• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest: Comptech Superharger Group Buy

OK guys, first of all let me say that I am doing this only to help some guys that have contacted me, as a favor, I already have a CTSC I am happy with.

A few of you contacted me when I mentioned in a post I was getting a deal on a Comptech supercharger for a friend. So far I have two seriously interested parties in the purchase of a kit. I have spoken to Nate at Comptech and he will help with a Group Buy, and it will go through Ahmed at Vivid Racing, the same guy that did the huge RSII group buy for us.

There are various supercharger kits on the market, the ONLY CARB certified and 50 state legal one is the Comptech. It is also a complete kit with a new cover that is ultra light weight for your targa top, and it comes with the Comptech triangular brace for T kits. It is the simplest system, the only one that does not involve an aftermarket engine management system. It does not require any "tuning". Basically a bolt-on kit. It is the most proven, most raced system out there, and although it gives up a few HP to an intercooled, larger injector, bigger pump, and engine management system, it has far fewer parts that can fail. I personally consider this kit to be simplest and most reliable FI system there is. It's install and be done, worry free with a power curve almost identical to stock, just more.

Of course the next question is how much.... I can tell you right now with the couple of people I have, I can get roughly $1000 off the kit. How much more, depends on the number of buyers. So this thread is to gauge interested from serious interested people. This probably won't happen for a few months. Possibly spring, but I would like to start this now and get a list of interested parties so that we have an idea and can approach Comptech with a number.

If you have an interest in buying a new Comptech Supercharger kit in this group buy, please list your name here. The actual GB will then be setup through Comptech and Vivid. Please don't turn this thread into a turbo versus supercharger thread. Discussion on that can be had elsewhere but I can answer specific questions on this kit.

Thanks.

85066db9b209de66b4e16b9a43187e77.jpg

Interest list:

1) Local friend of turbo2go (coupe kit)
2) JZtwins (targa kit)
3) USAFguy22 (coupe kit)
4) Hapa88 (coupe kit)
5) sleek (coupe kit)
6) Nsxprime member wishing to remain anonymous, let's call him Bond. (coupe kit)
7) payam972 (targa kit)
8) Chungnga (targa kit)
9) NSX-tee (coupe kit)
10) dagluestick (coupe kit)
11) JDM_NA1 (coupe)
12) Ramirez428 (coupe)
13) NSXRay1 (coupe... I know you already have my targa brace)
14) 1qwknsx (coupe kit)
15) hlakhani
16) robD
17) NYCNSX
18) fuoss484
19) panteraDave (targa kit)
20) chuckle323 (targa kit)
21) R1uptempo (targa kit)
22) white NSXs (coupe kit)
23) dreamerstudio (coupe kit)
24) Jerminator (coupe kit)
25) Ethan2013 (targa kit)
26) cougarcat (coupe kit)
27) Frascati (coupe kit)
28) TRTotes (coupe kit)
29) Patricio (coupe kit)
30) NRG TRADR
31) Pruhnke
32) AU_NSX
33) drTruong
34) Pkim
35) sandman1962
36) nsxmm3
37) uneek
38) BMINSX
39) midnightsun
40) bruce99
41) tnrebel
42) nsx4LF
43) wtcox
44) heyskippy
45) Wingz
46) 1qwknsx
47) groupetto
48) aluminumdream
49) sliqq

TO ALL THE GUYS ON THE LIST:

Please go to this thread and vote when you have a chance. Thanks guys.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170018-Poll-COMPTECH-SUPERCHARGER-GROUP-BUY

Last edited:
What is the retail price on this kit?

What is the retail price on this kit?

$9900 for non-targa
$10,400 for Targa both NA1 and NA2

That's retail, not including any special GB pricing. Please also understand this is a COMPLETE kit, meaning it includes the targa brace and engine cover. These items are sold separately on other kits. The brace alone is a $1000 item that is included in the targa kit. If you have your own brace and don't want that, or the targa cover (like me who puts it in the trunk because I like my engine visible), you can get the non-targa kit for a targa car and save the $.

- - - Updated - - -

This kit also has the highest resale value of any FI kit I have seen on prime. Comptech SC kits in good condition sell instantly.

Last edited:
Not to hijack or anything but I have been doing a lot of thinking about blowing mine and if your going to spend all this money on the kit, wouldnt you want to get tuned? You would find power for sure and know your engine is running perfectly. In PA if you drive less than 5k a year you dont need to worry about inspections so some other people may have issues with stickers with EMS. On my s2000 which has comptech's kit I went to EMS and found 40hp but doing nothing. Jeff Evans told me that compecths fuel system does work if you dont want to go that far but its a guess.. Tunning if you can swing it is really worth it.
I have been leaning towards the SOS kit becuase the blower is larger so it can put out more boost at lower temps and they have the smaller pulleys. Does the CT kit have a high boost set up? If they do and the price is right I would be interested for sure. I have been pretty happy with my CT kit on the S2000

Last edited:
Oy.... Please don't open this can of worms here. Your post is really better for another thread. "Tuning" is exactly what I don't want to have to rely on for my motor. The CTSC is not perfect, but what it does is trade a few HP for safety, simplicity, and 50 state legality. Yes, you can get more power if you get an aftermarket engine management, install an intercooler, change your fuel injectors, upgrade your fuel pump, get a heat exchanger for the intercooler, get a water pump and lines for that, raise the clearance and lose your ability to store a targa, spend $2-3000 more on an AEM and tuning, and then rely on some dude to "tune" your engine for you. Then you are illegal, and into a significantly more complex system. This kit is for people that are happy with a safe and proven 350-375 HP. If that is not you, this kit is not for you.

Last edited:
Gauging interest: Comptech Superharger GROUP BUY

I'd need some time to save, but certainly interested!

There are already sellers on ebay and other places advertising kits for around $9200~, so why the need for a Group Buy discount when you can already attain such prices at this time. Considering dealers make 20-30%, the GB pricing should be substantially lower in my opinion. Maybe in the $8K range or less.

Very interested in the Non-Targa kit, as I already have the STMPO rear bar for S/C and the Targa holder I got from Junior.

I'd need some time to save, but certainly interested!

Well like I said, it won't be til sometime in the spring. That's going to give you a few months to save.

Very interested in the Non-Targa kit, as I already have the STMPO rear bar for S/C and the Targa holder I got from Junior.

I added your name.

If the price is right, I'm in the market right now.. ITB is the other direction I may be leaning, but again if the price is right, I'll write the check. I have a coupe.

That's similar to what NOPI was offering during earlier CTSC group buys, although Comptech's corporate structure has changed, and NOPI is no longer a vendor on this board.

John the last GB on these was in 2006. That was 7 years ago. That's why I figured it's time to put another together because I had received no less than 5 inquiries from people when I mentioned I was getting a deal for a friend.

As for what the price should be, the one thing I've learned is to get your serious and interested parties together first, then stand in front of the manufacturer with cash in hand and negotiate. Trying to come up with arbitrary guesses as to what it should be is useless, because they don't know if they are selling 1 or 20. I am applying the same method I did with the wheel GB. Getting it together first then going to the manufacturer.

- - - Updated - - -

If the price is right, I'm in the market right now.. ITB is the other direction I may be leaning, but again if the price is right, I'll write the check. I have a coupe.

I will add your name and will contact you with the pricing once we have this together.

That targa holder wont fit with the STMPO bar will it?

No, you will need to get the targa kit with the Comptech brace. But tou need to just store your targa in the trunk like I do and look fabulous with an exposed engine. Why are you covering your engine?

Last edited:
Ryu, I believe they have switched over to the Lysholm, they had trouble getting enough supply from Autorotor. Autorotor has a huge OEM business, and they just didn't have that much interest in Comptech because they were too small a buyer. That is the reasoning I got from Comptech when I spoke to them.

As far as the GB.... honestly I don't know why I am getting myself into something that will take up a bunch more of my time. LOL... It's these friends asking me to help and I say OK. Next thing you know I have spent 100 hours on something I already own one of. So it's not like I can even get a discount on my own setup.

If I decide to drop 20K and go to Dave's aerocharger, I will sell my CTSC. So basically what I am doing here is de-valuing my own used one on the market. Brilliant move. LOL...

By the way Ryu, for those that want to go with more displacement, Nate said they do have a larger unit. They don't sell it as a complete kit with tuning. They figure the people wanting to go that route can buy and tune themselves. But they will sell a kit short of that. I'm not here to setup a GB for those people that want to do all that. This is for the guys that want the simple bolt-on and drive away kit that is 50 state legal and 100 HP is enough for them. But if someone wants to tag along in here with the larger discplacement blowers then go theuir own route, they can.

Ah, thanks for the feedback. I had heard the same but it's nice to hear the confirmation. I think i'm pretty set on the stock blower. I'm convinced in my own crazy mind that all I ever want to "force" into my car is 7lbs. To operate a larger blower, say a 2.3L, to spin efficiently it needs to push 9lbs minimum. I'm just not willing to put my motor thru that kind of stress. From a driveability perspective I really like the 350-380wHP we can all achieve from the stock 7lb kit as well.

Also, Dave... don't lose hope yet! The Autorotor that you and I have are pretty good. It's just that darn track days heatsoaking. I'm in the process of developing a meth/water cooling solution that cools AFTER the CTSC charged air. I'm actually quite excited about it but obviously it will take me some time to rigorously test it.

Ah, thanks for the feedback. I had heard the same but it's nice to hear the confirmation. I think i'm pretty set on the stock blower. I'm convinced in my own crazy mind that all I ever want to "force" into my car is 7lbs. To operate a larger blower, say a 2.3L, to spin efficiently it needs to push 9lbs minimum. I'm just not willing to put my motor thru that kind of stress. From a driveability perspective I really like the 350-380wHP we can all achieve from the stock 7lb kit as well.

Also, Dave... don't lose hope yet! The Autorotor that you and I have are pretty good. It's just that darn track days heatsoaking. I'm in the process of developing a meth/water cooling solution that cools AFTER the CTSC charged air. I'm actually quite excited about it but obviously it will take me some time to rigorously test it.

Well I appreciate all your hard effort on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be of interest. Depending on price and time when group buy takes place.

Targa or coupe?

Ross has a few RSTB's for SC's left. DO you want to be added to the list for a coupe kit?

I would be interested depending on price. Thanks I have a coupe

I am interested. Just like everyone else depends on the final cost. Coupe kit. Brace and engine cover not needed.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back