone was going to copy the brown NSX in Iron Man 2 and do a fully wrapped alcantara/carbon fiber interior. THAT would have been epic. What we have here, well.......
its-something.jpg

I agree that the final product actually looks older than the original. It says "mid-80's concept car" to me. Regardless, the amount of work put into this project, in the short amount of time is very impressive. And hey, the owner can do what he wants with his car.

I don't think its any surprise,that these would be the responses on prime...We as car guys are used to seeing custom bodied cars using the much more common/plebeian fiero/mr2/del sol ect....the nsx is a special car,built by hand....as such it is a greater challenge ,but this car was built for a specific owner with specific taste....I hope he will consider bringing it to xpo 2013 ...would be a unique addition.

I dont mind the comments its just ideas and opinions. we worked hard to make the deadline and we did. thats a A+ in my book. and hell it drove its self there.

It's not my style, but I like interesting projects like this. My only problem is he ruined a pristine car. This is the sort of project you do on a salvage car, not a mint original. I hope this car comes to XPO.

its all reversable. he kept all the oem panels so if need be can be returned to stock.

I still think we did a great job on the car. so bahhh humbug :tongue:

Shawn... I dont think this is a good idea. Why not put this effort into making an HSC body kit? The path you are on now will end up looking like a mishmash of the 1980s and what they thought the future was going to look like (delorean-esque). I'm not trying to be discouraging but I cannot imagine how these two eras could be harmoniously brought together into a working design. It's going to end up a "totally 80s" body kit from the concept :( Hope that's not too harsh, I don't mean it that way.

This.

I would love for someone to pull up to an NSX meet when there are a couple of new NSXs and what the NSX should have been in the form of the HSC.

Shawn, I really like the quarter panel fenders scoops a lot! The rest of of car not so much. But in the end, you built it for a client so it is what it is.

It doesn't look bad, especially in this angle: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/c-gAAOSwNSxVAKZ5/$_58.JPG

I would maybe change the wheel/suspension setup (smaller wheels, wider/larger tires, a tad lower), paint the silver mesh grills to black, and have an 02+ rear valence. Someone want to photoshop this?

One thing I cannot get past here, the listing on eBay says the interior was completely redone. Redone by whom? A kid in school at wyotec in car customization class? Also, if you look closely, there is red paint all over the black portion of the rear diffuser. I do not mean to cause you greif Shawn. I just wonder, what the hell happened? You posted many times about telling members not to buy cheap body kits as they are garbage and then you show us this? I bet if you hit one pot hole, the whole car will crack and shatter. Wide body cars always meet their demise and wind up on eBay.
Lots of work you did, no doubt there and kudos. It just contradicts everything You've said before. You just need to get back to your roots. I do not know you, but I am pulling for you guy.:smile:

I don't paint LOL only assemble, all the leather was redone by this company that does Ferrari's Lambos, My buddy didn't throw cheap stuff at this car he is one of the richest guys I know. paid good money for all that he did to the car.
he has almost every car you can think of in his gallery

click this link and see his cars http://www.extrememotorcar.com/collection

This is not your typical hack job. but somepeople that only buy stuff and had never Built a car they Will never understand.

Last edited:
I don't paint LOL only assemble, all the leather was redone by this company that does Ferrari's Lambos, My buddy didn't throw cheap stuff at this car he is one of the richest guys I know. paid good money for all that he did to the car.
he has almost every car you can think of in his gallery

click this link and see his cars http://www.extrememotorcar.com/collection

This is not your typical hack job. but somepeople that only buy stuff and had never Built a car they Will never understand.
At the last quote, you are 100% correct. I do not understand. :confused:

lol the infamous nsx-e.........it should be called the duck-billed platypus :biggrin:

My thoughts . . .

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/NUZ5OqHdbknHa" width="480" height="350" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
Back